Etendard IV M/P final package is out!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Etendard IV M/P final package is out!!

Try running Check Disk.
    I won´t see your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwikat View Post
    Any VC screenies to tie me over till I can try it out tomorrow night?
    Kiwikat, I took some screens of the VC but for whatever reason I could not get them to upload to here or my photo server.

I can tell you this, the VC is extremely nice and I have no problem calling it payware quality. The texture shading & detail looks great. There are new added details & animations in the VC as well as vast improvement of the canopy frame shaping(very well rounded/not blocky with bolt & nut details). The models exhibit lots of exterior details and high end texture detail as well. There are loads of animations and working systems that will keep most advanced simmers very happy for some time. It flies very well and the carrier operation is super smooth.

I have to commend the development team as they have turned out one of the very best FSX aircraft model packs I have ever used so far. It is payware quality and you gave it to us for free and for which I am sure the community is deeply grateful as I am!

:salute: BRAVO!!!
    "Soon to be Expat"

Hi everybody!
    Many thanks for your very nice comments!

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    about 25% of the way through, I get this error:

Attachment 38485

I've tried re-downloading, rebooting, and of course, reinstalling ... no joy.

Never had this problem on previous (beta) versions ... thoughs?

thanks,
    It's a very odd issue...
    I have to repack it for fixing some issues in the manual (some wrong illustrations...) May be it will fix your issue...
    I'll keep you informed

EDIT: I updated the package let me know if it is OK now?

Regards,
    Sylvain

Blog Entries

Tout bien!

I did check disk, and also downloaded your new version.

I don't know which it was - but it works fine now. I'm suspect is was my system, since all other posters seemed to say it was fine to begin with.

Regardless - I'm thrilled .... time to go take some pictures in the /P ... Merci beaucoup, mon ami!

dl

Quote Originally Posted by deathfromafar View Post
    Kiwikat, I took some screens of the VC but for whatever reason I could not get them to upload to here or my photo server.
    Hi!
    Once again many thanks guy for your comments!
    Me and the team appreciate a lot such feedbacks on thise quite confidential French jet...

Frank had written 2 very nice articles on our product, it gives you a good idea of what it
    looks like finally:
    For the Etendard IVM: http://www.mirage4fs.com/preview25.html
    For the Etendard IVP:http://www.mirage4fs.com/preview27.html

Regards,
    Sylvain

A great piece of equipment for a freeware - congrats for the whole team.

I'd like to request a few improvements to eliminate using mouse to minimum. FS Action shortcuts (Toggle Carb Heat for example) for at least the following would be nice.
    - PHI mode cycle & bearing pointer (close/open cowl flaps & heading bug decrease/increase?)
    - For each camera onboard on the IVP variant
    - Breguet stopwatch needle
    I won´t see your signature.

Dag
    Overall I would rate this addon as one of the best so far for FSX, both freeware and payware taken into consideration. Modelling is superb and so are the textures. Sylvain shows us that specular maps can be used to enhance panel lines and their appearance instead of bump maps on a very smooth French fuselage. Superb work !
    The VC is also something to be real proud of, payware quality and beyond :-)

Many many thanks !!

Quote Originally Posted by Dag View Post
    Overall I would rate this addon as one of the best so far for FSX, both freeware and payware taken into consideration. Modelling is superb and so are the textures. Sylvain shows us that specular maps can be used to enhance panel lines and their appearance instead of bump maps on a very smooth French fuselage. Superb work !
    The VC is also something to be real proud of, payware quality and beyond :-)

Many many thanks !!
    No more! no more! I'm blushing...
    Dag I never give you the final word of our discussion on "adding reflection" on the ETD... I'm sorry of that... Actually, I had long talks with Michel, our former ETD pilot, and I never succeed in convince him to had such a map : ETD paint was shiny but not glossy...
    Moreover, after a couple of weeks on board with an important air activity, the paint became "satiny" and weathered...

Regards,
    Sylvain

Blog Entries
    Bonjour Sylvain,

Just a question regarding the Clem: any chances of it being released without static aircraft? It might give that lovely ship some greater flexibility for the possibility of experimenting with AI aircraft aboard the carrier ...

I enjoyed doing AI traffic for carriers in FS9, and am interested to try in FSX - but one needs a clear deck to begin with.

Just a thought...

dl

Merci, was my birthday on friday so took the weekend off, so got to spend most of yesterday trapping the IVP on te new Clem
    Couple of things I was wondering though, was the Alouette removed completly, and is it just me or is the IVP easier to fly than the IVM?

Craig
    "Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee"

Sylvain,

Beautiful job. I recently discovered this plane and it is a real treat.

I had a question when looking around the virtual cockpit using the mouse. I usually have the space bar pressed and can view with the mouse but was unable to do in the cockpit. I know that the space bar is used to capture snapshots with the camera but is there a different key assignment for this so that I can continue to use the space bar for cockpit viewing using the mouse?

Thanks again for a beautifully crafted add-on

Hi!
    Here some answers to your questions...
    Quote Originally Posted by fallenphoenix1986 View Post
    Couple of things I was wondering though, was the Alouette removed completly, and is it just me or is the IVP easier to fly than the IVM?
    Alouette was removed because she generates crash for unkown reason...
    IVM and IVP have the same FDE, may be having a better view helps??

Quote Originally Posted by wallydog View Post
    I had a question when looking around the virtual cockpit using the mouse. I usually have the space bar pressed and can view with the mouse but was unable to do in the cockpit. I know that the space bar is used to capture snapshots with the camera but is there a different key assignment for this so that I can continue to use the space bar for cockpit viewing using the mouse?
    This side effect is known but so far I don't have other solution... Is there a way to use Space bar without neutralized it? I will dig it...

Regards,
    S.

Quote Originally Posted by wallydog View Post

Just a thought, have you tried either re-assigning the mouse look to a different key or a joystick button?

Dag
    Quote Originally Posted by sparouty View Post
    Dag I never give you the final word of our discussion on "adding reflection" on the ETD... I'm sorry of that... Actually, I had long talks with Michel, our former ETD pilot, and I never succeed in convince him to had such a map : ETD paint was shiny but not glossy...
    Moreover, after a couple of weeks on board with an important air activity, the paint became "satiny" and weathered...

Regards,
    Sylvain
    Fully accepted Sylvain, this aircraft is superb

Great, fantastic job. Many congratulations to the whole team of RFN.
    You have all my appreciation!!!

French Acceleration LSO voice?

I need French LSO voice!
    Can someone help me?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Dag
    A Super Mystere B2 to the same quality would be a dream come true :-P ?

I agree with Dag this add on is right up at the top of the list of the Best add ons for FSX. As a kid I used to think the IVM and P models the Etendard where a bit of an ugly duckling but its grown on me and the Clem Carrier is outstanding... I love all the little touches like the Deck crew and static aircraft. Thank you Sylvain and all those who helped you... a lot of fun.

Matt

There have been some page changes at the RFN website.
    The Etendard package, Etendard missions, and Clemenceau are now located here:

http://royalefrenchnavy.gratisim.fr/FSX_Creations.htm
    :ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    I need French LSO voice!
    Can someone help me?
    I found this in a discussion of one of the Etendard betas from last year:

The LSO's voice doesn't use the Etendard sound folder but dsd_xml_sound gauge and the Acceleration carrier mission sound files.
    Please check that your VHF sound light is on (close to the gear lever), and also that Clemenceau Tacan frequency is tuned on Nav2 with PHI mode set to "Tac".
    I don't know if that helps. If you want a French LSO voice you might have to install a French language copy of FSX. Those language files are probably commercial files copyrighted by Microsoft and shouldn't just be handed around.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    There have been some page changes at the RFN website.
    The Etendard package, Etendard missions, and Clemenceau are not located here:

http://royalefrenchnavy.gratisim.fr/FSX_Creations.htm
    You maybe meant "now" ....

Merci beaucoup, Sylvain
    P3D v4.5, DCS, AF2
    W10 64bit Pro
    Core i7 6770K @ 4,3 GHz
    32 GB DDR4 2666
    RTX 2080 Super 8 GB
    Oculus Rift S
    Cable 1000 Mbit/s

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    You maybe meant "now" ....
    Yea, thanks. Fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by sparouty View Post
    Just a little more Sylvain

We made a four ship on multiplayer last night and had a fantistic time. One of our team had worked out the Tacan setup and so we followed the needle to rendezvous with the Clemenceau and had the LSO talk us down [well, two of us got voice from the LSO and we have to work out why the other two didn't].

The carrier animations and launch setup are just superb. Love the way the canopy mists up and the drag chute works a treat too...

This model is definately deserving of an award or two - stunning work :salute:

Attachment 38697

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Torkington View Post
    well, two of us got voice from the LSO and we have to work out why the other two didn't
    Hi Dave,
    Thank you! We spent also a lot of time around the Clem flying in multiplayer sessions...
    For the LSO, check to have:
    - green radio button On (left panel)
    - PHI target selector on "Carrier" (aside the parking brake handle)
    - Tacan/Nav2 tuned on 110.0Mhz

This should be enough to ear the "charming" LSO voice...
    Ragards,
    Sylvain

PS : very nice scenery Dave : Nîmes-Garons is great!!

Members who have read this thread: 1