SOH A-26 Invader FSX Converted Files Download - Page 3
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: SOH A-26 Invader FSX Converted Files Download

This is just awesome!
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

John - thanks for the note about bumps and specs on Page 1 - only just got back to this thread today. Awaited eagerly here!!
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

VCN-1, I never kept the source files from that project (or the On Mark example), so it would have to be re-done all over again, and right now I just don't have the time I can invest in it - I suspect that it will be done, sometime, however.

I have just uploaded the updated final conversion files to the SOH library, and I'll post the link when activated.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

SOH Download Link

Okay, here are the final (at least for the time being) FSX conversion files: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...34&linkid=6951

If you already have the previous FSX files installed, just overwrite the existing files with these. If installing the early gun nose variant models and repaints, there is a folder of separate textures included, just for those repaints. Hopefully the installation text is detailed and understandable enough. : )
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Whence doing some single engine flying, I did not get a visual feather of the blades. Anyone else?

Cheers: T

Quote Originally Posted by fliger747 View Post
    Whence doing some single engine flying, I did not get a visual feather of the blades. Anyone else?

Cheers: T
    That's correct Tom. The individual prop blade rotation is controlled via the prop pitch lever animation, so they only will rotate to feathered position by pulling the prop pitch levers back. The prop-feathering switches use the default prop-feathering code, so they do function, but you'll have to pull the prop levers back, too, for the full effect.

DVJ, that is beautiful screenshot!

BTW, if any moderator would like to replace my first post in this thread, with one with a link to the SOH/current download files, please do!

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    That's correct Tom. The individual prop blade rotation is controlled via the prop pitch lever animation, so they only will rotate to feathered position by pulling the prop pitch levers back. The prop-feathering switches use the default prop-feathering code, so they do function, but you'll have to pull the prop levers back, too, for the full effect.

DVJ, that is beautiful screenshot!
    Agreed! :-)

Thanks again,; got my copy
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

John:

Thanks, prop feathering now. Will try to spit out a revised file soon,which mostly makes a few minor changes to braking, ground handling and takeoff manners.

T

Keep getting server too busy to post any attachments, will try again!

T

Definitly some issue with the server, keep getting into some endless loop with the server too busy when trying an attachment.

T

Try these, remove the .txt at the end:

T

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    What scenery is this?

Tom also sent teh FM to me just in case he could not get it posted.

I added another 6 or so fltsim sections from what I have if you are interested, otherwise teh same as Tom posted.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Is anyone else having an issue with the some of the VC textures not displaying/displaying as gray on the center pedestal, seat and black background around parts of the panel? I'm not sure if I goofed with proper placement with some of the bump textures or if there is a minor mapping issue.

Any ideas?

Another of Damian's...

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Banned
    Blog Entries

remove what text?

Quote Originally Posted by fliger747 View Post
    Try these, remove the .txt at the end:

T

Which one of these files are you referring to and what txt is removed?

Banned
    Blog Entries

Any Differences

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Tom also sent teh FM to me just in case he could not get it posted.

I added another 6 or so fltsim sections from what I have if you are interested, otherwise teh same as Tom posted.
    any appreciable differences from the original files?

Quote Originally Posted by richoday View Post
    The files you downloaded have ".txt" at the end of their names. Just delete that part and copy and overwrite the existing files. If you have textures installed, you may want to copy that part of the file over into the new ones before copying and pasting, or just rename the current ones to ".bak" so they don't get over written.

Edit: OK, I see, when you download them, using "saveas" they download without the .txt at the end of them. So you can probably just copy them over.

Quote Originally Posted by richoday View Post
    Download them both (one is the .air file the other the .cfg file). Then remove the .txt from the file name. If you have additional repaints then you might want to copy these entries from the old .cfg and add them to the new one, ensuring that the number sequence is maintained..
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Just gets better and better... now I need to try out the new .cfg files. Thank you John!!!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

That looks simply awesome, Ted! And great screenshots too!

Tom, thank you for the updated flight dynamics!

Here are some more shots collected from yesterday:

Members who have read this thread: 113