DP Guru required
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DP Guru required

DP Guru required

I am trying to modify a DP for the old SNCASE SE-100 by Alain BRETON, have used both DPED121 and manual methods, but cannot get the rear cannon to fire backwards. Anyone able to advise where to look/what to do ? :isadizzy:

Did look through the DP for the Betty but was not able to find/change what-ever is needed. Rest of the DP including French bombs, guntubes, and Pilots/Gunner are okay.

Here you go, There's enough information in here for you to get it all sorted out.

Attachment 38482
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Hello Capt Kurt & SC

Will have another look after I have had some breakfast, if I have some success I will post the DP here so some Beta-testers check it out and provide some feedback.

Regards SGV

Yeah...really need to see the DP. One or more of us should be able to find the prob. Could be just a simple gun trigger number.

Several Problems

A. Working out what I was supposed to be doing
    B. DPEdit 1.21 is not working very well on my computer, suspect it needs a reload.
    C. Original Zip file is now refusing to work - may have been part of the problem when I loaded the first time.
    D. Working out what is poitive or negative !!!!!!!

Answer A - I jagged a workaround solution
    Answer B
    - No Comment other than the following
    Answer C
    - New Zip file needed please.
    Answer D - Needed a negative sign in the range AND the angle.

Dp included below, needs a couple of Beta testers.

Original FS98/CFS1/DP by Alain Breton, a lovely aircraft that I consider one of the GOLDEN OLDIES, many thanks to Alain for building this wonderful model.
    To activate the rear gun - hit the "D" key - by Alain Breton.
    Modified by myself to represent French weapons.

I was hoping to release the updated aircraft model with Alain Breton's blessing but have not been able to contact him so will release as skins only unless Alain reads this and gives his approval for the Model to be uploaded as well. If Alain wishes to upload his model with this modified DP he has my full approval and best wishes to do so. :salute:

Model needs a repair with MDLRepair2 to work in CFS2.

Only problem I have not fixed is that the rear gunner has an arm on the outside of the fuselage. Have tried moving him around but he needs to either shrink or loose an arm. Any suggestions please feel free to comment.

Model is at http://simviation.com/1/download-fil...p&fileId=30270
    Panel at http://simviation.com/1/download-fil...p&fileId=30271
    MDLRepair2 at my post in http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...T-BE-DISPLAYED

To use the DP delete the .txt at the end, backup the original.

Seagull,

I tinkered a bit with this. I found the DP's add-ons do not show when the aircraft is loaded into the sim. However, the DP's add-ons are visible in the sim's aircraft selection window. I have seen this before with a few models and either my install is inopropiate or the model has a problem that is not allowing the weps to show in the sim.

The payload coding doesn't look right to me on Payload.2 and 3. You see with this segment mounts 4 through 7 are saying they all drop with mount number 0, but there isn't a 0 mount there, same thing happens with part of payload No.3. This also happens with Payload No.1, but in that payload there is a mount No. 0.
    ================================================== ===
    [PAYLOAD.2]
    ; Payload = Crew, Guns & 4 x 100kg Bombs
    mount.4=Bombe_100KG, 1, 0
    mount.5=Bombe_100KG, 1, 0
    mount.6=Bombe_100KG, 1, 0
    mount.7=Bombe_100KG, 1, 0
    mount.8=wep_pylon_ja_cl, 1, -1
    mount.9=wep_pylon_ja_cl, 1, -1
    mount.10=wep_pylon_ja_cl, 1, -1
    mount.11=wep_pylon_ja_cl, 1, -1
    mount.12=1tube, 1, -1
    mount.13=1tube, 1, -1
    mount.14=1tube, 1, -1
    mount.15=1tube, 1, -1
    mount.16=wd_pilot, 1, -1
    mount.17=wd_pilot, 1, -1
    mount.18=raf_gunner, 1, -1

SOH-CM-2013
    Madison County, Iowa (3rd Corn Patch On The Left)

Seagull's DP Challenge...

Okay, don't beat Mark up too badly - his installation of DPEdit became corrupted, and I sent him a fresh copy [Ver 1.2x] to use last night ! :salute:

For some reason it was transposing all SORTS of hard-points, weapons, etc and leaving things out.... The replacement is working well for him now. :mixedsmi:

SC
    "...And, When I died, They washed me out of the turret with a hose..."

Hello Oglivie
    Tonight I will update where you can find the bit's & pieces you need.

Hello demorier
    Was using DPEdit1.21 but somehow it became corrupted, was ending up with it reloading old Dps over new DPs and it was a pain in the **** :angryfir:. Still having a few issues but will not be able to have a fresh look until the weekend. If you want to have a go in getting it to work then please do. That's why I posted it for Beta testing, to find the bugs and get them fixed and also why I also requested a DP guru to assist. While my DP skills are average I am not a master on the subject, repaints are more my speciality.

The way I was setting up the DP originally was to allow for several versions to be be modelled, from the fighter bomber, reconn, and also proposed variants such as the SE-105 which had 6x20mm firing forward, 2x20mm top aft, & 2x20mm bottom aft.

Have found no references to the SE-100 using 100kg and 200kg bombs but I assume that would have happened up to the max bomb load.

Thanks for the help sc7500 !!!!!!

Anyone who wants to also help please do, will allow me to get back to the other projects on my list - Repaints: He-46, He-115, Lavi, J-10A, Mustang, He112-B2; Design: Flak-30 and a small list of others that Pen32Win knows about, then there is someone needed to look after the VN fleet as well.

Regards SGV

Hi Seagull. I don't have this aircraft but a little correction here and there on the payload coding should fix some of it.

Hello demorier
    What you did was almost the same as what I sent to sc7500 except with a modified Payload 1. Still much appreciated as it confirmed I was on the right approach.

Everyone :-

Whats happening is that I am trying to reference weapons that are not on the DPED list and DPED is getting it's you-know-whats in a tangle. Even when I manually change the DP because I have used it to set the DP in my CFS2 install it appears to be looking for the DPED link, consequently going back to the original DP.

Does anyone know how to reset the DPED.INI so that I can update the weapons names than add them through the payloads option in DPED ?

I have updated both the DPED.INI and DPED.~IN files in notepad, saved them and overwritten the existing but DPED does not recognise the new ones. If I go into the configure option I am having trouble to get it to recognise the new files.

If there is a simple way to update the weapon file names so that DPED can read them it should solve all the problems, anyone know how to ????????? :isadizzy:

In time, you'll find that there will be many addon weap names that Dped won't recognize and list, such as the entire Alphasim weapon inventory for example. It won't list them, but if they are already in a DP that you're modifying, it will leave them intact in their respective payloads. But if you're trying to add them through the proggy, you can't. You'll have to add them manually after making the appropriate payload places for them with the proggy. Updating the ini file is pointless.

One thing that sometimes helps - but not always - is to put all new weapon names in your mdlnames.txt file. This is where Dped looks first for names. The downside to continually doing this is that you'll eventually force the mdlnames file size to increase to a breaking point to where FF and QC will not work anymore.

The bottom line: don't sweat the small stuff. Just put in any listed names and then change the names manually afterwards to finish the DP when necessary. If you use wordpad for replacing names, it gives you the 'Replace All' option which allows you to replace all of the temporary "dummy" entries in one click so you don't have to change each entry one at a time.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Hello Bearcat

Thanks for the advice, I chose some "stand-in" weapons systems and took the SE-100 for a spin with the result that everything worked. Will update manually for the weapons and include the modified DP when I release the skins.

In the meantime if anyone wants to use the DP then download demorier's version or update the one that I did, sc7500 also helped out a great deal - many thanks dudes !!!!!!

Those who are stuck for locations of where to get the items from :-

wep_pylon_ja_cl
    CFS2 Microsoft KI43IIB_OSCAR

French Weapons - bombs & raf gunner
    Potez_CAMS_141.zip by baldy
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...1&pp=15&sort=U

wd_pilot
    WD_Pilot_Figures.zip by bismarck13
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...N&pp=15&page=6

guntubes.zip by oldwheat
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...ads&FileID=779

Note: there are others involved in the creation of the above items so please read the credits that are attached to those files.

If anyone does know how we can update DPED with new weapons - PLEASE LET US KNOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards SGV

SOH-CM-2013
    Madison County, Iowa (3rd Corn Patch On The Left)

Heh Heh

I'm just happy you got the danged bombs to drop !!!!!!

Now - get out there and PAINT !
    SC
    "...And, When I died, They washed me out of the turret with a hose..."

Cool CFS2 Sim Guru required

Quote Originally Posted by Seagull V View Post
    Those who are stuck for locations of where to get the items from :-
    wep_pylon_ja_cl
    CFS2 Microsoft KI43IIB_OSCAR
    French Weapons - bombs & raf gunner
    Potez_CAMS_141.zip by baldy
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...1&pp=15&sort=U
    wd_pilot
    WD_Pilot_Figures.zip by bismarck13
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...N&pp=15&page=6
    guntubes.zip by oldwheat
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...ads&FileID=779
    Seagull,

Thanks for the link ups. All installed. But my weird friggin sim still won't display the DP addons. I did run the mdl repair ver.2 prog on it.

Selection window shows 'em. But no show when selected and loaded into the sim to fly. Bombs can be selected in the sim to drop, but are no where to be seen on the aircraft. My other aircraft are working ok. This is the case for both of my puters, HP laptop with XP Home and Gateway desktop with 128 meg graphics card running XP Pro.

I'm at a loss for a clue. Anyone have ideas why this tis happenin?

Regards,
    Oglivie

Hello Oglivie

Sorry, I don't have the foggiest why the DPs are not playing the game.

The only concern I had before was the corrupted DPED program I was first using, and if that is still causing issues.

This weekend I will try 2 methods:-
    1. Use Pepe's modified file with the others added onto the list and see if DPED plays the game.
    2. If that's still SNAFU ("Situation normal all fouled up", some people put "Scenario normal all fouled up" )
    then I will do the whole process from the very start, except instead of using DPED I will do a manual update of the DP.

The main reason why I posted it here was to find any bugs so when the skins are released with the modified DP everyones happy with the result. So thanks for the feedback it's very much appreciated - hopefully we can get it so that those German Panzer-Grenadiers curse their illustrious leader for crossing the border. Had the SE-100 been developed to it's full potential and had it been at Squadron strength it is one of the many what-ifs of WW2.

Regards SGV

Thanks Seagull,

You gave me an idea to look closer at the DP for corruption. I should have thought that, as the problems that were already mentioned earlier. I'll post what I find when time permits to look more into the problem.

Regards,
    Oglivie

Almost like a sceneryb file/s for the weapons are screwed up. Maybe as an experiment try editing the dp file and substituting a different made bomb that you know works, and see if it does the same thing ??

Hello Dudes

I followed what Bearcat suggested and put in some alternatives in DPED with the intention of seeing if everything worked and it did !!!!!! Did a bit of extra tweaking while I was at.

This weekend I was going to try it the 2 different ways above to see if the problem still happens. If it does I will put in some alternative bombs for the time being until someone comes up with a definate solution. May need a new set of french weapons created. Hopefully sometime tomorrow there will be some joy rather than pain.

Regards SGV

Oglivie, copy your entire [GUNSTATIONS] section (everything down to where the [HARDPOINTS] section begins) and paste it here in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by bearcat241 View Post
    Oglivie, copy your entire [GUNSTATIONS] section (everything down to where the [HARDPOINTS] section begins) and paste it here in this thread.
    Hi Bearcat,

Near as I can figure it looks okay. I may have missed an error somewhere though.

[GUNSTATIONS]
    ; Starboard Wing Structure
    gunstation.0=1,30,1,0.09,878,2,0.04,500,4,40,1d1*3 6,-0.5,-0.35,2.7,-0.28,0,0,0,0,0,0,4.59
    ; Structure aile droite
    gunstation.1=1,23,1,0.09,878,2,0.04,500,4,40,1d1*3 6,0.5,0,2.7,-0.28,0,0,0,0,0,0,4.59
    gunstation.2=1,30,1,0.09,878,2,0.04,500,4,40,1d1*3 6,-0.5,0,2.7,-0.28,0,0,0,0,0,0,4.59
    ; Structure aile droite
    gunstation.3=1,23,1,0.09,878,2,0.04,500,4,40,1d1*3 6,0.5,-0.35,2.7,-0.28,0,0,0,0,0,0,4.59
    ; Structure aile droite
    gunstation.4=1,23,2,0.09,878,2,0.04,-500,4,40,1d1*36,0,-0.9,-4,-0.28,0,180,-25,25,10,-10,4.59
    ; Bombes
    gunstation.5=3,21,8,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1d1*8,0,0,0,0,0, 0,0,0,0,0,0

[guns.0]
    gun.0=120,0,0,0,0,0,1,120

[guns.1]

[guns.2]

[guns.3]

[guns.4]
    gun.0=120,0,1.72,-0.64,-5,-25,1,120

[guns.5]
    gun.0=8,0,0,0,0,0,0,8

Quote Originally Posted by demorier View Post
    Almost like a sceneryb file/s for the weapons are screwed up. Maybe as an experiment try editing the dp file and substituting a different made bomb that you know works, and see if it does the same thing ??
    Thanks Demorier,

I'll give your suggestion a try.

Nothing in the DP is showing up at all. No pylons, no gun barrels, no wd or raf figures. The gun flashes are showing though, and the bombs can be selected, but do not appear to drop, they are completely invisible (no visual or audio bomb explosion either). I'm guessing there could be a bgl object id conflict perhaps or corrupted bgl as you pointed out. I'm not sure.

I have to be away for awhile, I'll check it out when I return.

Regards,
    O

Hello everyone,

Back to the 'drawing board'...

I removed the bombe2.bgl form the scenedb\weapons\scenery folder and replaced all bombs in the DP with stock japanese 60kg. No change, addons still did not display after loading into the sim.

I back tracked to the same problem that occurred with an MC205 by Alessandro Casadio for iS4g group. It did the same thing with the original mdl. I found, downloaded and installed an updated mdl for this MC205 several months ago (I think here at SOH) and the DP weps displayed in the sim with no problems. I haven't found any readme files to explain the updates to the mdl. The new mdl appears to be scasm edited because of its filename (i4205scasm.mdl). Obviously something is changed in the mdl. Not saying for sure this is causing the present SE100B problem, but sure seems likely. Why this is only happening in my sim and not others is alluding me also.

Thank You everyone for your time and ideas to figure it.

Oglivie

Try this:

[GUNSTATIONS]
    gunstation.0=1,30,1,0.09,878,2,0.04,500,4,40, 1d1*36, -0.5,-0.35,2.7,-0.28,0,0,0,0,0,0,4.59
    ; Structure aile droite
    gunstation.1=1,23,1,0.09,878,2,0.04,500,4,40, 1d1*36, 0.5,0,2.7,-0.28,0,0,0,0,0,0,4.59
    gunstation.2=1,30,1,0.09,878,2,0.04,500,4,40, 1d1*36, -0.5,0,2.7,-0.28,0,0,0,0,0,0,4.59
    ; Structure aile droite
    gunstation.3=1,23,1,0.09,878,2,0.04,500,4,40, 1d1*36, 0.5,-0.35,2.7,-0.28,0,0,0,0,0,0,4.59
    ; Structure aile droite
    gunstation.4=1,23,2,0.09,878,2,0.04,500,4,40, 1d1*36, 0,-0.9,-4,-0.28,0,180,-25,25,10,-10,4.59
    ; Bombes
    gunstation.5=3,21,8,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0, 0,0,0,0,0,0

[guns.0]

[guns.1]

[guns.2]

[guns.3]

[guns.4]
    gun.0=120,0,1.72,-0.64,-5,-25,1,120

[guns.5]
    gun.0=8,0,0,0,0,0,0,8

Bearcat,

I wish I could state that it worked, but I'm still getting the no wep and addon display thing in the sim.
    :salute:

Oglivie