Virtavia C-17 Globemaster III is OUT!!! - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Virtavia C-17 Globemaster III is OUT!!!

Charter Member 2012
    I have not tested this myself yet but try editing the following lines in the electrical section

autopilot = 0, 5, 0 //1, 5, 0
    avionics_bus = 0, 10, 0//1, 10, 0

Bruce
    My system specs are The wifey says no to a new computer

I just tested Bruce's fix from a cold/dark cockpit and all seems to work perfectly.

I detected no problem with the autopilot switch after applying the fix.

Don't forget to change the electrical always available back to "0"

Many thanks to Bruce for helping to get this issue squared away!

Quote Originally Posted by mal998 View Post
    I just tested Bruce's fix from a cold/dark cockpit and all seems to work perfectly.

I detected no problem with the autopilot switch after applying the fix.

Don't forget to change the electrical always available back to "0"

Many thanks to Bruce for helping to get this issue squared away!
    Mal, I just concluded the test and the fix works perfectly. No issues at all now.

One thing I noticed, and it's only in a multiplayer session that requires a realistic IFF code depending on whether you file a VFR or IFR flight plan: the session bot doesn't recognize a change to the squawk code, even if I put in the right one (1200 for VFR, 2200 for IFR). I'd say it's a bot issue, but the bot recognizes the code on literally every other plane I fly (so if I start off squawking 1200, file an IFR plan, then change to 2200, it'll work in other planes; in the C17, the automated warning comes up that I'm not squawking 2200, even when I am). Not a truly huge deal if the session is VFR conditions, except that if I'm following ATC rules it means I can't fly above transition altitude. Otherwise, I can't fly IFR in the session at all. However, when I talk to controllers, they confirm I'm squawking the correct code - so something's missing there.

Thoughts (other than "just don't fly IFR in that session")?

FYI, other than this relatively minor issue, I LOVE the plane - favorite is the max performance tactical landing, very nice.

This has been taken under advisement. Will let you know if someone here can shed some more light on how to resolve the issue.

Thanks for the kind thoughts about the plane.

Thanks - don't know what I was doing before signing up with SOH, great to have direct contact with the developers.

Just wondering if you happen to also have the Virtavia B-1B, the Skysim Mirage III/5 or the the ALS-SIM Su-27? These all use the same piracy protection system. Trying to narrow this down so just wondering if it is unique to the C-17 or can be reproduced in one of those since they have this one thing in common?

Quote Originally Posted by N324JK View Post
    One thing I noticed, and it's only in a multiplayer session that requires a realistic IFF code depending on whether you file a VFR or IFR flight plan: the session bot doesn't recognize a change to the squawk code, even if I put in the right one (1200 for VFR, 2200 for IFR). I'd say it's a bot issue, but the bot recognizes the code on literally every other plane I fly (so if I start off squawking 1200, file an IFR plan, then change to 2200, it'll work in other planes; in the C17, the automated warning comes up that I'm not squawking 2200, even when I am). Not a truly huge deal if the session is VFR conditions, except that if I'm following ATC rules it means I can't fly above transition altitude. Otherwise, I can't fly IFR in the session at all. However, when I talk to controllers, they confirm I'm squawking the correct code - so something's missing there.

Thoughts (other than "just don't fly IFR in that session")?

FYI, other than this relatively minor issue, I LOVE the plane - favorite is the max performance tactical landing, very nice.

I don't have any of the other aircraft listed. Are those the only payware that share the same anti-piracy? And I'm wondering what anti-piracy protection would have to do with an automated XPDR code recognition program.

Another way to attack this might be to ask the server host how the bot recognizes a XPDR code and then responds accordingly (e.g., it might be running off of a kind of IF_FP=IFR_AND_XPDR_=12XX_THEN_PLAY_INVXPDR.WAV, where the wav file is the audio message played for an invalid squawk code - note this isn't the actual programming, just an idea of what might be happening). If I knew what the bot's "looking for", that might pinpoint the problem (or at least eliminate it as a factor).

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Just wondering if you happen to also have the Virtavia B-1B, the Skysim Mirage III/5 or the the ALS-SIM Su-27? These all use the same piracy protection system. Trying to narrow this down so just wondering if it is unique to the C-17 or can be reproduced in one of those since they have this one thing in common?

I like this aircraft... it needs a few fixes but she is alot of fun.

Please for the repainters out there whom have her, a request for the QATAR paint like the area 51 version would be very nice...

for any takers on this request A big Thank You

I asked about it a while back was told that Pierre who did the release textures was looking in to it. But that's all I know about it and it was a while ago.
    :ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by doublecool View Post
    Please for the repainters out there whom have her, a request for the QATAR paint like the area 51 version would be very nice...
    for any takers on this request A big Thank You

The ISG update is out with specific C-17 gauges, linked to a Smiths FMC. See Integrated Simavionics web page.It is wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    The ISG update is out with specific C-17 gauges, linked to a Smiths FMC. See Integrated Simavionics web page.It is wonderful!
    URL?

Found it: http://www.isgsim.com/?page=panel_li...retro_virt_c17

Virtavia C-17 - Retrofit

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy3 View Post
    Matt wrote:

Hi Matt,

The reason why I haven't yet bought it is the price tag....it's high, particularly for a plane that doesn't have an FMC. I know Ernie Alston is working on one for his ISG package, which is good, but I still think a plane of this price should have a fully (or as close to it as possible, given FSX limitations) functional FMC. I'm still VERY much considering buying it, though!

Cheers,
    Jim

Hi, this is my first Post.

Maybe it is of interest.
    My own corrected C-17A Virtavia ISG retrofit panel.

http://fsbuild.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4229

Now all original switch buttons are working, even the original ones.

The retrofit did not include the 2 Virtavia_C-17!MFDX1 + MFDX2 Gauges necessary for the 2-D panel.
    The 3-D panel is now including 2 ISG MCU as you can see on the image. Click on, the MCU is opening.

Attachment 55876

regards,
    Raimund

Strange sales

I find it rather odd that there are many versions of the same Bird being released at almost the sametime, Kinda makes it hard to make money at this dont ya think. Maybe there should be a Developers Summit, A meeting of the Minds, if you will so that everyone can compare notes on upcoming projects and decide on whos is making what. Maybe Im just dreaming but I do think it might help a Bit...... Oh Dont Mind me!!, Just happy to be here:salute::salute::salute:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Rattler View Post
    I find it rather odd that there are many versions of the same Bird being released at almost the sametime, Kinda makes it hard to make money at this dont ya think. Maybe there should be a Developers Summit, A meeting of the Minds, if you will so that everyone can compare notes on upcoming projects and decide on whos is making what. Maybe Im just dreaming but I do think it might help a Bit...... Oh Dont Mind me!!, Just happy to be here:salute::salute::salute:

I think it makes for a more competitive environment. Also helps moderate prices a bit, but I fear at the challenge of potentially shutting out their competition. I remember not so long ago, arguing a bit with Iris about their F-111 and F-35 forecast releases. They stopped working on their F-35 because of Dino's then pending F-35 release. I thought it was kinda strange, but also a bit admirable that their model back then was not to undermine other developers working on the same airframe. And the comparision of the Virtavia and Area 51 C-17 to me, are night and day. I find the Virtavia one a bit more modelled better than the Area 51 variant.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    I think it makes for a more competitive environment. Also helps moderate prices a bit, but I fear at the challenge of potentially shutting out their competition. I remember not so long ago, arguing a bit with Iris about their F-111 and F-35 forecast releases. They stopped working on their F-35 because of Dino's then pending F-35 release. I thought it was kinda strange, but also a bit admirable that their model back then was not to undermine other developers working on the same airframe. And the comparision of the Virtavia and Area 51 C-17 to me, are night and day. I find the Virtavia one a bit more modelled better than the Area 51 variant.

Matt
    I don't really understand what you're saying here Matt. You say the comparison is night and day, but also say the Virtavia one is only modelled a "bit" better.

I'd like one of these, but not sure which yet.
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

Quote Originally Posted by dougal95 View Post
    I don't really understand what you're saying here Matt. You say the comparison is night and day, but also say the Virtavia one is only modelled a "bit" better.

I'd like one of these, but not sure which yet.
    The Virtavia C-17 is better but more expensive.

Nota:
    Better without own FMC as with a bad FMC that maybe cannot be exchanged with other ones like the ISG.

Raimund

Quote Originally Posted by Rattler View Post

Yeah in most countries that sort of behaviour between competing companies is actually illegal, it's called a cartel, as it reduces competition and raises prices to the detriment of the consumer. i.e. you.

Someone uses any Shockwave lights for Virtavia C-17A model ?
    Does it work?

And one thing, revers works but plane cant move back, so this must be improved.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Someone uses any Shockwave lights for Virtavia C-17A model ?
    Does it work?

And one thing, revers works but plane cant move back, so this must be improved.

Open Brakes. Press Key 'F1' be sure engine it at the Idle position.
    Press the Key ' F2 ' for some second. The airplane is moving back 100%.

Think you have the payware airplane.

http://fsbuild.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4229

visit: http://www.intrasystem.it/FSX/FSX.html

regards,
    Raimund

Yes, it works, I havent checked "reply" option on revers axis (button of slider). Its important.
    Revers works well!

Time to check Shockwave Lights.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

The new review of model of Virtavia:

http://yoyosims.pl/C17AVirtavia.html

Could not stand it so I broke down and got it. I have 3 pages of purchases at Simmarket so one more is not going to matter.

I am in the middle of my first shakedown flight on the way to KCHS which in real life is 100 miles south of me. I use to fly freight their alot so Ive dodged many a real C-5 in the old days and saw the first C-17s arrive.

First the vr pit. Looks better on the screen that the pics. Just enough detail to be convincing. As Ive said in alot of post my computer HATES crt displays which is why I held off on buying. BUT.... the performance I am getting so far is very very good. Old I7,2.8 ghz,Vista 64,6 gigs and every addon known to man. Activesky,Utx,GEX.......... I am getting 25-30 smooth where its locked. I am flying a sunset and the lighting is good. I was not looking for a systems heavy sim and with the AP popup its as easy as it gets. Sounds are excellant. Flight model. With the limited KEDW pattern work and the flight I am currently under way, so far its a good one. Plane has a good heavy feel to it. Lots of mass and just enought deadzone to give it that weighty feel in the turns. However its also pretty agile but not overdone. You never forget its a big boy.
    I am not a tubeliner flyer,mostly military fast movers. The C-17 though I needed for that heavy aluminum cloud fix and so far I am very happy with my purchase.

Members who have read this thread: 45