MS Flight is released !! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MS Flight is released !!

Quote Originally Posted by Francois View Post
    Too funny Jan. Gosh, I wish I had time to play....... oh wait.. I'm on my way out to our yearly ski vacation !
    Have fun with that, Francois, but stay on the track you hear ! You know what can happen if you don't...

MS FLight is a good flying game, i'm sure you're going to love the RV-6 and Maule !

Groeten,
    jan

Quote Originally Posted by bobmay View Post
    Played the basic game for an hour today today <yawn> I've been spoiled by FSX I guess. Who on earth is going to stick with this and lay out money in the hope that it's going to get better ?
    You're not going get any fun out of the free basic game, Bob. You didn't get FSX for nothing either, did you. Far from it even if you think about all the bells and whistles you had to buy to get the best out of it. MS Flight has nothing much to do with FSX, two very different animals, doesn't mean that they can live happily together. If you're willing to spend some money on it, like you'd do for any ol' game, you can get a lotta fun out of it. If you happen to like games in the first place of course.

If anyone finds out how to raise the undercarriage on the Icon please let me know.
    Just press 'G' and up they'll go. ( Flight does show its origin, no doubt... )

Edit : or flip the switch on the mid pedestal ( sorry, not much time in the Icon yet. Just rescued a lost kayaker and found the switch)

cheers,
    jan

Hey, over at Avsim at the mo : FS9 Forum (7 viewing), FSX Forum (33 viewing), MS Flight forum (160 viewing)..... :costum:

cheers,
    jan

Well Flight IS the "new kid in town". We will see how well that holds.
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Has anybody had a look at the file structure? Is it at all familiar, or something like Rise of Flight, or early pre-mod IL-2? (I've read manual hacking of CFG files already....how does the folder arrangment look?)

Charter Member 2012
    Doesn't look like the file structure is anything to mess with; almost all of the game is located in one .pak file... Initial impression of 'the game' is it is an extremely polished product, maybe not very appealing to those used to the FSX experience, but the potential feels enormous. The simplified FM represented in the initial part of the game subjectively feels more fluid and complex than in previous series FSX, 9 etc. Time will tell...

Quote Originally Posted by Barfly View Post
    simplified FM
    Hu? The Stearman and Icon are simple aircraft, so if your comment is about them feeling simple, then thats an accurate FM. The Vans and Maule are ANYTHING BUT SIMPLE!!!! You take off heavy in a Maule, and you will WISH you dropped a few gallons before flight.
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Quote Originally Posted by magoo View Post
    Has anybody had a look at the file structure? Is it at all familiar, or something like Rise of Flight, or early pre-mod IL-2? (I've read manual hacking of CFG files already....how does the folder arrangment look?)
    The usual folder is there in the same sub folder as the one containing the FsX.cfg.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Is there a way to play without logging into Live first? It let me play once after the install without being logged in but now it seems I have to login.

Quote Originally Posted by RCAF_Gunner View Post
    Is there a way to play without logging into Live first? It let me play once after the install without being logged in but now it seems I have to login.
    On one of the opening screens is an option called "Live". You can set your log-in information there (i.e. you can turn off automatic login, change your gamertag and profile info, etc.) You should also read the manual (available at the Flight homepage) where there is more info on settings and gameplay.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Charter Member 2012
    @Gibbage: I don't disagree with anything you said, just posted after 'knocking back a few' so may not have been too clear I'll check out the Maule and Vans.

Well... I downloaded the manual. It says the same thing as the online help:

"Yes, you can play Microsoft Flight offline. Once you download the game, you no longer need an Internet connection to play. Simply start the game and skip the sign-in process."

but I see no option to skip the sign-in process. I get a "Click any key to continue" prompt after launching flight and then the Live / Gamertag login comes up. I don't see any key or button to skip that and if I try not entering my password it goes no where. Very frustrating given the manual says it should be possible... has anyone else tried it / figured it out?

Quote Originally Posted by paiken View Post
    On one of the opening screens is an option called "Live". You can set your log-in information there (i.e. you can turn off automatic login, change your gamertag and profile info, etc.) You should also read the manual (available at the Flight homepage) where there is more info on settings and gameplay.

No longer active
    Apart from the almost missing torque the flight model seems to be improved quite noticabl over FSX.
    Ground handling and turbulence is more realistic as well.
    Initially it looks like FLIGHT is exactly in the middle between the slighty too stable FSX and the rediculously paper airplane like x-plane

Charter Member 2012
    Agree with Bernt above - where's the torque, lol. Other than that, overall a great improvement.

SOH-CM-2024
    D/L'd it, have a LIVE acct., got this message:

Attachment 60725

Oh well, back to FS9 and FSX. Duped, uninstalled.

Caz

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    D/L'd it, have a LIVE acct., got this message:

Attachment 60725

Oh well, back to FS9 and FSX. Duped, uninstalled.

Caz
    I have same situation !!!
    Too bad ..... MSFlight stinks.
    Back to FSX with joy !!!
    Italo

If all the files and folders are in one big file does this mean you can't edit the aircraft in any way? Can't make your own or alter an existing repaint? Can't edit flight dynamics in aircraft.cfg file (or flight's equivalent thereof)? Can't fiddle with the panel.cfg file and swap out some gauges and add your own popup panel for example adding VOR and ADF gauges to the stearman so you can navigate it with radio navaids? Yes many people do add these gauges to their restored aircraft in the real world. Is it possible or are we stuck with exactly what they give us? That will be the deal maker or breaker for me and I am sure many other people. That would be taking away a major part of what this hobby is about. If we can't edit the aircraft and scenery now they need to make a program that we can buy to do so. Sometimes I like to go out in the middle of nowhere in the desert and make my own airfield from scratch. They should give us this capability if they want to retain some of their faithful (so far) followers.

Tried this today, and to my surprise it was actually fun. Graphically not so advanced as I was hoping it to be, it's like FSX refurbished. Rock/cliff textures were actually really nice compared to FSX. I'm not sure why there is so much hating, I know it's gameish, but I haven't seen so much bashing on any other flying games before. Might be interesting to see where this goes in the future...