Knuckel Head

Thread: Knuckel Head

Knuckel Head

How long has CFS-2 been out , 12 years or so ,, You,d think I would have stumbled on something so simple that it defys the imagination ,,
    That wee little statement that prompts can,t start ,,Check engine ,,
    To begin with I was playing with (Mopar) Mikey,s Mape fuel switches,, and redoing my player aircraft ,, using the jwb Tank selector and dump gauge to verify selectability and proper gal,s ,, My CFO refuel 100 percent gauge ,, fills all aux tanks ,
    on the ground or above 12,000 feet just fine ,, Just not the main tank ,, there in lies the delima ,, all aux tanks are full but on the ground ,, you can,t restart the plane ,,Because the starter button switches the tank selector bac to main tank ,, that,s still empty ,, Like the dog chasin it,s tail ,, RFTTFM !@#$
    I know all you FS simmers are sitting back laughin at me now ,, probably woundering what took me so long ,,, But I aint never seen anyone post about
    the watchmacallit from FS sims let alone it being intagrated in something called a Combat sim that,s 12 years old , What am I babbling about ,, the freaking Electric
    fuel pump that moves fuel from Center 2 to main fuel tank that allows you to restart the friggen plane ,, --- Fact is you can move it bac in forth and trim the plane to
    your hearts content ,,, Just assign the key board to use em ,
    I want a show of hands ,, how many knew this already ,,,

Cessna 180 carb heat slow,s the sound and power output drops ,,
    assigned to the H key ,, but the Corsair Carb heat light does not correlate to that ,, perhaps reads from a temp gauge ,, ??

Prop spinning on air port entry -- CFS-1 air file section 509 -- unit 2--
    change---- torque=0

Can,t feather the prop to belly in a damaged air craft
    section 510 -- Min Prop speed =400 rpm

SOH-CM-2013
    Madison County, Iowa (3rd Corn Patch On The Left)

HAMMER Head, NOT Knuckle !!!

Sarge, it's these little gems that keep me stuck in our throwback Sim !

I'm constantly finding / re-discovering stuff I either never knew or completely forgot.

Good to know it Ain't Just Me !
    :salute:

SC
    "...And, When I died, They washed me out of the turret with a hose..."

Sarg,

Nice post – interesting prose style.

To the thread my aging brain can still, remarkably, light a bulb now and then. Last night I had one. For gauges touch ups (no painter here) I use GIMP. In an ideal world they probably should be just 8 bit resolution. So being the good little coder that is what I have been doing (minimum foot print – no wasted clock cycles). The problem is that to convert them with GIMP just before the save is a royal pain. Now here’s the light bulb (dim candle?). With modern computers memory (RAM) is vast and HD space is unfathomable. So why am I working so had to save a few hundred bytes? Well yea – because I’m an idiot!

Per your post I checked the SDK and of course such a fuel selector can be done (all mousable). One of the down sides of the way MS exposed them is that they are terribly "hard-coded" (not versatile). The up side is that they are very fast (did I just complement MS?).

AC

Members who have read this thread: 0