FSX Screenshots Here!! - Page 284

Thread: FSX Screenshots Here!!

FS9 Britten Norman...

...some of my repaints, lovely model !

Britten Norman in FSX...

my first and sole repaint at the time this was released !
    Love this aircraft!

I love the Islander repaints. Where are these available?

Repaint of Colin's USS Boxer in its later life as LPH-4 early 60's
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LHP43.jpg  

SSW F-4B WIP exterior shots _CAG Bird VF-51

Jetting around in the Sim Works Studios F-4B beta. Work in Progress, but promising! Very nice pure Navy Phantom!

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post

Jetting around in the Sim Works Studios F-4B beta. Work in Progress, but promising! Very nice pure Navy Phantom!
    Eric, you TEASE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    Eric, you TEASE!!!
    Yeah...a little bit. Because I am testing this beauty, I have not purchased the Milviz F-4 on purpose. As I did not want to compare the products as much as bug test the one here. She is a beauty and very very well done. In due course though I WILL have that F-4E / "J" in the hangar as well. FYI, the paint you see is not done by me. Thats one of the native / default ones.

Eric

The visual model looks nice.
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    The visual model looks nice.
    Not allowed to show the VC etc yet. Also nice though. I like this particular bird because it lends itself to painting some F-4C USAF birds outta her as well. The first 27 real life F-4's in the USAF were actually borrowed from the USN for testing.

Love the idea of a full naval model but for us guys on this side of the pond.. a B is no closer to an FG1/YF4K or FGR2/F4K than the E. In fact the J is closer. Any chance that SWS might throw some Spey's in the back? Appreciate they have to go where the sales are
    ATB
    DaveB

When the going gets tough..

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post

ATB
    DaveB
    BRILLIANT STUFF!!! Nice Fleet!!!

Cheers Eric

I started off with the intention of putting the whole TG together but stopped at 9 ships. I may put the lot together some day.. well, as many as there are models for
    ATB
    DaveB

Cheers Eric

I started off with the intention of putting the whole TG together but stopped at 9 ships. I may put the lot together some day.. well, as many as there are models for
    ATB
    DaveB
    I spent 12 years working for P&O Containers. I am a fan of the Red Ensign... alas there aint much left of it.

Shiny yet dirty...

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Got the last 4 of the Morton P-80s installed and going.

While I was busy with the Morton paints, I also used them to make up a set of plain bare metal textures as you can't have too many Lockheeds in the hanger. So, I've got some more coming that use Morton's basic textures but with new nose art and squadron markings. Then it's on to Piglet's T-33.

So many Lockheeds, so little time.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FT 467.jpg   FT 876.jpg   Goose.jpg   Panther Queen.jpg  
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Op Corporate

I cracked and threw what I could of TG317 together today. Many ships are missing though the main battle and amphibious groups are present..

Ascension is in the background. The sea looks wanting doesn't it??!!
    ATB
    DaveB:-)

I cobbled this one together using Morton's wing and tail textures plus the fuselage that I made from Morton's original bitmaps. I had downloaded what I could find of CFS-3 P-80 paints with the idea of there being something I could use in there. As it worked out, about all I could do with it was part of the nose art and doing the rest of the markings from scratch.

There were a couple more old CFS-3 P-80 paints that I'm going to try to get into FSX. One is a quick and easy job, one of the YP-80s that was sent to Italy in early 1945 for operational testing and another Korean War paint. And a Navy one inspired by the Alpha Sim version. There's a couple more that I've found profile pics of that I want to try out as well. But no hurry on those as the T-33s and F4Ds are waiting.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lil Dottie.jpg  

So that isn't the Alphasim P-80? Where can I find that P-80?

It is the old Alpha P-80. It's just been being run through the overhaul hanger. I just never cared much for the paints that came with it (except that Navy one and I still wasn't that crazy about the shine on it), but always have liked the old Shooting Star and the AS one does fly nicely. Morton had taken 9 P-80 repaints for IL-2 and used them in a conversion to CFS-2. I've always liked Morton's work, so when I decided to put the P-80 into FSX from FS9, I figured why not kill two birds with one rock. I got rid of the paints that came with it and used Morton's after making alpha layers for them and converting to .dds textures along with the default internal textures (a few changes in some of those as well). I've got Morton's permission to upload them when I'm through mucking about with them. Mostly all that's left is packaging them up.

I've kept the panel bitmaps (until I find something I like better), but re-gauged it with a set of F-84 gauges that I had in a box in a corner along with a couple of Piglet's T-33 gauges.

I was using the default CFS-3 P-80 sounds in FS9, but while in the search for P-80 bits that I could use the other day, I found an AV History "improved" CFS-3 sound set for it. I'm trying it out now, but still undecided if I'll keep it or go back to the default CFS 3 sounds. I'm not much on overly loud sound packs. They interfere with the radio/cd player that I tend to install in everything I fly. If the engine sounds drown out the music, it's time to go the muffler shop.

I'm usually not much on jets, but I do tend to like the ones from the 1940s with the Me 262, P-80 and F9F Panther being long time favorites.

There is no such thing as a "perfect" FS/CFS add on aircraft as downloaded. And mucking about with them to get what I wanted in the first place is all part of the fun. (reminds me, I need to talk to Milton about that set of tires I ("borrowed")

Blog Entries
    I cracked and threw what I could of TG317 together today. Many ships are missing though the main battle and amphibious groups are present..

Ascension is in the background. The sea looks wanting doesn't it??!!
    ATB
    DaveB:-)
    Looks great Dave. Btw - all things considered, I think I like the Wilco Harriers best.

Say, what R05 'Vince' boat is that? I like it! I'd like that in my shipyard ...

DL

Hi DL

Yup.. I like the Wilco/AH Harriers purely because they're GR3 and FRS1. Pity it doesn't fly like the SSW model or have the FR's of the Razbam model. Of the available paints.. the only one I like is the blue/white one done by our very own Zsolt. Salute sir!!

The R05 Invincible is Gary's model (gp183601) and is available here (and at other places). The colour (as downloaded) is so, so wrong and this is the main reason I don't use it much or haven't up to now. Couldn't stand it any longer.. spent a couple of hours reworking the maps to remove the blues and in some cases, greens and the end result is what you see. Looks pretty good now doesn't she I'll send you the revised maps if you like They may fit Illustrious too.. must have a look.

ATB
    DaveB

What lovely scenery. Nice shot too

ATB
    DaveB

Thanks Willy, I'll be looking forward to those P-80 textures.

Members who have read this thread: 287