MilViz F-15E or IRIS F-15?

Thread: MilViz F-15E or IRIS F-15?

Hybrid View

MilViz F-15E or IRIS F-15?

I can only purchase one right now, so I was just wondering what F-15 to buy. I am looking for feed back from both sides. Thanks for any advise.

I think to get any answer you're looking for, what, aside from price are you seeking in the one you want to buy? Though both same airframe, both offer different things that make each one unique in it's own right. Are you looking for in depth avionics, Flyable missions, Eyecandy, Ctl-E start up, price, etc? Anyway, you will get a wide variety of replies, few unbiased so it will ultimately come down to what it is you're seeking. Also, cruise through all the threads started by both companies, to show their wares off and their attention to fixing what needs fixing. You will find many passionate viewpoints that all share a desire to have the biggest bang for the dollar.

I realize this didn't answer what you're seeking, but you asked a very vague question.

Milviz thread:Milviz F-15E Strike Eagle aka The "mudhen" released (Payware) and Freeware Missions, AI Traffic and Airbases for MilViz F-15E

Iris thread: IRIS F-15E 'Mudhen Driver' WIP Thread and Official] IRIS - Platinum Series F-15E Mudhen Driver support

Matt

Charter Member 2012
    I own both (purchased both on the day of launch) - at the moment i cant stop flying the iris version as everything seems to work on it with loads of nice features. Once Milviz sorts out the important update i may feel differently.

If you loved the Aerosoft F-16 - you'll love the Iris F-15.

Does it really matter

When you have one and see how it flies you 'll want to know how the other one works. I made plans for both and will fly both. Just waiting for FSPilotshop to get it together.

Jim

I always wanted a 15 but I'm like many I'm not going to buy every version that hits market

After the failed c27 patch and the decsion back then to leave it as is and the poor state of support on thier forums, I elected to go the milviz package

Milviz have an outstanding track record for support which reflects in thier forums, which for me was one of th main influencing factors

Besides that I find the iris models cartoon-ish in the texture front and the names of their staff members and thier mates on the side on the paints is a turn off for me, noting those concerns I show very little interest in their models

While some may disagree, that's my choice and views why I didn't go with the iris model, I've been burnt and not keen on wasting money on something I won't be happy with

The milviz bird for me is great, it has excellent frame rates, excellent textures and etc etc etc, I'm more than confident with the sp it will only go forward

Where after past experiences with iris I honestly couldnt say the same

Dedication is when you have a fresh pizza sitting in the kitchen, with your favorite show on TV...and you're at the PC filming for the video!

Quote Originally Posted by MenendezDiego View Post
    Dedication is when you have a fresh pizza sitting in the kitchen, with your favorite show on TV...and you're at the PC filming for the video!
    HAHAHAH! Yes. You reminded me, I need to eat. O.o

Judging by the colour coding on the missiles, the shape of the external tanks and the contours of the fwd part of the CFTs it's pretty obvious who's the best researcher. I am extremely happy with my own choice ;-)

Members who have read this thread: 8