Roy Chaffin's B-25 Mitchell

Thread: Roy Chaffin's B-25 Mitchell

Roy Chaffin's B-25 Mitchell

After looking at the many exemples of the B-25 on the Screenshots thread page 52, I decided to install it again and downloaded a new copy from one of the author's site ( http://www.roychaffin.com/rcs-panels.html ). I chose this one because this version has been made specifically for FSX (although a portover, still) and I remembered enjoying it from my FS9 days...

I was pleasantly surprised to find that there were now three skins to compliment this beautiful rendition of the Mitchell.

I'm now wondering if there are any other repaints that have been made for it (and where ?) and if someone has ever made a paintkit for it ?

Thank you,

Fleurdelys

bit of a sad story, this bird and repaints.
    There is no paintkit, and the textures are laid out in such a way that repainting it becomes a real pain in the ***
    I tried it once, just to see if it could be done, and because I thought it was the only FSX-native B-25 (but turns out it isn't), and the answer was "yes, it can be done":

....only to be shot down by Roy Chaffin himself, who doesn't allow repaints. Seriously. Well, OK, but only under certain conditions, conditions I was not willing to accept.
    So, only these two have ever been made as far as I know, and they are not publicly available, in order not to upset poor Roy...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    bit of a sad story, this bird and repaints.
    There is no paintkit, and the textures are laid out in such a way that repainting it becomes a real pain in the ***
    I tried it once, just to see if it could be done, and because I thought it was the only FSX-native B-25 (but turns out it isn't), and the answer was "yes, it can be done":

....only to be shot down by Roy Chaffin himself, who doesn't allow repaints. Seriously. Well, OK, but only under certain conditions, conditions I was not willing to accept.
    So, only these two have ever been made as far as I know, and they are not publicly available, in order not to upset poor Roy...
    Thanks Jankees for the answer...

This would have been a beauty to dress up, I guess, even if not as easy to repaint as with other paintkits that are available. I guess we have to live up to the author's wishes and enjoy what we do have...

Best regards,

Fleurdelys

The texture lay-out is extremely difficult. Every part of the model has several textures and most of them are all in a difficult scale. As JanKees showed, it is possible to make an all metal version. But more complex camouflage schemes are hardly possible.

Its a pity as it is definitely a nice model!

Cheers,
    Huub

Enjoy flying this one - good hand flyer - but cannot figure out why in AP (either in HD or NAV) why she won't fly with her wings level or what to do to correct this idiosyncracy . .
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.