Favorite light aircraft simflight3d comment and question

Thread: Favorite light aircraft simflight3d comment and question

Favorite light aircraft simflight3d comment and question

The thread on two seaters got me to thinking and wondering. Has anyone repainted either of the simflight3d's Cessnas? I have them both and consider the little 140 one of my favorites. It has some design features that drive me to distraction. The mirroring of the textures on both and the gap at the bottom of the windshield where the weatherstripping meets the dash on the 140 and the non removable pants on the 172..but other than that they are a lot of fun. The interior is great and the panel is easy to modify and is very clear. But, despite my efforts I am too impatient to create any kind of decent repaints for either the 172 or the 140. Nevertheless I enjoy both of the models. I consider the price for the duo quite reasonable.

So has anyone done any repaints for their own use that came out ok? If it works I'm going to attach a screenshot of my 140 panel.

Attachment 68037

Barry

My thread from some time back asking about these planes...specifically the C140

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...54-SimFlight3D

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

obio:

Thanks for the reply. I have downloaded the repaint duo from avsim for the 140. I did not use them. The little 140 is a good model. The air file is very nice and the exterior looks good. The panel is easy to modify any way you want. I still have fun with it. But, and there seems to always be a but, it seems to me the model just missed being very, very good.

Barry

The paint schemes that come with the package are pretty close to what this airplane looked like when first produced in 1946. Mostly aluminum with very little color paint. I did a little modification of the red and silver scheme to make it more closely resemble the real one that I have access to. I also modified the panel.

The model's air file is real close to how a 140 with a Continental 85hp engine performs.

I very rarely fly anything else.

RD