MilViz F-15E or IRIS F-15? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MilViz F-15E or IRIS F-15?

I think I was almost seconds away from pulling the trigger on the latter IRIS release before that pic arrived;-)

Now though, to be honest, at least from that pic, the shape and colours of the Milviz model look stunning.

It's all well and good for some folk to say "get both", but not all of us can.
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

Quote Originally Posted by JAllen View Post
    Thinking I like the sleeker look of the upper one but the lower is closer to real world as I compare them to actual photos on my desk top. Don't know if the actual photo is distorted. Some unbiased soul who has years on Eagle flightlines may have a better perspective seeing the duo in the sim. Did somebody work from actual construction drawings?

Jim
    There shouldn't be any distortion, I suspect both were taken in sim but at different focal lengths but that will not alter the length height ratio, all I did was rescale the lower one, what got longer by 15% also got taller by 15%, the lower one is certainly more accurate in the tail area and conformal tank area. Regarding the noses, the sleek nose looks more F-14ish, yet the other more tubby, everyone sees shapes differently, to me, and this is my own gut feeling, neither look right, either may be technically and exactly right by the numbers, but I've found the sim tends to benefit models that are made to look right rather than exact replicas dimensionally, ie you bend a few bits here and there to obtain the 'character' of the subject. I'm not talking huge numbers, just an inch here or there can throw a whole different feel to a model.

People cannot measure pictures by eye, we don't have tape measures built into our optics, it would be cool if we did though LOL, people measure by proportion and reference/juxtaposition to other parts, and that makes it a personal 'image' in our minds and thus subjective . I think a blend between the two nose/canopy sections would make me 'feel' it looked like a F-15. We cannot actually measure things in the sim, theres nothing tangible to measure, so we rely on the visual proportions to make us think its right, well I do anyway LOL.

Those who model in other genres will know what I'm talking about, especially model railroading, exact scale models sometimes fail to portray the 'presence' of the real thing, especially in the smaller scales 1:72 and smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by dougal95 View Post
    I think I was almost seconds away from pulling the trigger on the latter IRIS release before that pic arrived;-)

Now though, to be honest, at least from that pic, the shape and colours of the Milviz model look stunning.

It's all well and good for some folk to say "get both", but not all of us can.
    LOL, your best bet is to get the one that 'feels' right for you, I doubt there is a right or wrong choice, just personal preference. I think they both look very good, but there are differences.

I never saw an f15 in real life ... so for me itīs a bit harder to determine witch one represents best the real one. Not trying to go in the "mine is better than yours" thing, just a help to spend my money in the right place. I have planes from IRIS and Milviz and iīm happy with all of them. Less criptic posts like "ahhh, i bought the right one, look how itīs right" would help too! :salute:
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Quote Originally Posted by Barnes View Post
    I believe the seats were addressed elsewhere, dimly recall that there are different types of seat, some up grade or something, hence the two types of seet seen.

The Milviz F-15, with SP I think is much better, as far as weapons systems, flight dynamics, and sound, the new sound included in the SP is just amazing. With a working Air to Air , and Air to ground radar, with cursor you can move around to select different air to air or air to ground targets, makes it fun to fly. Not only that all the weapons, that are selectable in the loadout screen work, AGM's GBU's Air to Air missiles. Not only that, the radar itself has different submodes, as well. It is a much more complete simulation of the F-15E. And even better part, is the weapons work in multiplayer, if you are so inclined you can fight against other Milviz F-15E owners, it's quite fun. Along with the great F-15 model itself, you also get scenery for the major F-15 bases around the world, and flyable mission to use the F-15E in anger.

The SP really brings a whole new airplane system wise to the already great Milviz F-15. It's the little things I like in the new flight model, like the wing buffet's when your speed gets low, and your AOA is high. When you add a lot of weapons to the F-15E, you can feel the weight of the weapons on the performance of the Mudhen. A clean loadout, and she screams through the sky, full loaded, down low in weeds, she can be a handful. And the new sound set is just amazing. Also a endorsement from a real world F-15E driver helps as well I think.

But alas to each their own, not everyone is going to agree on this subject, and there are some strong feelings on about both companies mudhens. But Milviz has a life long customer from me, just from the help and support of the milviz team, they provide some of the best customer service around.

But I also love Iris F-16d, and A-10. so to each their own.

Good Luck on the decision.
    Jon Bailey

Thanks Jon! Your comments are really helpful! I heard that milviz version is harder in the fps, but i think itīs because all the system options and many features available. :salute:
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

I have made my decision, I think...
    Matt

similar angle to the shots, just opposite facing;

the nose is actually quite sleek looking.... doesn't look tubby to my eye....

Matt, it is not the same perspective. Your photo is from the rear looking down the nose. Like my photos, the perspective distorts the proportions.

Hey, I see the intake is tilted downward in your pic. F-15 has variable intake angles? "Vari-ramps" by any other name.

Jim

looking at the shaping and everything i'd say the IRIS bird is closer to the photo, perspectives look right....

just wondering here how do the 2 VC's compare to those that have both Mudhens?

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Air to air, and air to ground tutorials for the Milviz F-15 hot off the press. Enjoy.

Air to air: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyYdt...EFhSDVa0W9QchP

Air to ground: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wveFu...Fr85iWkPgfZ2cm
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

Allow me to please add ... if you want to conduct inflight refueling with an AI tanker who's boom will actually plug into your UARSSI recepticle and pump actual gas into your jet, which you confirm by referencing your cockpit fuel totalizer, then MilViz has that and far as I know the other does not. Oh, and you know you are plugged in because the boomer's voice tells you a split second after you hear the characteristic "plunk" sound of the coupling.

Cheers,

Ken

Charter Member 2012
    just doing a cockpit comparison

Quote Originally Posted by Barnes View Post
    just doing a cockpit comparison
    Ooooh, yes please.

Nice and chrisp please
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

Charter Member 2012
    Hi Dougal

Hope this helps. If you want a bigger image then download here ..... http://www.mediafire.com/?3wla9am7avd83s6
    I actually enjoyed flying both to do the pics - its so hard to pic a favourite.

Excually i didn't even wanted to post because of this little childrens bull****e.........but i prefer the Iris F-15E because it looks way better.......

And the eye point/head point in the MILVIZ VC is irritating.....

Hey Barnes could you show us a comparison with the VC in dusk and the interior lights on ...not to mention the backseat......thanks!

Charter Member 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by TAFKAM View Post
    Excually i didn't even wanted to post because of this little childrens bull****e.........but i prefer the Iris F-15E because it looks way better.......

Hey Barnes could you show us a comparison with the VC in dusk and the interior lights on ...not to mention the backseat......thanks!
    Hi

Thank you for lowering yourself to this level of bull****e!!

As Milviz are in the middle of their fix - i feel that it would be unfair to show lighting. As i have said on other iris F15 threads, i think Iris have done a superb job on the light effects - better than the Aerosoft F16 IMHO.

yeah sometimes you have to go with tha flow....... also for these kinda topics.....but lets keep it on F-15's instead of F-16.....

but even though its before release of their SP I still like to see that comparison.....and let other people be the judge of that instead of the squad of the "M"club...

Quote Originally Posted by TAFKAM View Post

How many F-15E's have you sat in? In all honesty, the eye point of the Iris F-15E makes it look like a 2D cockpit.

Charter Member 2012
    This is interesting. I never lined up the first external comparison correctly so the versions were not seen at exactly the same angle.

I have taken more time to get the camera angle much the same for both at the same distance. Its now harder to tell the difference.

Cool it Diego. One thing (and this is partially eyepoint related) that IRIS did get right is the viewable area of the HUD. Ours is off by about 1.5-3 degrees vertically. KC and I are looking for ways to fix that.
    -JB

I am not talking about 'viewable area'. I'm talking about the actual head position.

Members who have read this thread: 8