Jumped ship, Hooked on Star Trek Online.

Thread: Jumped ship, Hooked on Star Trek Online.

Jumped ship, Hooked on Star Trek Online.

With STO, you not only fly the stars, you go on away missions. It's going to be free to play January 17th. Naturally, I bought a lifetime membership about a year ago- LOL. You can play as a member of many races, upgrade ships and away mission equipment, train and promote your crew.As you accumulate experience, you get promoted too.
    Right now I have two persona, a Human Federation Admiral. and a Klingon Commander, soon to be a Captain; probably tomorrow night. LOL obviously, I've been playing the Federation character longer.
    I'm thoroughly addicted.
    Sue

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Thanks for the heads up Sue.

Ickie plays EVE online and is addicted to that. The online games seem to really be where its at. Someday I am going to check it out.

<--- just watched Star Trek again tonight, the latest movie. Loved it...
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

I started out on PC games with Star Trek titles and beta tested Klingon Academy. Then I found CFS 1 and our predecessor website Combat Flight Center. Things went downhill from there :d.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

I got Star Trek Online from a close friend as a gift, but haven't played it yet. When I got it I didn't have a powerful enough computer to play it, and now that I have a newer rig I haven't had time with everything else that's been going on in my little life, so it's still staring at me from one of my (many) bookshevles.

I enjoyed the reboot as well, the only thing I really din't like about it was something Panther also pointed out...

[SPOILER ALERT FOR ANYONE WHO HASN'T SEEN THE MOVIE]

...I didn't buy Kirk jumping right from midshipman to full Captain. Sure, he'd saved the Earth, but as Rosa Kleb said in From Russia With Love, nothing beats experience. It was an easy fix, too. They could have had Kirk going off to Starfleet Advanced Tactical Training or some other cue that his career was being fast-tracked, then transitioning to the final scene with the title "4 years later" on the screen - the time fram Pike had already laid out earlier in the movie, and then Kirk taking command of the Enterprise. Anyway, rant over.

Now that I'm hearing how addictive this game is to flight simmers, it will probably stay on my shelf until after the Holidays.

JAMES
    "Deserve's got nothing to do with it."

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)