Aeroplane Heaven Freeware Hurricane

Thread: Aeroplane Heaven Freeware Hurricane

Aeroplane Heaven Freeware Hurricane

Has anyone modded the freeware Hurricane by Aeroplane Heaven for use in FSX? I have tried the original and another supposedly modified for FSX with poor results. Using the original there are no spinners, props or wheels showing. The FSX modified version has problems displaying visual models. Any tips please?

Hello harrybasset,

The aeroplane heaven hurricane for fsx is now a JustFligfght payware
    http://www.simflight.com/2010/05/01/...ns-justflight/

This is a wonderful model. It is one of my favorite.

Have a good day

Benoit
    ALPHA BLEU CIEL Gmax Ac RESTAURAVIA Royale French Navy

Hello Benoit

Sorry, I should have made it clear I was talking about the original FS2004 AH Hurricane which was released some time ago as freeware.

Blog Entries
    There's a freeware update to it. I have used it, and found it quite nice, particularly in light of it having the Sea Hurriance. The file is called XHurri.zip. I can't recall from where I downloaded it - it may have been at SOH archives, or Simviation - sorry for not being able to help more than that. But if you find that file, you'll be good to go. Again, not leading edge by current standards, but still very enjoyable - and free.

Rich Ruscoe supplied some mods to the aircraft.cfg for more accurate hook settings - can dig those out if required. Need a few days to focus on some big work stuff first.

Regards,

Managed to get that XHurri.zip that DL mentioned by Danny Gardnier, it is a mess, only 1 of the texture sets has the wheels bmp hence none of the others having wheels. that bmp is in the prototype texture set.

The prop and spinners are in the spinex bmp of which all but 2 have jet black alpha channels so maybe 2 will have props and spinners.

It can be fixed but I would not bother

I have the original working ok with no problems

Original model download = found on Flightsim = aihrcn04.zip

I have done some of my own mods like adding tail hook and cat launch but nothing fantastic.

DL the download available on Flightsim has all the models, Prototype, Sea Hurricanes, IId tank buster etc etc

Not that much interest it seems, both aboard Flying Stations late war HMS Victorious

Blog Entries
    Thanks Rich,

Been working 18 hour days for most of the last week - so apologies for not posting within 24 hrs ...

I have my model working fine for my needs - if the pack I downloaded had missing textures, I must have sorted it out - again, this was a year or two back. The plane is installed and sorted fine now - I was just trying to help answer Harry's question regarding the original update.

Harry - you should be sorted now - if you plan to fly the Sea Hurriance, and if Rich is willing to provide, get his launch/trap aircraft.cfg mods. I have them on my sim pc, which I have not been on - nor will be on, for another week whilst on a work project. But they really improve the arresting performance on what is otherwise a nice model. Indeed, I got this package over the payware ones solely because my interest was only in the IID and Sea Hurricane ones.

Hope this all helps,

DL

Thanks for the replies/info gentlemen. I have got wheels appearing on the Aeroplane Heaven Hurricanes but not props and spinner. I have now tried the Hurricanes by Robert Sanderson. The Sea Hurricanes seem OK for me except one anomaly, the Hurricane II has the same anomaly and the prop textures? are dark/opaque. I have tried putting the SH props into the MkII textures but have not got that right yet. The anomaly is that there is what looks like an untextured piece of the panel sticking out of each side of the cockpit area giving a see through effect from certain angles.

Hi Harry, I gave up on trying to get "The anomaly is that there is what looks like an untextured piece of the panel sticking out of each side of the cockpit area giving a see through effect from certain angles".on Robert Sanderson Hurricanes it may be in the model.

Delta Lima seems to have the AH models sorted so to avoid confusing the issue I will leave it to him.

Blog Entries
    I've never gotten the Robertson models to work right either.

As stated, I'm away from my sim pc for another two weeks - will try to get to it on my return. I remember having to monkey with some textures, there may have been a prop texture from Roger - who knows. Again, it's been years. If it my installed version still looks fine, but I can't get the one online to work from scratch, the AH crew if for permission to email you a copy of my final installed version. Sorry - best I can do.

DL

Painkit for the Hurricane

Hiya all, I was wondering is there a paint kit available somewhere for this model, i have a couple of paints i would love to do for this as i am still flying FS9

Members who have read this thread: 11