Out Thorp'n About

Thread: Out Thorp'n About

Out Thorp'n About

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Wow!

Cool pics. The one thing I notice is that you have the self-shadowing enabled, and it sometimes has some issues. That has been fixed in the upcoming model update. Thanks for posting those shots...means a lot here. :salute:
    Regards,
    Robert

Nice pics. I fly the "Old" Green and White livery more than any other, just seems to suit the Thorp perfectly. It is a blast to fly.:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Robert, thank you for the comment regarding the screenshots, but more importantly, thank you for this excellent aircraft! Unfortunately tonight was my first opportunity to fly it, and it was a great joy to take it all in. I have been admiring your work on it since the time you reported the first progress. It is great to actually experience the aircraft first hand now. The quality of the modeling work throughout is just exceptional! Though not finding there to be a cause to need one, I'll be looking forward to the update! It is a very, very attractive aircraft! It has that look to it, as if it is always moving forward, even when parked on the ground.

Thank you Ed! I certainly will have to download the repaints that have been released for it.

Here are just a few more screenshots from this flight.

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Smoothj

Visibility from the VC is splendid, smooth, feels good, looks good. A great flightseeing aircraft.
    Well made. Top rank freeware.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pentium D 925 3.0Ghz dual core800 MHz FSB, (HP)MB Livermore-GL6, 2GB RAM PC2 4200 DDR 2 533 Mhz, ATI Radeon HD OC 4890 1GB GDDR5, Turbo-Cool 510 ps, Vista SP2 Home 32 bit, MS Sidewinder FF2, REX 2.0

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Any idea when the update will be available?

THorp Spinner Texture

Hi Robert:

Quick question, where is the spinner texture and where is it mapped to. ANy chance that there can be a larger spinner mapping area?

Best

Jim

The update is pretty much done, but I'm not rushing it at all this time. I could probably have it out by the end of the month.

Jim, the spinner is something that in the model out now is locked to the chrome texture and cannot be altered. In the update there will be the ability to change the overall color, but that's all.
    Regards,
    Robert

Scud River Tongass

[MARQUEE][/MARQUEE]
    Nice clickables in the VC, joystick is clickable, what software did you use to make the Thorp, if you please?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pentium D 925 3.0Ghz dual core800 MHz FSB, (HP)MB Livermore-GL6, 2GB RAM PC2 4200 DDR 2 533 Mhz, ATI Radeon HD OC 4890 1GB GDDR5, Turbo-Cool 510 ps, Vista SP2 Home 32 bit, MS Sidewinder FF2, REX 2.0

I use Gmax for my models. I like those pics-thanks for sharing them!
    Regards,
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by N2056 View Post
    I use Gmax for my models. I like those pics-thanks for sharing them!
    Thanks for the reply to my question, it's made for Tongass and such-like, IMHO, for flightseeing it is great.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Members who have read this thread: 1