I recommend IOBT Game Booster-Defrags FSX as well

Thread: I recommend IOBT Game Booster-Defrags FSX as well

I recommend IOBT Game Booster-Defrags FSX as well

I have been using their products for quite some time
    I was having long load times starting FSX, selecting aircraft took for ever and loading a flight was just as long
    I selected defrag FSX today(part of Game Booster) and it ran for 30 minutes and it completey defraged FSX
    • My load time starting FSX is 30 % faster
    • Selecting aircraft is 50% faster
    • And loading a flight is almost 20% faster
    And to boot, Game Booster is FREE!

Give it a try-you will like it

Rick

http://iobit.com/gamebooster.html

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Charter Member 2016
    Gee, thanks! This is what I've been looking for for ages! Much better in my first few tries than even the illustrious AlaricityPc!
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

Be carefull. I set it to boost for a game and then had it revert, well it reverted to all windows services and when I went to shut down windows tried to download 80 updates. I always shut all that stuff off so now I have to go back and turn them all off again.

Sorry you had a problem
    I have been using game booster for 2 years a never a problem

I will be careful
    Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

I use Game Booster as well as their Advanced System Care and both do a super job.

They're certainly not free, but the REAL booster for FSX is an SSD drive. It's mind-boggling how much faster it loads.

Maybe it's the free version

I don't know but I had the free version and not only the defrag feature but the feature that shuts down backround programs messed up my install of FS9. I lost textures ,sounds, and had to delete the FS9 config file to get things back, then of course I had to redo all my settings.
    I downloaded it twice and both times had problems, the feature thats called turboboost really messed things up the worst. I uninstalled Game Booster and went back to using msconfig
    As I understand it if you have a fast computer ,like a quad core you don't have to shut down backround programs.
    Unfortunatly my computer is ten years old and I have to shut down backround programs or I lose textures.
    I had high hopes for Game Booster but won't use it again.
    Like I said maybe it's because it was the free version.I'am not knocking the people who have had good results with it, just putting in my two cents on how it worked (or didn't work) for me.

Using Iobit Gamebooster 3 here for over 6 months now and have not had any problems, it's a great addon for FSX users.

I also use their Advanced System Care Pro and Iobit Smart defrag.

I agree this is an awesome tool with alot of features I use a registered version and it increases FSX performance alot!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Members who have read this thread: 0