Virtavia C-17 Globemaster III is OUT!!!
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Virtavia C-17 Globemaster III is OUT!!!

Virtavia C-17 Globemaster III is OUT!!!

Its out folks, get it while its hot!

http://www.virtavia.com/?page_id=373
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

Thanks for the hu Cag!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Thank you for the heads up. I do have a question. I purchased the C17 the day it came out from Alphasim. I did not see any instructions on how to download without paying again. Did I miss something? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You,
    J.J.

Beautifull....
    Priced at 54.95 US I'll wait for a sale...
    Regards

Same question here.

Thanks
    Bill

I am going to purchase soon, but I would like to hear some feedback from those that have already bought it....specifically, how is framerate performance in the vc, and just how much functionality exists in the vc? Systems?
    Matt

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Beautifull....
    Priced at 54.95 US I'll wait for a sale...
    Regards
    The old Alphasim company never had any sale at all; doubt this will be any different now..

I do have a question. I purchased the C17 the day it came out from Alphasim. I did not see any instructions on how to download without paying again. Did I miss something? Any help would be appreciated.
    Contacting Virtavia directly seems the easiest and best way to find out.. :mixedsmi:
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

So they finally have completed the panel then?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    The old Alphasim company never had any sale at all; doubt this will be any different now..

Contacting Virtavia directly seems the easiest and best way to find out.. :mixedsmi:
    Yes I agree and have thought of that but alot of my questions usually are for the most part common and are usually answered on forums like this. I find it better to try to find the answers this way before asking the developer who probably have hundreds of the same question asked the first day. Yes i'm am sure someone would have asked it anyway and i could have waited but i decided to post anyway.

With respect,
    J.J.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post

What a pitty...too high a price. Waited sometime to buy Wildcat/martlet my last...will pass this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatorlph11 View Post
    Thank you for the heads up. I do have a question. I purchased the C17 the day it came out from Alphasim. I did not see any instructions on how to download without paying again. Did I miss something? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You,
    J.J.
    Download a copy of the Virtavia C-17 from <!-- m -->http://www.virtavia.com<!-- m -->. Open a Support Ticket at Virtavia and provide your proof of purchase, your e-mail address and specify if you want FSX, FS9 or both. You will be sent an unlock key for it.

For Vista or Win7 remember to turn off User Acccount Control (UAC) using the Control Panel before you run the Flight1 EXE install file you have downloaded.

54 buck...jeebus. I'll be passing on this one.
    Vance
    Sonic Solutions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Videre Vincere Est

Glad it's finally out. Congrats to the developers. Hope all will enjoy this beauty, and we will see many, many screenies.

Due to the price i'll wait for the Area51 version first in order to compare them.

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

It's about £33.00. Can't get an Indian for 2 with popadums and some lager for that. If I was a heavy jet flyer I'd buy it today.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

I got it and so far I like it. Expensive it is, but also nice and handling seems OK for a big jet like it. It has a working HUD, a detailed VC, and nice visuals/textures overall.

What I don't like is guys (somewhere else) that IMO didn't try it , but enjoy to diminish its value just for no real reason (IMO) right of the bat. It isn't the first plane that I've seen starting to phase criticism for no solid reason on its release.

If anybody follows and criticizes new products, without giving the people that developed it the chance to address everybody's tastes, ...planes won't sell,... developers won't see it reasonable to code them and finally the hobby will be over...

For those who have it,Does the reverse thrust work? And is the FMC Programmable?
    Thank You.

Patrick

Videre Vincere Est

Icon5

Quote Originally Posted by GB View Post
    What I don't like is guys (somewhere else) that IMO didn't try it , but enjoy to diminish its value just for no real reason (IMO) right of the bat. It isn't the first plane that I've seen starting to phase criticism for no solid reason on its release.

If anybody follows and criticizes new products, without giving the people that developed it the chance to address everybody's tastes, ...planes won't sell,... developers won't see it reasonable to code them and finally the hobby will be over...
    Glad you like it ok. Hope to see screenshots or even better, a movie with your comments regarding this beauty.
    But what i don't understand is the rather hostile approach in this particular thread:isadizzy:
    I have not seen any criticism so far besides the price (me included) and other reasons why people rather wait and see what other people think of the bird first. IMHO that's their prerogative. Nobody is swinging a bat here. There is a long time between first peeks and today's release. Now potential customors (like me) need time to get to know this bird a bit better before purchase. It would have been great if they would have released some kind of a demo first (with working DVC). :mixedsmi:
    Now having this said, they sure produced a smart looking Globemaster here. The DVC looks like eyecandy too, looking at the first glimpse. :salute:

Edit: and i second the questions by Phantom88

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

Can a manual be downloaded by potential buyers?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pentium D 925 3.0Ghz dual core800 MHz FSB, (HP)MB Livermore-GL6, 2GB RAM PC2 4200 DDR 2 533 Mhz, ATI Radeon HD OC 4890 1GB GDDR5, Turbo-Cool 510 ps, Vista SP2 Home 32 bit, MS Sidewinder FF2, REX 2.0

Reverse Thrust works OK. FMC not there but I've seen a promise in the relevant section in the manual, that it may be included in future, so lets hope.

As far as it concerns screenshots, I'm not very good in them, like some other collegues in here so I don't won't to ruin your viewpoint. Video wise I'm even worse ...

But it is really nice in and out, if you have the virtavia BONE, it is like BONE+ eye-candy wise.

P.S
    Sorry if I offended any fellow simmer, it wasn't on purpose. It came out by finding a criticism attitude for many products lately, only to find out myself that it just highlights personal preferences and or unimportand points that are soon adressed by the developers, if notified in a constructive way. In any case you can have your money back if you don't like it.

Videre Vincere Est

Quote Originally Posted by GB View Post
    P.S
    Sorry if I offended any fellow simmer, it wasn't on purpose. It came out by finding a criticism attitude for many products lately, only to find out myself that it just highlights personal preferences and or unimportand points that are soon adressed by the developers, if notified in a constructive way. In any case you can have your money back if you don't like it.
    I think constructive comments like you just made will give the developers and potential buyers feedback they need and want, therefore preventing the necessity for the vendor to have to pay customers their money back. Cheers!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

Thanks for the answers GB.:salute:

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Download a copy of the Virtavia C-17 from <!-- m -->http://www.virtavia.com<!-- m -->. Open a Support Ticket at Virtavia and provide your proof of purchase, your e-mail address and specify if you want FSX, FS9 or both. You will be sent an unlock key for it.

For Vista or Win7 remember to turn off User Acccount Control (UAC) using the Control Panel before you run the Flight1 EXE install file you have downloaded.
    Thank you very much Fsafranek.

KR,
    J.J.

Members who have read this thread: 45