As we do sit at a flight sim forum, this group has been somewhat limited in it's participation as there is only so much we can do.

I myself am frustrated by the lack of a naval surface warfare simulation that takes advantage of the progress made in 3D rendering and lighting.

I have been waiting for someone to take something like Task Force 1942 and bring it into the 21 century. Want to see a Japanese pagoda mast emerging from the night mists and making my stomach flip as I peer thru binoculars. Want to see wave animation... waves rolling and cresting... ships reacting to them. Shell splashes towering..... guns blazing.

Of course it has to be able to show large areas so we can sail around and amongst islands. Also has to be able to show accurate land and water.

Well I have decided to do some research. Looking for a game engine that can give us these things. Once I find the engine... will make the development skills I need to absorb easier to pick up. Right now I am working with Visual3D as it works in a .NET environment in which I am so familiar with.

I encourage you all to participate as well. Lets get a list together of things we want. Maybe you have your own ideas.

Stickied!