Messerschmitt 108 Taifun SP 1 Released - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Messerschmitt 108 Taifun SP 1 Released

Thanks much, fleurdelys.
    I see they are online, will install ASAP.

Cheers!
    Mathias

Charter Member 2015
    Many thanks Mathias for the upgrade. It's a great airplane !

Any news for the Stuka and the Me 110 ?

Dany, the Stuka is the current project, shouldn't be too far away now.
    The 110 is next, no ETA.
    Mathias

Fleurdelys, first of all, thank you for the lovely repaints. However I noticed they are in 1024 x1024 format, due to which the a lot is details are lost. I was wondering, can you make the textures available in 2048 x 2048 or even 4096 x4096 as well?

A small side note. It of course a matter of taste, but the rivets are "quite present". However when you look at pictures of the real thing you will notice you hardly see any rivets. The first thing with struck me when I saw a real Messerschmitt (in my case a Bf109), was the quality of the (flush)rivetting. Therefore when I do a repaint panel lines and rivets are normaly below well 20% visible (transparency).

Huub

Now we have a wonderful aircraft and a lot of great repaints. This is a very old plane, but it looks like a "freshly shelled egg" (brand new)
    Isn't it possible to paint VC and outside textures with traces of use?
    That would be the icing on the cake.
    (unfortunately I'm not a repainter)

Dieter
    Greetings
    Dieter
    Win10 Pro 64 bit - RAM 16GB -1 SSD 1TB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 HD 1TB/Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,2 GHz - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - MSFS

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Fleurdelys, first of all, thank you for the lovely repaints. However I noticed they are in 1024 x1024 format, due to which the a lot is details are lost. I was wondering, can you make the textures available in 2048 x 2048 or even 4096 x4096 as well?

A small side note. It of course a matter of taste, but the rivets are "quite present". However when you look at pictures of the real thing you will notice you hardly see any rivets. The first thing with struck me when I saw a real Messerschmitt (in my case a Bf109), was the quality of the (flush)rivetting. Therefor when I do a repaint panel lines and rivets are normaly below well 20% visible (transparency).

Huub
    Thank you Hubb for your nice and constructive comments. I'll see what can be done for the higher resolution textures. As for the riveting, I must admit that I'm generally heavy handed as far as weathering is concerned but the point is well taken and I will also look into it.
    The reason for the 1024 format is that my PC will not respond well with higher resolution textures. I usually also remove mips but didn't do it this time around...

Edit: Hi Huub,
    After trying to open the original file which took the best part of 2 minutes, I remembered why I had opted for reduced size textures...
    So, I would like to edit the above to " I'll see what can be done for the higher resolution next time..."

Cheers,

Fleurdelys

Thanks for your answer Fleurdelys. I understand your problems. I one tried to make 4096x4096 textures on my old PC. My hunger for detail wasn't that strong so my impatience won in the end ....

Cheers,
    Huub

Hi Fleurdelys,

you can reduce the overhead of the 1_t.psd file somewhat by doing the following:

Adjust the transparency of all layers beginning at "Details" up to "Walkways border" to your liking,13 layers all in all. Next collapse those 13 layers to a single one (leave the "Ambient Occlusion" and "Base Color" layers untouched).
    You can also delete some of the layers you don't necessarly need such as the wireframe or the splinter camo template.
    This way you can get the file size down from 128MB to some odd 70MB what might help with loading times and performance.
    Mathias

Members who have read this thread: 1