Brand new EE lightning model for FSX
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brand new EE lightning model for FSX

Brand new EE lightning model for FSX

Hi all,

Just posting a thread to let anyone know that i have recently started an F6 Lightning for FSX. I visited Midland jet museum at Coventry to get all the external measurements to create a precise F6 lightning.

I will be making the F1a, F2a and the F3 plus a trainer.

Thats it for now but i will update as things progress.

Dave

Hi Dave, that sounds like a GOOD plan! It has been a while since David Hanvey and Paul Barry made the Alphasim series for FS9 (which still look fantastic, I am hoping your models will be just as spot on as theirs).

Quote Originally Posted by Dave(Dangerous)Boynton View Post
    Hi all,

Just posting a thread to let anyone know that i have recently started an F6 Lightning for FSX. I visited Midland jet museum at Coventry to get all the external measurements to create a precise F6 lightning.

Dave
    Great news, if you need assistance let me know:salute:

Charter Member 2015
    Yep...excellent news.
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

i have photos around here some place ill post them for you
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Thankyou for the offer of help if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus N210MS View Post
    i have photos around here some place ill post them for you
    Thankyou mate, they can go to add to the hundreds of detailed shots i have for this model project. all and any referance is always welcome.

I am not only aiming to please the community but myself as this is one of my all time favourite aircraft, i have been to Bruntingthorpe to watch them do power taxi runs down the runway and hopefully thunder city will start back up in cape town as i will be saving and taking a trip in a lightning from ground level vertical to space ...... ok not quite but damn close.

Dave

Icon5

This is great news indeed for such an iconic aircraft. I can hardly wait!!

Thankyou for the offer of help if needed.

Thankyou mate, they can go to add to the hundreds of detailed shots i have for this model project. all and any referance is always welcome.

I am not only aiming to please the community but myself as this is one of my all time favourite aircraft, i have been to Bruntingthorpe to watch them do power taxi runs down the runway and hopefully thunder city will start back up in cape town as i will be saving and taking a trip in a lightning from ground level vertical to space ...... ok not quite but damn close.

Dave

here you go

Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

That is great news!

Do you have 3-view drawings with cross-sections?

Andy

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by Airtrooper View Post
    That is great news!

Do you have 3-view drawings with cross-sections?

Andy
    Hi Andy,

Yeah i have the ones out of the sam publications book comprehensive guide for the modeller to give me a rough guideline.

Thankyou for the offer though.

Dave

have more books on the lightning than i have had hot dinners, lol.

Blog Entries
    That's something to look forward too!

Regards,
    Ian.

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Fantastic news! Nice to have so many versions!

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    Hi Dave, that sounds like a GOOD plan! It has been a while since David Hanvey and Paul Barry made the Alphasim series for FS9 (which still look fantastic, I am hoping your models will be just as spot on as theirs).
    Definitely a very tough act to follow. Wish you all the best in this endeavor. Looking forward to it.
    :ernae:

Hi Andy,

Yeah i have the ones out of the sam publications book comprehensive guide for the modeller to give me a rough guideline.

Thankyou for the offer though.

Dave

have more books on the lightning than i have had hot dinners, lol.
    High quality 3-views for you. Good luck

http://rapidshare.com/files/45697959...ng_3-views.rar

Greetings from Tobago

Hi all,

Dave
    Hi Dave
    I thought an native FSX model of such an iconic aircraft as the Lightning was long overdue ... so I stated to build one ,and now in my research I come across this thread ( and another by jetwelder) ,that shows we have all had the same idea :mixedsmi: ........so if you don't mind me asking ........... how's yours progressing ? is it worthwhile me carrying on , or am I soon going to be able to fly yours ?

Cheers
    Dave R

Charter Member 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by wingman111 View Post
    Hi Dave
    I thought an native FSX model of such an iconic aircraft as the Lightning was long overdue ... so I stated to build one ,and now in my research I come across this thread ( and another by jetwelder) ,that shows we have all had the same idea :mixedsmi: ........so if you don't mind me asking ........... how's yours progressing ? is it worthwhile me carrying on , or am I soon going to be able to fly yours ?

Cheers
    Dave R
    Just Flight are doing an F6... http://www.justflight.com/developProduct.asp?pid=638
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

And it's coming along quite well!

Attachment 58451Attachment 58454

Currently being put through its paces (in first beta form) on my PC and looking very promising, as can be seen above.

I'd almost given up hope of seeing one of these in FSX. It was quite common in the earlier versions of the sim, and I'm really looking forward to having an up-to-date version of one of my all time favourites.

Charter Member 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone View Post
    A VC shot or two would be nice.
    Jeez Bone...you've the memory of a goldfish! http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?61001

Apologies, didn't post a comprehensive set of images as I didn't want to take over the thread too much! Here is another of the VC:

Attachment 58455

Blog Entries
    Martyn, what sort of time frame are we talking for the release of the Lightning?

Regards,
    Ian.

This is awesome to see, particularly the trainer. For some reason I love the side-by-side trainer designs like this and the TF-102. There's something so cool, yet so wrong, about them.

Is this going to be commercial or freeware?

Members who have read this thread: 8