How Do I Get The DM Flight Sim DH106 Comet to Work In FSX?

Thread: How Do I Get The DM Flight Sim DH106 Comet to Work In FSX?

How Do I Get The DM Flight Sim DH106 Comet to Work In FSX?

How do I get the DM Flight Sim DH 106 to work in FSX? I did what the readme said to, but it won't show up in the FSX aircraft menu. Please help!!

Thank you,

Walter

Hi Walter,

This looks like quite a complicated little mod. for getting the DM Comet working in FSX... The DM notes for installing in FSX are fine, but they do presume a good knowledge of putting folders and files in the right location and editing .cfg's, .ini files etc.

Anyhow, I suspect your 'not displaying in the FSX menu' problem is either due to missing panel files or a problem with the panel.cfg itself.

Can I ask, have you downloaded the Comet Panel 'COMET_PANEL_20080323.zip' and unzipped / placed in your FSX/Airplanes folder? If not, then please try this.

Unlike FS9, FSX won't display aircraft in the select menu if there's a missing panel, panel config error, model config error etc.

Hope this helps :salute: Let us know how you get on.

Regards, Dave.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What I ended up doing was putting the readme fix on the original panel.cfg, then replacing it with the COMET_PANEL_20080323.zip then moving on. Little did I realize, I had forgotten to do the fix to the new panel file. Now its fixed.... THANK YOU!

Walter

What I do is a simple edit in the fsx.cfg file and create an appropriate directory in FSX.
    thus :-

[Main]
    DisablePreload=1
    FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.33
    HideMenuFullscreen=1
    HideMenuNormal=1
    Location=406,107,1446,885,\\.\DISPLAY1
    Maximized=1
    User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter
    SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
    SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
    SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
    SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
    SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
    SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
    SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\fs9 Aircraft
    SimObjectPaths.7=SimObjects\Ai_Other
    SimObjectPaths.8=SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft
    SimObjectPaths.9=SimObjects\Military_AI
    SimObjectPaths.10=SimObjects\Vintage_AI
    ProcSpeed=5970
    PerfBucket=7

I also create another directory, E:\FSX\Aircraft but don't put it in the cfg file. Then when I wish to install an FS2004 a/c I direct it at that folder. This means gauges, effects etc are all palce in the correct place. I then drag the new a/c file from there to SimObjects\fs9 Aircraft for testing purposes. If it is fine then it can be promoted to SimObjects\Airplanes or deleted. It sounds convoluted but it works for me.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What I ended up doing was putting the readme fix on the original panel.cfg, then replacing it with the COMET_PANEL_20080323.zip then moving on. Little did I realize, I had forgotten to do the fix to the new panel file. Now its fixed.... THANK YOU!

Walter
    No problem - glad you got sorted :salute:

I've been flying the Comet quite a bit recently, beautiful. Shame it's not an FSX bird, but it's as good as we're going to get in FSX.

There are two other good ones for FSX. One is from Just Flight, I think. It's payware. The other is from (I cant remember the full name) Jens. That one is free. I'm just trying to expand my free comet collection until I can grab the payware one.

<center>FSX DeHavilland DH 106 Comet 1 And 2
    </center> <center> [ Download | View ] </center>
    Name: comet_v20x.zip Size: 34,295,314 Date: 12-28-2010 Downloads: 1,944

This is the other one (1+2) at flightsim

Roland

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    There are two other good ones for FSX. One is from Just Flight, I think. It's payware. The other is from (I cant remember the full name) Jens. That one is free. I'm just trying to expand my free comet collection until I can grab the payware one.
    Oh why did you have to go and say that? Now you've incurred the wrath of the good people at CBFS. They get very defensive (and rightly so) of their free product.
    I jest, I jest, before anyone tries to flame me....
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Blog Entries
    Personally, I've been flying Dave Maltbys 106 in FSX since i first installed the program, and this new freeware is extremely well done. Between the two, i dont see any reason to purchase the payware one as they are both simply fantastic examples of the plane.. You really cant go wrong with them.. i just wish more VA's flew them..