OT - What A Royal Wedding & Some Cool Airplanes Have In Common

Thread: OT - What A Royal Wedding & Some Cool Airplanes Have In Common

OT - What A Royal Wedding & Some Cool Airplanes Have In Common

Living here in the States I turned on the morning news and just happened to catch the royal wedding at the point where Prince William and Kate come out for their 'first kiss'. The cool part was when moments later, a Lancaster bomber flanked by a Hurricane and a Spit flew over, while the British commentator made note that these were the aircraft that kept Britain free in the dark days of 1940.

I just love seeing old warbirds fly.

Congrats to the Royal Couple and Great Britain on your day of celebration.

Congratulations to all our British friends on this day of celebration.

Seeing those warbirds fly past reminded me of the strong bond that exists between Great Britain and the United States and how much we have in common.

This is most definately a day to be enjoyed!
    Cheers :ernae:

Charter Member 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mal998 View Post
    Congratulations to all our British friends on this day of celebration.
    Yes because now its all over with we can get back to normanl and not have their mugs shoved in our faces every second and have something else on the news!
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Sorry you feel that way Stiz, you will learn as you get older that we do have a lot to be proud of in this Country.

Congratulations to the Royal Couple!

:salute::salute:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUejU69Q7_Y

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Charter Member 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Thompson View Post
    Sorry you feel that way Stiz, you will learn as you get older that we do have a lot to be proud of in this Country.
    Dont get me wrong i wish em all the best etc .. i'm just tired of hearing about it everywhere i go. If it had been a bit of coverage of the rehearsels, then the tv coverage today, then maybe a recap tomorrow then fine .. but its been pretty much non stop since it was announced.
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

I you read Kate's lips she appears to be saying "Oh look William, it's the A2A Supermarine Mk II with cannons".

Quote Originally Posted by stiz View Post
    Dont get me wrong i wish em all the best etc .. i'm just tired of hearing about it everywhere i go. If it had been a bit of coverage of the rehearsels, then the tv coverage today, then maybe a recap tomorrow then fine .. but its been pretty much non stop since it was announced.
    Stitz, I sympathize with you, but...

...I thank God for the wedding myself! At the very least it's allowed me to (so far at least) not have to endure hours and hours of folks blathering endlessly about my President's friggin birth certificate! :angryfir:
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

I didn't see it, but now knowing about the flyover, I may have liked to have just seen that bit.

It is a bit different in the UK, regarding the specific aircraft as seen in the flyover, as those that took part aren't privately owned warbirds, but are under the ownership/operation by the UK government, as part of the RAF's long-running Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, which is an active establishment of the RAF, using RAF pilots and crew. For this very reason, the British government honors their aviation/combat history a bit differently then here in the States, by preserving and flying these historic aircraft. The flyover seems fitting, with Prince William being an active serving member of the RAF himself.

I've also heard that the couple, unlike other members of the family, remained outside to take in the second return pass, which is a very nice gesture on their part!
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Charter Member 2011
    yup the RAF own the BBMF and keep the planes flying. Wish they'd put on more of a show, just 7 planes, with 3 being the BBMF. Suprised they didnt get the reds back for the weekend actually, guess thier to busy enduring the hardships of cyprus!

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post

...I thank God for the wedding myself! At the very least it's allowed me to (so far at least) not have to endure hours and hours of folks blathering endlessly about my President's friggin birth certificate! :angryfir:
    AGREED -

and I will add that it was a brilliant show - a tour de force of class, reserve, splendor, and courage...loved the Aston Martin convertible.

The Lady Dianna would have been proud of those two boys - and Catherine seems to be of the same quality.

Well Done, England
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

amen to that.....!

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    I you read Kate's lips she appears to be saying "Oh look William, it's the A2A Supermarine Mk II with cannons".
    That's funny
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

Charter Member 2015

I thought that had been sorted out???....

He's Irish!

At least you'd think that he was what with the impending visit here in a few weeks time!
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

If you boys think you got it bad, just imagine having to endure Donald Trumps ugly kisser every time you turn on the TV...nah, you don't have it nearly as bad as you think...

Say what you want boys, but the UK is the only other country I'd fight for besides the USA.:salute:Nice going Wills & Kate.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post

soooooo funny, she could easily have confused it with the RealAir one, she is after all only a woman.
    Running for cover now.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

The papparazzi wil keep Will and kate in our faces for years to come. It's not going away at all but just a beginning. At least she ain't bad to look at!!!!!

Jim

Charter Member 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by JAllen View Post
    The papparazzi wil keep Will and kate in our faces for years to come. It's not going away at all but just a beginning. At least she ain't bad to look at!!!!!

Jim

And neither is her sister!

Mmmmmm
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

We do this sort of thing so well. They looked great and I did fill up a couple of times.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    We do this sort of thing so well. They looked great and I did fill up a couple of times.
    likewise Roger, was a great day, weather held out, was great to see the royal family (Yes, i'm a royalist... )

Stiz, reds weren't there as you say as they are in Cyprus and they don't have their PDA as of yet (Public Display Authorization), i think that is this weekend they're set to get it...

again i think we can all say though... Congrats to HRH Prince William and Catherine Middleton, ladies....gentlemen.... raise your glasses... "To the happy couple and may almighty god bless their future together and God save the queen" :ernae:

Well said Smoothie

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stiz View Post
    Yes because now its all over with we can get back to normanl and not have their mugs shoved in our faces every second and have something else on the news!
    Not only did ALL the tv channels here in Australia have this boring show on but one even delayed their Friday Night Rugby League to bore us to death with some wedding of no consequence.

Add to that another problem we are experiencing here is some kid who has a strange effect on pre-teen and mid teen girls (Justin Boober I think his name is and comes from Canada). It appears his favourite colour is purple and these young girls dress in that colour and seem to go into spasms of raptourous screaming and fainting.

PLEASE GIVE US A BREAK!!!!

Cheers
    Pat

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Well Pat,
    You've made me close this thread. Good bloody luck to you mate!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine