Fantasy of Flight v1.0 uploaded to library
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy of Flight v1.0 uploaded to library

Fantasy of Flight v1.0 uploaded to library

The file is available in the library, filename Fantasy_Of_Flight_VD_v1_0.zip. It will also be available on Avsim soon.

A few screenshots taken right before packaging:

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did making it!

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Awesome work!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Fantastic! and for such great effort it has to deserve a sticky
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Amazing Dimus, thank you! I haven't fired up FSX in months. I surely will now!
    Greenhouse357

Banned
    Blog Entries

where is it?

OK I don't doubt the dimus u/l fantasy of flight but where is it? If I search of DIMUS I find all his works minus fantasy of flight.

It's gotta be here somewhere as I noticed all the people that HAVE found it and are giving cudos.

So it is rather nebulous when it's been "loaded in the library". Could be just about anywhere here cept for where I've been looking.

Thank you Sir
    Amazing work!

Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Richoday, it is in the airport selection list with ID FA08, about 14 miles north of Lakeland Florida, KLAL, home of Sun 'n Fun

Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by richoday View Post
    OK I don't doubt the dimus u/l fantasy of flight but where is it? If I search of DIMUS I find all his works minus fantasy of flight.

It's gotta be here somewhere as I noticed all the people that HAVE found it and are giving cudos.

So it is rather nebulous when it's been "loaded in the library". Could be just about anywhere here cept for where I've been looking.

richoday, I just checked and it is listed under FSX Scenery. You can also find it under the "Newest First" option. I posted this late last night (my time) after I have just uploaded it so it probably have not been properly accepted yet. I also checked and it is now fully available on avsim too, still shown in "What's New".

Roger, thank you very much for the sticky!

Awesome!!!!
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Yes, THANK YOU! Fantastic-looking scenery!

NC

Charter Member 2015
    Awesome scenery ! ! !

Thank you :salute:

As I've told Dimus time and time again, this scenery is simply a marvel to behold.

Here are some shots from a test hop in Kermit Weeks' Pitcairn Autogiro.

Gorgeous scenery.... going to download this Excelent work!

Test running and the flying the collection's Gee Bee Z (which should be flying soon for real!).

Dimus

Simply outstanding work.

Congratulations on a job extremely well done. Your fellow aviators in The Boys of 60 squadron will also be proud of you.

Best

nio

And finally (for now), some late evening shots of a close reproduction of the collection's Ford Trimotor (the same aircraft featured in the movie Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom), in and around the field.

I've never actually confirmed if it is true or not, but I read up on some details about Fantasy of Flight and the airfield several years ago, and one of the items mentioned was that below the grass surface of the runways, is actually hard-surface concrete runways. This allows for the WWI aircraft in the collection with tail skids that need to be flown off grass surfaces to be operated properly from the airfield, and with the hardened surface below, allows for warbirds as big as B-17's, B-24's (like the collection's B-24 "Joe"), and as the write-up mentioned, even a B-29 (which would be the largest land-based aircraft in the museum, if one of the examples owned by FOF, in storage, were to ever be made airworthy), to be flown on/off the main runway safely. Of course this is something I read about, a number of years ago, so I don't know how true that is. For those not familiar with the airfield/museum will find, the runway is certainly long enough for large warbird operations (with FOF owning a B-26 Marauder that operated from the airfield until it was no longer flown, the collection's B-25, which is coming back up to flight status at the moment, and a few different DC-3's/C-47's have flown in and out of the airfield, including the collection's recently obtained C-47). Kermit Weeks has also spoken about some of the items he still hopes to build as part of the Fantasy of Flight experience, including a seaplane hangar and ramp, similar to those that could be found in the 30's when the great "Clippers" were in operation, where the collection's seaplanes, including the Sunderland, Sikorsky S-39, Duck, and others would be housed.

If you're on Facebook, both the Fantasy of Flight and Kermit Weeks pages are great to follow, with daily (sometimes hourly) posts and updates on what's happening.

These are some photos just posted to the FOF Facebook page today, and this all happened at Fantasy of Flight just this morning! (Photos are all courtesy of Fantasy of Flight)

(Note that with Dimus' amazing attention to detail, all of the various aspect of these photos can be transposed with that of screenshots and in-game views of his work.)

Thank you John!

It is good to see some shots from a much better system than mine.

I have made a quick repaint of the Trimotor to match the collection plane. I will upload it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    I have made a quick repaint of the Trimotor to match the collection plane. I will upload it soon.
    I'm really looking forward to that! Besides absolutely everything else, you did a great job repainting the Guy Diotte static aircraft! They really look the part, and all positioned where you will usually see them these days.

Here are some Fantasy of Flight photos that really make you appreciate all of the attention to detail that Dimus invested in this scenery. It's kind of fun looking back through certain photos, and actually finding even certain shipping crates/containers recreated and positioned just as they were in a certain photo.

Bomber,
    You are right about the runways. They were specially contructed of several layers of special material, including crushed rock, which all lie beneath the grass overlay.

According to Kermit those runways will accomedate a B-29.

Here are a couple of pics of his Gee Bees.

Attachment 67965

Attachment 67966

Awesome Job! Looks great!
    I cant wait to see what your next one is

Tom