How do you fly

Thread: How do you fly

Hybrid View

How do you fly

After reading OBIO's post about the VC, in Newshawks, I was wondering how each of us fly an aircraft. That is from the VC, 2D, or outside view?
    I remember back in the old FS9 days, reading posts in many forums, that an aircraft "has to have a VC or I do not fly." I started flying, in FS9, with the minipanel, and got use to the VC.
    Now, I am reading that some people fly mainly in outside view.

I mainly fly in the VC. I will go to outside view to look at the scenery, but all flying is in the cockpit. How bout you?

VC primarily, 2D if I need it to push buttons i.e. Concorde X and spot to occasionally oogle the pretty aeroplanes :-D
    Live to fly, fly to live. Do or die, ACES HIGH!

CPL(A), Single Pilot Multi-Engine Instrument Rating, tail-wheel, aerobatic, formation
    Category A Flight Instructor with night, aerobatics, spinning, terrain awareness and basic mountain flying endorsements
    General Aviation Flight Examiner
    Chief Flying Instructor for Auckland Aero Club

I fly mainly in the VC (95% of the time), but make the occasional trip outside to see the scenery.

Exclusively VC. If a new release has no VC, I bypass it. I admit that back in the Pro-Pilot and Flight Unlimited days I actually found it easier to fly from the external. Age and wisdom have made me realize that as yet I have not watched a single airplane land where I saw the pilot strapped to the outside of the airplane clutching a joystick.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Exclusively VC. If a new release has no VC, I bypass it. I admit that back in the Pro-Pilot and Flight Unlimited days I actually found it easier to fly from the external. Age and wisdom have made me realize that as yet I have not watched a single airplane land where I saw the pilot strapped to the outside of the airplane clutching a joystick.
    Well, okay, true.
    But you certainly can do maintenance from the outside while in flight...

VC man myself, the more detailed the better in my book.
    Has to have a great VC as I will be spending most of my sim time in the "office".

My custom, built to suit me, Minipanel view. Low and slow or choppers most of the time, so I like to see the ground around me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dain Arns View Post
    Well, okay, true.

Has to have a great VC as I will be spending most of my sim time in the "office".
    Wouldnt want to loose a spanner (wench) or any angine parts in that situation!!!

VC for me, FS9 i was 2D panel man but FSX somehow forced my change but i found it much better in FSX to fly from VC than FS9... Especially now i have TrackIR and 3D monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Dain Arns View Post
    Well, okay, true.

I've tried it like this, but it's more comfortable sitting on the wing!! For takeoff, landing, and course corrections, it's VC; but I do spend
    a lot of time outside the cockpit while in flight. The VC is fun especially if you're going through mountains.
    Good pic, Dain!

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Fsx is vc flying only for me because of the quality. I used to fly using outside view in the older sims and it seemed to be the easiest way to land the aircraft for me. If I try that with fsx I will crash and burn.

Members who have read this thread: 0