Shepard AFB progress

Thread: Shepard AFB progress

Shepard AFB progress

Here's a few shots of Sheppard WIP.

Thanks, Ztimbre. I almost forgot about Wichita Falls Municipal...it's down at the south end of the runways.

Attachment 53829

Nice as always Jim! I was at the Airshow there in October and it's looking faithful to the real thing! I got to take some photos from the top of the control tower while I was there. I was thinking of designing this base in the future but thankfully you've got it covered! I'm still working on my Ft. Worth Alliance (KAFW) scenery which is going to take a few more months probably and then my next plan is to look at doing NAS Ft Worth. I don't have much spare time so there is no guarantee I'll be able to finish either of these but that is what I would like to do. May you'll cover NAS Ft Worth before I ever get there! Lol! Anyway outstanding work as usual!

Brandon Thetford

a home for the white rocket... looking awesome!

:ernae:

Thanks, guys. I went to the same airshow, Brandon. I developed the textures from all the pictures I took while I was there.

Jim

Superb work as always Jim. I've spent a fair amount of time over at Sheppard both from the employee side while there to "de-mil" about 6 F-16's for the Tech School folks and as a parent to see my son graduate from Tech School and your details and building placements are spot on. Thanks for taking this on.:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but your project reminded me of the work I did on Sheppard a few years ago. It was for another simulator, and I never got around to finishing it, but the groundwork was laid:

Looks to be spot on. What sim was it for?

Hi Jim,

It was for Fighter Ops, but I left the team a few years ago. It's built the same way I build FS sceneries though, just need to be run through MakeMDL and .asm tweaked. If only I had the time...

Roger that. Welcome to SOH btw. Glad to see some more design expertise hanging around.

Members who have read this thread: 0