SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer
Page 1 of 119 1234567891151101 ... LastLast

Thread: SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer

SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer

We have discussed this for a while and having completed much of the data collection with your help, I will attempt to get the FS9 project started.

More earlier discussion here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...-Trader-anyone

In the earlier thread, many have helped with data collection and manuals. Some have volunteered for specific functions. Thanks to everyone for all the efforts to-date.

I will focus on the exterior models for now. Gmax source will be available at completion.
    ROBCAP may do the interior model but still open to question.
    Euroastar350 has volunteered for the native FSX conversion.
    Nigel has volunteered sounds.
    PRB has volunteered for panel work. Check Coles Specials and Big W Catalogue.
    Smoothie has volunteered for textures.
    Flight model is open: Fliger? Would like an experienced FM designer here.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

I will volunteer to fly it ! Seriously though Milton, I think this next undertaking will be appreciated by many members in the Flight Simming community, myself included ...

Mike :ernae:

SOH-CM-2020

Pete.

I will attempt to get the FS9 project started.
    What fine news in the quiet of summer! Another star to come out of the M Shupe & Team "Ironworks."
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Outstanding, will be keeping an eye on this one as it develops.

Craig
    "Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee"

Great news..., Great plane...
    Can't wait to follow this development from scratch with all the WIP shot's, FDE fiddles, cockpit layouts and so on!
    If it turns out to be anywhere as good as the latest SOH projects,(no doubt), then we are in for a treat!

OMG!!! With all the stuff I'm waiting for, I'm not sure I can drum up enough saliva to continue drooling. Y'all are making me dehydrated.

Awesome project! Really looking forward to it!
    Matt

This is GREAT NEWS, I'm sure the finished product will be a real gem!

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

I'm late as usual like the bunny in Alice in Wonderland but if somebody wants help painting airframes or gauges...

I volunteer

Saludos

I sure am happy someone is making a good Trader model. I really look forward to comparing this project with the reworked FM I did for another members trader (converted tracker) recently.
    "May fortune favor the foolish"
    MaddogK

Well, thanks for your interest everyone.

Just starting with the fuselage for the E-1B. Getting the basic fuselage shape will likely take me a week or so, so there will be some time before I get back to you.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Milton:

Count me in, your projects are always the most fun!

Amazingly a guy here in Fairbanks has an S2, used to be at the international here but last I saw it it was sitting with it's wings folded at his private strip on a ridge out of town.

Cheers: Tom

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grumman Trader/Tracker sounds

:salute: It is a great honour being part of a Milton Shupe project from its outset. I will endeavour to compliment this aircraft with the sound quality so justly deserved by any of MS's subjects.

It would be of great assistance if anyone here has video/audio material or access to a working aircraft. You would indeed be making a most valuable contribution to the project, so I'm all ears as they say.

Milton, do you envisage the turboprop version also?
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by fliger747 View Post
    Milton:

Count me in, your projects are always the most fun!

Amazingly a guy here in Fairbanks has an S2, used to be at the international here but last I saw it it was sitting with it's wings folded at his private strip on a ridge out of town.

Cheers: Tom
    Thank you Tom; your expertise is always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post
    :salute: It is a great honour being part of a Milton Shupe project from its outset. I will endeavour to compliment this aircraft with the sound quality so justly deserved by any of MS's subjects.

It would be of great assistance if anyone here has video/audio material or access to a working aircraft. You would indeed be making a most valuable contribution to the project, so I'm all ears as they say.

Milton, do you envisage the turboprop version also?
    Thank you Nigel. I will keep my eyes and ears open and send whatever I find.

I see no reason why a turboprop version can't be done. The engine nacelles, panel and gauges, sounds, and flight model are the big differences, and quite significant.

Personally, I can only commit to the initial efforts, the E-1B and the C-1A. I will try to do the S2F changes as well but may have to pass on the gmax source for that and the T-Prop versions.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hey Guys! yes i'm back from Greece and already downloading everything i can find that may be of use texturing... standing by for when needed! :salute:

:salute:

Feeling quite useless. I shall just stand on the sideline and wave a flag occasionally.
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
    Hey Guys! yes i'm back from Greece and already downloading everything i can find that may be of use texturing... standing by for when needed! :salute:
    Thanks Matt; you will have plenty time for data collection. I appreciate your help and I am certain that others will look forward to your paint kit guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG43 View Post
    :salute:

Feeling quite useless. I shall just stand on the sideline and wave a flag occasionally.
    Without fans and "customers", there would be less need to do this project. We appreciate and need your interest and support.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

If there is anything I can do just yell.

Jamie

i know ya not thinking airtankers....but i allways am...LOL

Having rode in one years ago, I'm looking forward to the C-1 Trader and have a repaint of my own in mind for the one I rode in.

Found a pic of it. USS Lexington's COD C-1 from 1976.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Charter Member 2011
    Great to see the birth of another good one.
    Nothing more than a "customer" but I'd be happy to help find bugs.

Air Tankers..... Radial and Turboprop..... but... I would take the E-1 Over them lol! So i can wait for the 2.
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    i know ya not thinking airtankers....but i allways am...LOL
    The guys over at 'Restauravia' have already done a turbo-firecat

http://restauravia.com/page10.html

I'm waiting for decent one with round engines!

ttfn

Pete

This would certainly be an interesting addition to the FS fleet of aircraft. I remember seeing these in USN service back in the 70's and 80's. Now the remaining ones are in fire fighting service and some are on the warbird circuit.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I'm afraid all I can offer is my enthusiasm and excitement for such a great project and aircraft.
    I love the sound of the Stoof.Looking forward to making some noise!