Macchi MC.202 "Folgore" now released!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Macchi MC.202 "Folgore" now released!

Icon5 Macchi MC.202 "Folgore" now released!

Hi Friends,
    I'm still finishing the new textures for the external model, how You can see in the screens the classic mid/late production Macchi's "smokerings" camouflage scheme is veeeery complicate.......
    The external model is almost finished, it still needs some adjustments.....
    I think I'll begin the VC after the summer holydays......

:salute::salute::salute::salute:

Beautiful!!!!

voyager

B E A U T I F U L !!!

The Italians really designed some beautiful planes during World War 2, and this is one of them. The screen shots look fantastic. Can't wait to get in the cockpit of this one...

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano
    WOW!!!

Would it be too much hoping in a C.200 and a C.205 after this beauty?.......

Cheers!
    KH
    :ernae:
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Poetry in motion.
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

Please, don't forget...

a MC 205N Orione!

Complimenti Manuele, speriamo che questo nuovo capolavoro sia facilmente convertibile in CFS2.

Icon5

Quote Originally Posted by kelticheart View Post
    WOW!!!

Would it be too much hoping in a C.200 and a C.205 after this beauty?.......

Cheers!
    KH
    Hi Keltik,
    Yes, a '205 will follow the '202 release (I hope I'll finish before 11/30).
    I have also the Pietro Zazzetta's '200 CFS source file, but it needs a lot of work and I don't think I'll start before mid 2012.......

Quote Originally Posted by peperez View Post
    a MC 205N Orione!
    Hi Pepe,
    Sorry, but I don't think I'll make the ORIONE, only one was built and the conversion is too difficult (the '205N had different wings, fuselage and other details)......

What a beauiful airplane!! Can´t wait to get it!

Quote Originally Posted by mvg3d View Post
    Hi Pepe,
    Sorry, but I don't think I'll make the ORIONE, only one was built and the conversion is too difficult (the '205N had different wings, fuselage and other details)......
    In true, more than one was built. The N1 had four Breda Safat 12.7mm around the cowling complementing a 20mm cannon firing from the engining axle and the N2 had three 20mm and two Breda Safat over the cowling. It was suposed to be the DEFINITIVE MC 205 version. To be truthfull, the MC 205 had a mediocre high altitude performance (was a fantastic low and medium altitude fighter).

I think the MC 205N deserves a place at simulation world. I already did a correct airfile for it and its performance is a lot superior to MC 205V one excepting speed. It was slower.

Cheers

Pepe

By the way...

Could you generate a CFS 2 or FS 2002 version of your fantastic CR 42? It's the only one, including paywares, with correct forms.

Cheers

Pepe

Very, very nice work there

only during?

Quote Originally Posted by wbuchart View Post
    The Italians really designed some beautiful planes during World War 2, and this is one of them. The screen shots look fantastic. Can't wait to get in the cockpit of this one...
    Looking at the architecture, clothing, machines such as airplanes, cars etc, we see that the Italians have good taste, design and incredible communion with the machine. I admire the Italians for this, I'm not Italian or of Italian descent.

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano
    Quote Originally Posted by mvg3d View Post
    Hi Keltik,
    Yes, a '205 will follow the '202 release (I hope I'll finish before 11/30).
    I have also the Pietro Zazzetta's '200 CFS source file, but it needs a lot of work and I don't think I'll start before mid 2012.......
    Manuele,

this is great news indeed! Thank you very much! Yours will be the only MC.200 available, together with the very old IS4G's model and the FS9 model by K. Ito. Quite a neglected bird!

Besides, I'll second Pepe's comments about your CR.42, which, for some unfortunate reason, does not convert very well to CFS2.

Cheers!
    Stefano
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Quote Originally Posted by kelticheart View Post
    Manuele,

this is great news indeed! Thank you very much! Yours will be the only MC.200 available, together with the very old IS4G's model and the FS9 model by K. Ito. Quite a neglected bird!

Besides, I'll second Pepe's comments about your CR.42, which, for some unfortunate reason, does not convert very well to CFS2.

Cheers!
    Stefano

i have this converted from capt giovani quai

Hi Friends,
    These are some screenshots before the summer vacations......
    I just finished the external base textures and the first livery for a 7th series mid production aircraft (Major Andrea Favini, 153rd Gruppo Autonomo CT's commander, M.M.9083, based at Sciacca during September 1942)......
    The external model is almost finished, it needs only some retouches, I'll start with the VC when I'll back at office (September 12).

Nope, not only during.....

Quote Originally Posted by misson View Post
    Looking at the architecture, clothing, machines such as airplanes, cars etc, we see that the Italians have good taste, design and incredible communion with the machine. I admire the Italians for this, I'm not Italian or of Italian descent.

Misson, I agree. I did not mean to imply the Italians only made beautiful things during World War 2. They've made beautiful things before and after as well. I'd love to go there someday on a vacation.....

Beautiful looking birds. The Italians had a flair for designing pretty aircraft then, oddly enough in aircraft of that era the flair for design seems to have deserted the French, since recovered in the jet age of course (before I get flamed). Phew! cool recovery there. lol
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

The Italians had a flair for designing pretty aircraft then, oddly enough in aircraft of that era the flair for design seems to have deserted the French,
    Oh, I don't know....those 'tween the wars French planes had an odd sort of Gallic "charm"...

Bump.....

mvg3d,
    Absolutely stunning work!

I cannot wait to get in it myself! I could see a few MTO missions coming forth with that one flying around!

DD
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

Icon5

Hi Friends,
    I'm finishing the VC.......
    I just sent the BETA version to Stefano Meneghini for the gauges last check.
    I'm still waiting for the sounds from OBIO.

Members who have read this thread: 1