[Official] IRIS - Platinum Series F-15E Mudhen Driver support - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [Official] IRIS - Platinum Series F-15E Mudhen Driver support

I have no problem with the MFD. On and off is functional. The problem is that the aircraft is unplayable from the cockpit of power by large gouges, even when the MFD off. Sorry my english is very weak I am from Czech Republic.

Ok, so you are saying the low FPS (Frame rates)? That's so low you can't play when inside the cockpit?

Ok, so you're running:
    AMD FX 6100 6xcore
    8 GB ram
    GeForce GTX 570,

what are your FPS?

I am running an older PC:
    Q6600 Intel Quad 2core
    8 GB Ram
    GeForce 8800GT

I am getting 14-18FPS average even in Orbx scenery. Even can go 20+ in default FSX scenery.

When I run the game on max 8-9
    The details of minimum 10-12
    clean only real game environment.
    when completely clean with nothing or just after I change resolution does not help

What FPS are you getting on default aircraft?

Also I think maybe we should move this to Iris Support Forum where we can help you better. Also if you can join the forum and post your Order# and we can go into deeper support so we are not taking up SOH's time here.

Here is the support forum link:
    http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...mudhen-driver/

Thank you for your help
    Maybe I will probably find where the problem ...
    It is described as an alternative texture so it will try try again thank you for your time.

Tomas,

If you are still having problems, please come to our Forum and let us see what we can do to make it better.
    Something else you might want to try is to look in your FSX.cfg.
    The aircraft is very complex, with all of the switches, knobs, buttons, and 7 independent MPDs, it will run poorly on slower systems. I'm positive you should get better FPS then you are now since you have higher system specs then me.
    I believe it could be a config issue in FSX.

-Tim

Quote Originally Posted by timghetta View Post
    Hello Barnes,

I am happy you like the F-15E, you can adjust the size of the loadout mgr by grabbing the the corner just like a window, or even move it around on your desktop. If you have a dual monitor setup, you can even right click, "Undock" the gauge and drag it to the other monitor. But there is certain criteria that needs to be met, such as engines off and parking brake set. also on page 165 of the manual is the loadout mgr section that tells about a cheat switch to allow you to use it even if the engines are running.

The aircraft is set up to load running or off depending on the last aircraft or your sim's preference, so there is no need for a quick start switch. you can also switch planes in mid flight and it will be running, just need to turn on the MPDs and re load your ordinance.

I hope you have many hours of enjoyment, and we added some very cool stuff in there that I hope you will like.
    I can't find this cheat switch in the cickpit. The manual says .The Armament Safety Override switch is located next to the cockpit wall on the left console beside the pilot seat and defaults to the off position.

I don't see any such name on a switch.

Hi XLR8,

It's the lonely little switch way over the furtherest switch away from you on the left console towards the back, next to the side wall.
    It's a not marked.

-Tim

Quote Originally Posted by timghetta View Post
    Hi XLR8,

It's the lonely little switch way over the furtherest switch away from you on the left console towards the back, next to the side wall.
    It's a not marked.

-Tim
    Thanks and that was the one switch I didn't try. All I have to do now is get the dang thing started without it catching on fire.

Bought it today. Was a bit pricey, but I won't have to hear about that until my wife looks at the bank statement. LOL

Beautiful aircraft though. And as far as I've been able to tool around with it, the flight model seems like an excellent representation of the Strike Eagle. Except for the engine fires. That's issue #1 for me. I'm hoping I'm doing something wrong, but any more than 30 seconds of AB seems to result in overheat/engine fires. What am I doing wrong? Ritz (F-15E Demo pilot 2009/2010) flew his entire 15 minute demo in burner except for literally a few seconds here and there in MIL and I never saw him catch fire.

The other issue. My frames are all over the place. Just as an example, I get 30 frames out of the VRS Superbug. Here I'm oscillating constantly (and rapidly) between 10 and 30. A little irritating.

Great job on this machine though. It's beautiful and flies great. (Now, if only I could get to the bottom of these two issues) but admittedly, I've read no documentation yet.

EDIT: Apparently it's only overheating the engines at low altitudes and airspeeds in the 250-400 kt range. (Airshow range). At altitude and high speed, no overheating or fires.

Here's a quick video I made today right after installing... enjoying the awesome flight model tearing out of March ARB.

http://youtu.be/14sHWSPb4aM?hd=1

Watch in 1080!

Thanks Airattack,

Awesome video I love the camera effect. I also appreciate the kind words, and hope the wife doesn't get upset.
    We went off the TO's information on the engine overheat, and they will overheat at 960C, as long as you keep it below that temp you should be fine. Now the 'AB BURN THRU' issue will take longer to overheat, and it will be included in the upcoming Service pack. We also have a few other fixes coming as well. Some visual changes with the model, and including even tweaking the AB to look better for the 220 engine in dx9. We will also add more radar modes/functionality, and as soon as 'Tac Pack' is released we start integrating that into the Aircraft as well so the F-15E can fly with other aircraft in true multiple war theaters.

As for the fluctuation with the FPS I honestly could not answer that. The aircraft is very complex with all of the systems. There is over 400+ buttons, switches, knobs, including 7 independent MPDs, not to mention all of the visibilities of the warnings, lights, and HUD all displaying as a ballet in a really complex and detailed model. We tried to optimize the MDL as much as we could for the size, and how it's packed full of functionality, it was a miracle we could even stuff that much into it. We wanted to make sure the F-15E will look as good as it does today even a few years later when aircraft get even more complicated from the developers and computers get faster.

If you have any problems or questions we can give you support here at our forum, offer repaints, and soon to come more extras to the project will be added there as well.
    IRIS Platinum Series F-15E Mudhen Driver - Forum

So if you need me I'll be there ready to help,
    -Tim

Thanks Tim... she said "what the heck airplane did you buy that was $50?"

LOL, I was surprised she let it go within a minute!

Still having a blast with the Mudhen. Here's another video:

Riverside to LA in 7 minutes. Strike Eagle fun.
    http://youtu.be/AUIQS6tW2bA?hd=1

Finally got me one of these Tim and it doesnt dissapoint... the fact it was reduced at Flightsim.coms shop spurred me on. Still wish you'd chosen to do a C model though

KR Matt

Quote Originally Posted by MDIvey View Post
    Finally got me one of these Tim and it doesnt dissapoint... the fact it was reduced at Flightsim.coms shop spurred me on. Still wish you'd chosen to do a C model though

KR Matt
    Thank you Matt,

That really means a lot to me, and I am glad you are enjoying it, Iris and I will be supporting it for long time to come. When Tac Pack comes out we continue more upgrades. I would how ever check on our Facebook pages or even in the Iris F-15E support forum, We will announce a small upgrade to the aircraft with very realistic flight dynamics that have been proven to be as close as you can get to the real thing. There are some slight modifications to the Exterior and Interior model along with something for lower end PCs to get even better performance in the Cockpit. It should be soon, and I will even try to post here. Again thank you for your kind words and have a wonderful Easter.

Tim,

Thanks Tim for letting me know about the forthcoming update...I'll look out for it although I havent noticed anything about it I dont like so its hard to believe it needs it.

KR Matt

Quote Originally Posted by MDIvey View Post

KR Matt
    Milviz is soon to be releasing their C model.......
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Thanks... am keeping my eyes peeled for that

KR Matt

Load Mnanger screen not working.

I hope I am in the right area for this. I downloaded this product from PC Aviator's Instant Download Store and I am generally impressed. But I am having trouble with the Load Manager Screen. I got it to work just once but have not been able to get to work since. All that happens now is that for a second- a white line around the borders appears and then disappears. I have unistalled and reinstalled, rebooted and ran FSX but screen still does work. Any idea's how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by benji53 View Post
    I hope I am in the right area for this. I downloaded this product from PC Aviator's Instant Download Store and I am generally impressed. But I am having trouble with the Load Manager Screen. I got it to work just once but have not been able to get to work since. All that happens now is that for a second- a white line around the borders appears and then disappears. I have unistalled and reinstalled, rebooted and ran FSX but screen still does work. Any idea's how to fix this? Thanks in advance.
    Hello
    I think you will get a prompt response if you post this on the F-15E Facebook page
    Just type

FSX F-15 Development

in the search bar.
    I have had great service from there.
    paul

Keyboard reference

Quote Originally Posted by Smudge View Post
    Hi all,

Available from:
    The Flight Sim Store: http://x.co/i15fss
    Simmarket: http://x.co/i15smf
    & FSPilotshop.com will be announced when we have the links.

Thanks for stopping by! Please place all of your support requests here for the F15E. Reviews are also accepted ;-)

We have an official support forum which we have opened: http://x.co/i15ozx we will endeavour to read here as much as we can, however most questions will be asked and answered on there and our facebook page http://x.co/ifsifb

As per our notice on Facebook, we have released the IRIS - Platinum Series F-15E Mudhen Driver [FSX] under our newly created brand of IRIS Development Studios. Here is a copy of our release notice:

In the meantime, please let us know how you feel about our new plane!

Enjoy!
    Hey, any chance of getting a COMPLETE list of keyboard commands--that are used in F-15E Mudhen Driver? (No "tutorial" videos, please! They don't help--at all!)

Quote Originally Posted by robertd903 View Post
    Hey, any chance of getting a COMPLETE list of keyboard commands--that are used in F-15E Mudhen Driver? (No "tutorial" videos, please! They don't help--at all!)
    I just scanned the manual and there is not even a partial list of keyboard commands. The original thread title (now over five years old) may be misleading.
    There are no [Official] support threads here at SOH. At least not that I'm aware of. I'd suggest visiting the publisher Iris Simulations at http://www.irissimulations.com.au/.
    I think that's still their current website. The F-15E is no longer sold of course but they may still support it.

IRIS F 15 E refuelling issue

Hi everybody,

I've just reloaded, after a lot of time, my Mudhen Driver and I've noticed that the load manager works fine but I've have an issue with the refuelling.
    I've just fuel in internal/wings tanks but nothing in CFTs or external ones and nothing happens when I try fo fill them.

Does anybody know how to fix this problem?

Thanks a lot lucame