Installation guides for ETO and Rising Sun - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Installation guides for ETO and Rising Sun

Quote Originally Posted by Daiwilletti View Post
    Hmmm,
    It seems that the step with the black command screen does not occur when I run the 1.0 ETO installer. Then I have to run the multicfs3.exe separately.

Is that possibly AVG antivirus blocking the process? Copying over the vanilla install files works but just once I would like to get the process working as it is meant to.
    Yes, I would say with almost 100% certainty that your Anti Virus software is preventing the black command screen from running. I have Webroot Secure Anywhere and I had to disable it before running the ETO installer. Make sure before you install ETO to DISABLE any anti virus software. Once you have ETO running remember to ENABLE it once again. I've forgotten to do that a few times.
    Last edited by Lt. Heinz Becker; December 19th, 2014 at 15:15. Reason: spelling

Lt. Heinz Becker

Quote Originally Posted by BOBC View Post
    Excellent, clarified any grey areas for me, just wondering...the 16 goodies I saw, are they not required, being bettered by ETOs or are they of use for anyone wishing to embellish what the ETOs give ?

BOBC
    No, those 16 files are not required to install the ETO add-on. The only files that are required are the ones that I listed in the 13 step tutorial that I had previously posted.

Lt. Heinz Becker

I attached a txt file how-to, so you can download it for offline viewing and to keep it in case you need to re-install.

Attached Files Attached Files

ETO? How do I install it? Download Links? HERE Horizontal lines at menu after installing ETO? - FIX - choose a wingman, plane, then try quick mission.I found this config setup ArgonV posted at simhq, works good HERE Graphics card updates change your game settings? With error? Ankor's Shader fixes it HERE Nvidia HERE

Am I correct to understand that both CFS3 and ETO are obligatory to be installed in default location (C:\Program Files (86x)\Microsoft games\ Combat Flight Simulator 3.0)? Is there any other way? It is just that my C: drive is a small-size SSD for OS only...

Quote Originally Posted by Dornil View Post
    Am I correct to understand that both CFS3 and ETO are obligatory to be installed in default location...
    No, they can be installed in another directory or another drive altogether. Just pay close attention to the existing CFS3 and intended ETO directory addresses when installing ETO.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

common.dll

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    CFS3 has been kept alive (like all MS sims until now) by add-ons developed mainly by enthusiasts. The biggest add-ons for CFS3 are the expansions: Korean Skies, PTO Solomons, Mediterranean Air War (MAW) and now ETO and PTO Rising Sun. The last two are by far the biggest and need some care when installing, so Installation Guides have been written to lead the inexperienced user through the process.

This thread contains links to the written guides and Tailwind's excellent video guides. These condense the findings of many users in previous sticky threads. We hope you find them useful!
    Hi there iv`e just loaded ETO 1 and ETO 1.20 but starting it fails as that common.dll is missing,any ideas?
    alcanallen

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by alcanallen View Post
    Hi there iv`e just loaded ETO 1 and ETO 1.20 but starting it fails as that common.dll is missing,any ideas?
    alcanallen
    just find a copy of the requisite file from another cfs3 instal, and paste it into the ETO folder. Hopefully it is as simple as that!

Eto 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Daiwilletti View Post
    just find a copy of the requisite file from another cfs3 instal, and paste it into the ETO folder. Hopefully it is as simple as that!
    Thanks all iv`e tamed the beast now on to ETO 1.4!

No, they can be installed in another directory or another drive altogether. Just pay close attention to the existing CFS3 and intended ETO directory addresses when installing ETO.
    Ok, I kinda lost here and AGAIN fail to install ETO. Could someone please give me step-by-step instructions for installation under Win7 64 Ultimate?

1) I have CFS 3 (patched to 3.1a, w/o no-cd) installed in "D:\Games\CFS 3".
    2) I run CFS3 ETO Expansion Rev 1.0 and at the first prompt input "D:\Games\CFS3 ETO" path.
    3) I do the same at the second prompt ("D:\Games\CFS3 ETO").
    4) CMD window opens, I press any key, it runs few lines very quickly and closes; it doesn't ask anything about overwriting.
    5) On the next prompt (CFS3 ETO Expansion Rev 1.0) I input "D:\Games\CFS3 ETO\CFS3 ETO Expansion".
    6) After installation is done, MultiCFS3.exe starts. But instead of "CFS3 version 3.1 found" it reads "MLD Patcher", and I can only close it.

What exactly am I doing wrong?

Live: Western Maryland. From: North Central West, By God, Virginia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dornil View Post
    Ok, I kinda lost here and AGAIN fail to install ETO. Could someone please give me step-by-step instructions for installation under Win7 64 Ultimate?

1) I have CFS 3 (patched to 3.1a, w/o no-cd) installed in "D:\Games\CFS 3".
    2) I run CFS3 ETO Expansion Rev 1.0 and at the first prompt input "D:\Games\CFS3 ETO" path.
    3) I do the same at the second prompt ("D:\Games\CFS3 ETO").
    4) CMD window opens, I press any key, it runs few lines very quickly and closes; it doesn't ask anything about overwriting.
    5) On the next prompt (CFS3 ETO Expansion Rev 1.0) I input "D:\Games\CFS3 ETO\CFS3 ETO Expansion".
    6) After installation is done, MultiCFS3.exe starts. But instead of "CFS3 version 3.1 found" it reads "MLD Patcher", and I can only close it.

What exactly am I doing wrong?
    Dornil,

First of all, stock CFS3 install should be at base loaction you itend for ETO.

If you do not already have it, please get the ETO 1.0 & 1.20 Installation Guide.zip here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...nks_search.php

It states what you must do to the MASTERSTARTUP. and ETOGLSwapper.bat files. The new pathway to the D drive must be edited as a new location into these files when installing to a location other than C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\CFS3 ETO Expansion or C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\CFS3 ETO Expansion\global_layer.

Also, check out Tailwind's fine ETO Installation videos for Win 7, 4-bit: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...and-Rising-Sun

Tooth, Fang, & Claw

Another use for sheep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2FX9rviEhw

Yes, I read the guide and watched the videos. As I understood, the changes to the batch files are to be made AFTER the installation itself is complete. But I can't even get to this stage since I am not installing it to default location (apparently). Higher up this thread I've been told that it is not necessary to install in to C:\Program files (86)\Microsoft Games, but could be installed anywhere. I am trying but so far I fail to understand how to do it...

Dornil,

Do you have CFS3 in the D location? It's best if you have a copy there.

Look at Installation Guide, Installing ETO, on Page 7.

In the small window where it says "Choose and installation folder and click Next to continue."

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games". There's a button with 3 dots on it to the right of this line in the long, little window.

Click this button to direct installation to where on your computer you wish to install ETO.

Tooth, Fang, & Claw

Ok, the problem was in A_mkdircfs3_etoexpansion.exe not working properly (i.e. not copying the CFS3 into new folder). I copied those manually and seemeingly solved the issue, installed and updated to 1.50.However I observe another problem now: Quick Combat does not start (CTD) if I choose any airfield location in France. In Britain and Switzerland everything seems OK, the single missions I tried also worked fine. Is this normal for ETO 1.50, or I still messed the installation somehow?

This is why I left Rising Sun until the end! I'm trying to meticulously follow the install instructions, but I can't get past the 'run once' requirement for the vanilla install. I get "Please login with administrator privileges and try again". If I run as administrator, nothing happens. Any ideas? I'm in Win 10 64-bit.

Found my answer elsewhere on the forum! :-)

CFS3 ETO in WIn10

Got CFS3 working with help from here. Much thanks.

So then tried ETO.

Reinstalled ETO 1.0 from the download, at "C" drive, in a new folder "C\Program (x86)\Microsoft Games\CFS3 ETO Expansion". ( my original install was on "F" drive dedicated to Win XP programs.)

Got up to the MDL Patcher, and it wouldn't accept "CFS3 ETO Expansion..." as a name. (Do I need to label this for the other copy, not the ETO use?)

After several failed tries, I concluded ETO 1.0 (an XP program) might be less compatible with Win 10 than ETO 1.50

Soooo..., I copied the complete ETO 1.50 program files to the C drive; edited the MASTERETOSTARTUP,dat to the correct "C" drive addresses, edited the Swapper file to "C" drive target, and the popup when it runs is the command window asking for "any key" to change layer files. No choice of layers first. Then it runs Layer 1 window, and after 2 windows of "UnitData Model name "bob_do17z2_Sk+ba" alrady used!" and another for "h75a3, then I get a CFS3 screen " The configuration override file is either corrupted or missing. Please rerun CFS3. CFS3 will now exit."

Can I paste in the uncorrupted "configuration override file", and if so where form and its name please?

Otherwise, I'm stuck for ideas. The clean instal fails at MUlti CFS3 (the MDL patcher); and shifting and editing the swapper & Startup fails too.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

CFS3 PTO ExpansionInstaller

Good day,i see there are 9 files for the installation of PTO but the site ''World of Simulations''shows 9 installers but i can only find 7 one of which is PTO build 1.4 Main Base Install are the rest in the other downloadable files? i`ve downloaded PTO Update 1 and it installed correctly now do i download the rest as they are update`s. RCAF`S VIDEO shows the files as CFS_PTO_Rising_Sun_Rev-Beta-1.0 Installer part 1 to part 8 with 1 additional file am i right that the update files contain these part files,need some help here with the sequence.
    alcanallen

Good day,i see there are 9 files for the installation of PTO but the site ''World of Simulations''shows 9 installers but i can only find 7 one of which is PTO build 1.4 Main Base Install are the rest in the other downloadable files? i`ve downloaded PTO Update 1 and it installed correctly now do i download the rest as they are update`s. RCAF`S VIDEO shows the files as CFS_PTO_Rising_Sun_Rev-Beta-1.0 Installer part 1 to part 8 with 1 additional file am i right that the update files contain these part files,need some help here with the sequence.
    alcanallen
    First of all, PTO_Solomons and PTO Rising Sun are two entirely different installs.

PTO_ Solomons Install:
    PTO Build 1.4 Main Base In stall
    PTO Update 1.0
    PTO Update 1.13
    PTO Update 1.22
    PTO Update 1.30
    PTO Update 1.40
    PTO Update 1,54

PTO Rising Sun Install (PTO Rising Sun Installation Guide applies to this Install ONLY!)
    CFS3_PTO_Rising_Sun_Rev-Beta-1.0-Installer_part-1.zip
    CFS3_PTO_Rising_Sun_Rev-Beta-1.0-Installer_part-2.zip
    CFS3_PTO_Rising_Sun_Rev-Beta-1.0-Installer_part-3.zip
    CFS3_PTO_Rising_Sun_Rev-Beta-1.0-Installer_part-4.zip
    CFS3_PTO_Rising_Sun_Rev-Beta-1.0-Installer_part-5.zip
    CFS3_PTO_Rising_Sun_Rev-Beta-1.0-Installer_part-6.zip
    CFS3_PTO_Rising_Sun_Rev-Beta-1.0-Installer_part-7.zip
    CFS3_PTO_Rising_Sun_Uisel-Installer_part-8.zip
    RS-static-aircraft-mole-fix_installer.zip
    CFS3 PTO RISING SUN BETA HOTFIX MINI-UPDATE

Any attempt to mix these two installs will result in a terrible mess.

Also, ALL of these files are available at Aussieix.

Hope this helps.

Installation sequence for each install is as listed above.

Tooth, Fang, & Claw

PTO Rising Sun

Griz thank you for the heads up i guess i got it wrong,any way i get a ERROR Code 1048 when attempting PTO Solomons 1.13 i`ll go to the Aussie site today.
    Cheers,
    alcanallen.

PTO Rising Sun

Well Griz i don`t want to be a pain but iv`e searched that site and not one of the other files can be found,are they hidden somewhere?
    alcanallen

Well Griz i don`t want to be a pain but iv`e searched that site and not one of the other files can be found,are they hidden somewhere?
    alcanallen
    Yes.

For Rising Sun:

At www.aussiex.org, you need to register and log in.

At home page, click Menu at upper left-hand corner, and select Downloads from the list.

Look at right side of Downloads page, and click on 3rd Party Downloads.

On 3rd Party Downloads page, look at right-hand side again and select ETO/PTO / Sim-Outhouse.

On ETO/PTO / Sim-Outhouse page, scroll down to find CFS3 PTO Rising Sun. then click on it.

On CFS3 PTO Rising Sun 1.0, click Download this File button.

Then click Agree & Download button, and there is the list.

Just get the separate parts, and not the All-in-one pack if you're having internet problems.

I recommend not doing anything else on your computer while downloading.

Tooth, Fang, & Claw

PTO Rising Sun

Thank you will do!

I have Italian language version and my installation path is D:\Programmi\microsoft games\Combat flight simulator 3 and have windows 10 64 bit .
    Need to edited in the MASTERETOSTARTUP only ?
    Thank you for your help.

Top Man Griz!

Thanks found them!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thank you!.jpg