'Ferrari Daytona @ Sebring (Nice Double-Clutch Footage)'

Thread: 'Ferrari Daytona @ Sebring (Nice Double-Clutch Footage)'

'Ferrari Daytona @ Sebring (Nice Double-Clutch Footage)'

And the sound!

My favourite 'affordable' Ferrari!!
    My father had an old friend by the name of Albert Flood, known to one and all 'Bert'.
    He was an ace tuner, on anything you liked but especially when it came to two-strokes.
    Bert had two sons, both of whom were multiple Motocross Champions across the board, one [Gary] went on to fettle the Cosworth F1 which had a number of wins, probably most notable for taking out the B.O.T round at Daytona.
    During his later years Bert took up Ultralights with a vengance, building and flying them complete with only one eye!!
    The point of my waffling is the story of Bert and the Daytona..........decades ago he bought himself a lovely yellow Daytona, a real supercar and the subject of much lust among us 'boys'.
    He tinkered with the tuning for a while, but being Bert he tinkered a bit deeper into the bowels of the car and one weekend we called in to find a disembowelled Ferrari up on stands in his work area.
    Bert decided it need to be assembled 'properly' ["Drives like a bloody truck" he said] and had well and truely got 'stuck in'!
    He never really completed the job, and passed away only a few years ago.
    I believe the car is in Gary's hands at this point in time, no doubt it will end up being sold off for a bundle but I reckon if I had asked Bert a decade or so ago I could have had a 1:1 scale Ferrari daytona assembly kit .......
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    My favourite 'affordable' Ferrari!!
    My father had an old friend by the name of Albert Flood, known to one and all 'Bert'.
    He was an ace tuner, on anything you liked but especially when it came to two-strokes.
    Bert had two sons, both of whom were multiple Motocross Champions across the board, one [Gary] went on to fettle the Cosworth F1 which had a number of wins, probably most notable for taking out the B.O.T round at Daytona.
    During his later years Bert took up Ultralights with a vengance, building and flying them complete with only one eye!!
    The point of my waffling is the story of Bert and the Daytona..........decades ago he bought himself a lovely yellow Daytona, a real supercar and the subject of much lust among us 'boys'.
    He tinkered with the tuning for a while, but being Bert he tinkered a bit deeper into the bowels of the car and one weekend we called in to find a disembowelled Ferrari up on stands in his work area.
    Bert decided it need to be assembled 'properly' ["Drives like a bloody truck" he said] and had well and truely got 'stuck in'!
    He never really completed the job, and passed away only a few years ago.
    I believe the car is in Gary's hands at this point in time, no doubt it will end up being sold off for a bundle but I reckon if I had asked Bert a decade or so ago I could have had a 1:1 scale Ferrari daytona assembly kit .......
    Ouch!
    How long did he have it for before he decided that it needed a bit more tinkering :ques:

IIRC Ed, he had the Daytona for six months or so when he was 'tuning' the car, but it would have been the second six months and Bert had the engine out on his bench!

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Members who have read this thread: 0