FSX Screenshots Here!! - Page 408

Thread: FSX Screenshots Here!!

SOH-CM-2021
    How would anybody at CBFS know your mothers maiden name?

Mission to Mounts Bay

A quick trip around Mounts Bay.

Jetstream T-2 XX488 562, leaves RNAS Cludrose for an early morning 'instruments check' flight. She is welcomed by the 'old tiddy oggie'; coming up over the 'yard arm'! (That's the sun rises over the horizon, for those not in the know!); and returns, passing St. Michael's Mount.
    ChipShop
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016-12-28_15-31-17-303.jpg   2016-12-28_15-33-0-174.jpg   2016-12-28_15-36-29-532.jpg   2016-12-28_15-45-19-941.jpg  
    'If It Isn't Broken; Then Don't Try To Fix It!'

A 'not so' quick hop from Waddington to KEF..

No new flightsim purchases this Christmas (it's a first) so had to search around to find something I'd not flown in ages. I honestly didn't think this trip would take long but I never factored in winds aloft at well over 90kts. Can't remember if the model burns a bit heavy but it seemed to. Had to take on fuel twice!!
    ATB
    DaveB

Nice job with the 'N' plate there Monk1

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by 511Flyer View Post
    How would anybody at CBFS know your mothers maiden name?
    It would be one of many questions to choose from, like other sites use for the same purpose... to make sure you're not a 'bot'. You'd select the question from their roster and then type in an answer. That answer goes into their (CBFS) database as an identifier for you. So in effect, you're GIVING CBFS the answer to their question, like the RAF Bedford question.
    I reckon if you're a resident of Britain, and somewhat of a British aircraft authority, then you'd know what the registration number of the specific Vickers VC-10 that wore the RAF Bedford paint. I am not, (not out of ignorance but I have way too many planes in FS to try and keep up with everyone's history). Sorry, mate.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

SOH-CM-2021
    I'm a member here, and I registered just a user name and password. Did the same on about 10 more sites, FS related and others. The only site that asked for personal information, were Banks and Credit Card facilities.

I accept that there is sometimes a difficulty in knowing details about foreign aircraft and indeed locations. There is an old saying that the USA and the UK are nations divided by a common language. I've found that to be true when I've visited your country.

Still, we remain friends, and that's the main thing.

Nice job with the 'N' plate there Monk1
    Oh, yes please, I'll have one of those! This model is really terrific. Better than many payware. And an unfinished beta - sheesh!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

DaveB,

The white bomber reminded me of James Bond movie

Curious to know if those white bombers ever saw any military action????

Regards,

Aharon

Yeah, you're right...The movie was "Thunderball" (original name of a VERY famous Israeli military operation too, I might add). There was a Vulcan in that where the bad guys stole a nuclear weapon.

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    DaveB,

The white bomber reminded me of James Bond movie

Curious to know if those white bombers ever saw any military action????

Regards,

Aharon
    we wouldn't be here if they did, the scheme was called anti flash, same as the white hood and gloves used by navies, the anti flash schemes where singled out as nuke bombers

i believe the only anti flash vulcans ever to drop a nukes was during the blue steel trial in central australia

the regular schemes (conventional bombers) only saw combat service in the Falklands

Nail on the head Matt

The white scheme was in service but thankfully.. never used in anger. After the Russians built SAM's with range enough to hit it the V Bombers.. their operational roll changed (nuclear responsibility went to the RN) and they started picking up the camo upper scheme with variations below following (white lower/grey lower/camo lower). The Vulcan in 'Thunderball' was camo upper and white lower as I remember (not that I haven't seen it a dozen times)
    ATB
    DaveB

Rick has released these 2 Apollo paints for the Jetstream 200..

They're available on the original Jetstream release post at CBFS
    ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Nail on the head Matt

The white scheme was in service but thankfully.. never used in anger. After the Russians built SAM's with range enough to hit it the V Bombers.. their operational roll changed (nuclear responsibility went to the RN) and they started picking up the camo upper scheme with variations below following (white lower/grey lower/camo lower). The Vulcan in 'Thunderball' was camo upper and white lower as I remember (not that I haven't seen it a dozen times)
    ATB
    DaveB

http://www.divebuddy.com/divesite/13...rball-bahamas/

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Oh, yes please, I'll have one of those! This model is really terrific. Better than many payware. And an unfinished beta - sheesh!
    I'm not familiar with the upload process here but if you PM me an email addy I can get the textures to anyone that wants them.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Rick has released these 2 Apollo paints for the Jetstream 200..

They're available on the original Jetstream release post at CBFS
    ATB
    DaveB
    Wow he's quick... Was only perusing Airliners.net earlier for some likely suspects

Ttfn

Pete

Lighthouse Hattrick

G-DAAN's been busy; visiting SW Lighthouses. L-R Wolf Rock; Longships and Eddystone.
    Nemeth Designs EC135.
    ChipShop
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016-12-29_20-22-8-696.jpg   2016-12-29_20-33-26-535.jpg   2016-12-29_21-22-56-30.jpg   2016-12-29_21-23-22-361.jpg  
    'If It Isn't Broken; Then Don't Try To Fix It!'

A flight in a restored Messerschmitt around Camarillo, California.

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Spitfire around Camarillo. It's fun to have an ORBX regional scenery for a section of the world I've actually been to - from Camarillo, to Van Nuys, to Chino, Palm Springs, and as far south as Borrego Springs, it brings back a lot of memories.

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Jeansy and DaveB,

Thanks for explanations. Did not realize that was Vulcan!! Screenshot angles fooled me. I thought that was some other bomber called Vickers Valiant or Handley Page Victor.

LOL

I know that Vulcans had combat action in Falkland War.

Regards,

Aharon

Black Silence

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

That's cool Rick

ATB
    DaveB

Thanks DaveB!

John Terrell I can always tell when I'm looking at one of your screens. I generally view this forum on my phone and so names are usually hidden from view but itshe always a treat to this kinda I'm looking at one of your screens and then find that I'm correct in my assumption! You've got your own look for sure which most photographers are trying to find in real life...to be recognized! Great job!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Members who have read this thread: 287