[Official] IRIS - Platinum Series F-15E Mudhen Driver support
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Official] IRIS - Platinum Series F-15E Mudhen Driver support

[Official] IRIS - Platinum Series F-15E Mudhen Driver support

Hi all,

Available from:
    The Flight Sim Store: http://x.co/i15fss
    Simmarket: http://x.co/i15smf
    & FSPilotshop.com will be announced when we have the links.

Thanks for stopping by! Please place all of your support requests here for the F15E. Reviews are also accepted ;-)

We have an official support forum which we have opened: http://x.co/i15ozx we will endeavour to read here as much as we can, however most questions will be asked and answered on there and our facebook page http://x.co/ifsifb

As per our notice on Facebook, we have released the IRIS - Platinum Series F-15E Mudhen Driver [FSX] under our newly created brand of IRIS Development Studios. Here is a copy of our release notice:
    Now that the files have been emailed & we've updated the stores with admin info, I get to tell you what's happening!

Due to the amazing work David has done in building IRIS Flight Simulation Software we have had many new developers want to come and work with us. David & I discussed what we wanted to do this year and one of the things was expand IRIS Flight Simulation Software to include our partner developers and recognise them seperately for the work that they do.

From this, IRIS Development Studios was born.
    This is a new branch of the team, with new developers (and old) who want to release in partnership with us under this new title.
    Development partnerships where IRIS Flight Simulation Software will stay the primary producer will be released under IRIS Flight Simulation Software.

Nothing will change, except the our products are being released either in-house (IFSS) or in partnership (IDS).

What you may want to know:
    - We do have a domain name for IDS, but you will be directed to the main IRIS site
    - we do have store accounts at The FlightSim Store; SimMarket & FSPilotshop.com (we are keeping our original store accounts as well)
    - the support forum is staying the same
    - the support email is staying the same
    - the main website is staying the same (domain)

Got questions? Ask here!

In the meantime, please let us know how you feel about our new plane!

Enjoy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

External Review & Feedback Links

Hi all,

As I come across reviews or feedback, I'll post the external links in this post. Don't forget to check up on it, or send me a link if you've written a review somewhere.

Cheers

------------------------------------
    OzX forum: http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?%...5e-feedback%2F
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice one, I feel sorry for the Ruskie!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Charter Member 2012
    Well - i have bought it and love it - well done IRIS team.I have checked the manual to find a quick start switch but cannot - has anyone elseI also cannot load all the points using the ordinance manager - has anyone been able to put fuel tanks etc on the 2 wing points (2 and 8)Also why did the ord manager need to be so small you have to get close to screen to read the darn thing?!!!

Charter Member 2012
    Hi

Good news. I realised that i had not restarted FSX after installing.

Ordinance manager now fully works.

Well done again Dave and iris team for a great product.

Hello Barnes,

I am happy you like the F-15E, you can adjust the size of the loadout mgr by grabbing the the corner just like a window, or even move it around on your desktop. If you have a dual monitor setup, you can even right click, "Undock" the gauge and drag it to the other monitor. But there is certain criteria that needs to be met, such as engines off and parking brake set. also on page 165 of the manual is the loadout mgr section that tells about a cheat switch to allow you to use it even if the engines are running.

The aircraft is set up to load running or off depending on the last aircraft or your sim's preference, so there is no need for a quick start switch. you can also switch planes in mid flight and it will be running, just need to turn on the MPDs and re load your ordinance.

I hope you have many hours of enjoyment, and we added some very cool stuff in there that I hope you will like.

Charter Member 2012
    Thanks for the info Tim

Im very impressed with the F15 - i kinda bought it just to support IRIS with no real expectations - it's definately the best IRIS product to date

2 hours in the logbook :-)
    Gets better every hop. Very nice job.
    Congrats to the entire development team !

Charter Member 2012
    So impressed with the VC and all the lighting effects. As good, possibly better than the Aerosoft F-15

We're enjoying the feedback on here and on the forums at OzX and our facebook page. We've had a couple of questions come up already and we're compiling a FAQ for our customers to have a look at. Most questions are getting answered within a couple of hours (allowing for time differences).

Looking forward to seeing more screenshots.

Thanks guys n gals for making this one of our best new releases to date!

K.L-B

Charter Member 2012
    Has anyone seen the flare effect? I was not quick enough to capture the flare itself

90 mins logged, amazing aircraft ;-)

Is the sonic -boom- modelled?
    Anneke

Oh man does this look good.

I can't afford it:redf:
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

Just two things.....

Support related...... I seem to be having issues changing the frequencies....I'm sure I'm missing step somewhere...been using the manual but can't seem to get it.

Idea relate.......as in most jets there is normally some form of exaust smoke even if minor....can we get a little of this?

something I noted....in tower view....at about a 1/2 mile distance, just like the captain sim F-18, the ordnance load disappers and so does the afterburner........is this supposed to happen? Cause its very noticable.

Hello Skyhawk,

To change the ILS or TCN
    Press "Menu" when you get the page that has that info.
    First press the button next to ILS or TCN. With the ILS it will display a "0" on line 6 (bottom LCD) there you can enter the ILS freq. (without the decimal) and then press the same button on ILS to lock it in. You should see the freq. changed now. On the TCN there's an extra step, when you press that TCN button, instead of giving you the "0" it will take you to a TCN page, and you will need to press the next TCN on the other button and you should see the "0" on line 6 and enter the 3 digit code and press TCN bitton again to lock it in. and that should do it. if you need to change from Y to X that would be on the right side of the line the freq is displayed.

On the Engine exhaust smoke, David and I discussed that will try to add, if we can.

On the last part you said it was losing the ordinance and AB from far away, yes that is the LOD model changing.

Hope that helps,
    Tim

ok...I'm trying to enter 122.2 into the com2 radio....I understand there's something to see? a little hidden something?

Ahhh,

OK click the UHF 2 button, and then you should see a "0" then type 12220 no decimal then press the UHF 2 button again to lock it in and you will hear the chatter.

Did you try the chart light yet also?

David is the UFC guy, I basically did the visuals. the chart was my baby, the chatter he came up with.

Gotit thanks.....this plane was worth the wait.......now if only I had the time to figure out the whole thing....someday

Beautiful aircraft this one, but, could sure do without the pink HUD. I was told it wasn't there all the time just depending on angle and light. Well it is pink all the time and just dimmer and brighter and I keep seeing it and growing to hate the damned thing. If true and accurate, wish you had left that part out. LOL

Anyone else feel the same? The HUD is great in all other respects.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by JAllen View Post
    Beautiful aircraft this one, but, could sure do without the pink HUD. I was told it wasn't there all the time just depending on angle and light. Well it is pink all the time and just dimmer and brighter and I keep seeing it and growing to hate the damned thing. If true and accurate, wish you had left that part out. LOL

Anyone else feel the same? The HUD is great in all other respects.

Jim
    Thank you Jim for the comments,

Unfortunately the rose color HUD is how the real aircraft is, I'm sorry you don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by timghetta View Post
    Thank you Jim for the comments,

Unfortunately the rose color HUD is how the real aircraft is, I'm sorry you don't like it.
    A few thoughts;

Fair points on both sides... an interesting perspective on opposing valid views on enjoying products in FSX.

Also, would appear that few people read the entire manual for any given FSX product. But we do refer to sections in the manual when current help is needed. So a manual is good.

As for "getting in the books" for our FSX rides, many have stacks of reading to do for real world responsibilities. Works projects, bills, etc. They are far ahead on the list of priorities with regards to FSX or when it comes time to sit down and read.
    FSX is our small window to get away from it all. So I get that we are not into reading giant manuals.

Anyone about to ride a tactical jet, who is a non-professional pilot and fortunate to strap on flight gear (especially during the parachute on our back days), remembers that the process of getting out to the jet in that awkward wardrobe and climbing in the back without ending up in a heep on the ground, provides memories enough for a life time :-)
    How about smells of jet fuel, hydraulic fluid, and queasiness from pulling G in a 40 thousand pound roller coaster for the first time. Tough to model all that in FSX, but I really appreciate the efforts of developers who try giving all that to us whenever they can :-)

The Mudhen is a great effort and is bringing us much closer to the real deal !

paul :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o-RnZvlUVo

Thank you Paul,

Here is a cool video from the backseat.

I love Top Gear, use to watch it all the time. I'm heavy into fast cars, I got a turbo Lexus with 600 horsepower, that's the closest I can get to a fighter jet right now.

Members who have read this thread: 23