hahahahaha..

It's the EE Lightning mate

ATB
    DaveB
    Thanks! That is one addon I never did buy. Maybe someday. NC

Still modern-looking...

Best regards, Manfred.

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    No, not joking; I just don't pay that much attention what everyone flies! So.....which aircraft? NC
    "I resent the implication that I'm a one-dimensional, bread-obsessed electrical appliance.
    Would anyone like any toast?"

Dave
    Last edited by dhazelgrove; February 16th, 2016 at 00:04.

Nice one Dave. Always liked the LTU scheme.. probably my favourite

ATB
    DaveB

Been there, seen that...

ATB
    DaveB

Still playing with this one. DaveB you have mail.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

F-100 predecessor..

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Cheers Joe. That version looks lighter here than it does in-sim for me Made sure she was side-on to the sun too. Bring back CRT's I say!!!
    ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by Butcherbird17 View Post

Joe
    Oh yes! Now we're talking!!
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Cheers Joe. That version looks lighter here than it does in-sim for me Made sure she was side-on to the sun too. Bring back CRT's I say!!!
    ATB
    DaveB
    Are you using the optional textures? The ones in the main CV16 folder are a darker blue (5N), in the optional folder are the ones
    for the pic above. If you want to just delete the darker blue files as I did not fix the waterline color for that set. Plus it just doesn't
    work for me, it looks way to dark. If you delete the fittings and hull texture files she will revert back to the measure 32 scheme.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD

Are you using the optional textures? The ones in the main CV16 folder are a darker blue (5N), in the optional folder are the ones
    for the pic above. If you want to just delete the darker blue files as I did not fix the waterline color for that set. Plus it just doesn't
    work for me, it looks way to dark. If you delete the fittings and hull texture files she will revert back to the measure 32 scheme.

Joe
    Hiy Joe

I looked at the originals first (the waterline is as your phot there) then the optional set which had a slightly lighter version of 5N plus it had a black waterline painted with red underside. That one has the black waterline a wee bit too high.. that or the model is sitting a few feet higher than it should be. There's a phot of it looking like that but she's new build and light in the water. I also found a couple of wartime shots (colour) but they're not big enough to make a fair judgement on the colour. 5N looks almost black!! A prefer the lighter version but if you're after historic accuracy.. it's gonna be a difficult one to call.
    ATB
    DaveB

Hiy Joe

I looked at the originals first (the waterline is as your phot there) then the optional set which had a slightly lighter version of 5N plus it had a black waterline painted with red underside. That one has the black waterline a wee bit too high.. that or the model is sitting a few feet higher than it should be. There's a phot of it looking like that but she's new build and light in the water. I also found a couple of wartime shots (colour) but they're not big enough to make a fair judgement on the colour. 5N looks almost black!! A prefer the lighter version but if you're after historic accuracy.. it's gonna be a difficult one to call.
    ATB
    DaveB
    Yeah I have them sitting at the default height in the sim.cfg zip I sent you. In mine i have it set to static_cg_height=-3.0, so she sit about right, just enough of the water line shows. (like pic) She does look better in the lighter color.

Not going for historical accuracy, just something close to how she may have looked. She might look better if the model had shadows enabled in the mdl.

Joe

Ok Joe

Check your emails re those bits you couldn't find on the map (fittings.dds)

ATB
    DaveB

Joe
    A new Lexington??

Yes!

Cees

ATB
    DaveB
    Very nice shots Dave; specially like the second one, almost like a photo!
    ChipShop

Very nice shots Dave; specially like the second one, almost like a photo!
    ChipShop
    Indeed mate and the fun thing is.. I took both shots

The Blue Ghost..

ATB
    DaveB:-)

Two more C-130s from the Lyneham stable.
    ChipShop
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016-2-15_19-47-25-392.jpg   2016-2-15_22-36-17-876.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by ChipShop View Post

Or this could be entitled; 'I'll get by with a little help from my friends!'
    RAF Lyneham in it's heyday!
    ChipShop
    That looks pretty epic! I moved to a little town 5 miles from Lyneham last year, unfortunately all I see now is the occasional A400M flying overhead.
    All modern aircraft have four dimensions: Length, Width, Height and Polotics. The TSR.2 simply got the first three right

Indeed mate and the fun thing is.. I took both shots

The Blue Ghost..
    Looks good in your pic's Dave. That's the look I was aiming for. It does look darker in your pics, and looks to
    be off the coast of England. My pic above is about 10 miles out of Midway and a lot brighter. So might be why
    it looks that way. Will need to do some evil doctor/scientist type mumbo jumbo to figure it out. ....off to my lab...
    p.s. Don't know why my bow spray will not show as I am using the fx model.

Cees,

It's not a new model, just some new clothes. Once I'm happy with the way it looks I will upload.

Joe

It does look darker in your pics, and looks to
    be off the coast of England
    Yes.. I'm always somewhere off the coast of England My startup flight is at Culdrose which puts me very close to the English Channel so I can enjoy the best of both worlds pronto Not sure why your bow fx isn't showing mate. I know you MUST have that fx file (fx_wake_bow_Zu). Open it up in MCX and check the attached effects (wake, bow, smoke are near the bottom). If all else fails.. I'll send my fx mdl.
    ATB
    DaveB

Nice one! With that grey sky, it has an almost photographic look.

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

-- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebar View Post
    That looks pretty epic! I moved to a little town 5 miles from Lyneham last year, unfortunately all I see now is the occasional A400M flying overhead.
    Yes Firebar,
    Certainly not the same since they moved to Brize!
    Another case of a change not being any improvement!
    You could write a list of bases that aren't the same without their ancestral aircraft:- Binbrook without its' Lightnings; St. Mawgan without Nimrod or Shackleton; Chivenor without its' Hunters or Hawks and Sea Kings......................

Thankfully WE can put things right via FSX!
    Ttfn,
    ChipShop

Members who have read this thread: 286