Square Bomb Fix ??

Thread: Square Bomb Fix ??

Blog Entries

Square Bomb Fix ??

Hi all,

I know this has probably been discussed a couple of hundred times, but has anyone fixed the square looking stock bombs? I've seached all over for a fix but can't seem to find one.

Attachment 67560

Thanks for any help.

Geary

I do belive Mark Rude would be the man who did that fix.
    I have also made some but haven't released them yet.

Jon

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

Well ...

Why don't you use the AvH weapons that have been around for a while?

Blog Entries
    dancat,

Your bombs look great! If or when you decide to release them, I'm sure they will be greatly appreciated. I checked Mark Rude's add-ons and can't find any bomb fixes, although a few weeks back I did download his great looking fix to the 108 gal tank.

NachtPiloten,

I have AvH's weapons packs and many others, but seems like a fix to the stock bombs will make it easier for guys like me (slow-witted and talentless (and quite possibly, lazy)) to get an overall fix to an annoying problem as many planes, including many add-ons, use the stock bombs. Just easier I guess, than trying to convert a ton of dp files to use other weapons.

Thanks guys. (I think the holy grail of the stock bomb fix is out there ... along with Jimmy Hoffa, a working teen-age-son, and the perfect woman.)

Geary

So

So you are suggesting that new bombs and weapons be named as the original MS one's were and just replace the files in the appropriate folders. This would permit folks to use the add-ons without messing around with xdps.

Blog Entries
    Yes. I think.

Is what you suggested possible? Like changing out the stock 108 gal tank Mark Rude did for his improved version? Now, no matter which plane calles it up, it's always the improved version.

The ability to swap out some of the stock aircraft with square-looking wings etc - like the stock p-47 :angryfir: - would also be appreciated, but unfortunately the game depends on some of these clunky models.

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    The ability to swap out some of the stock aircraft with square-looking wings etc - like the stock p-47 :angryfir: - would also be appreciated, but unfortunately the game depends on some of these clunky models.
    It (the game) only depends on those because of the stock missions. Get rid of them and I think the game will run w/o the stock planes.

My bombs and droptanks are replacements for the original files. I have most of the American and British bombs and drop tanks complete. I will start uploading Monday or Tuesday.

been hoping this would drop in someday.......EXCELLENT! thanks