Nachtpiloten's Dornier 217E Sea Eagle Pack Uploaded at Beau'sCFS3 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nachtpiloten's Dornier 217E Sea Eagle Pack Uploaded at Beau'sCFS3

Ted

Nice set of aircraft Ted.

Yes they will be available for mission building and spawns.
    Didn't know if you would be able to find AirEd on the net so forwarded a copy to you via e-mail.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by NachtPiloten View Post
    They will be available for mission building??
    Game Rig(Nalu): AMD 4800+ 64x2, Asus A8N-SLI Premium, Silverstone 560W, 1Gx4 Corsair Twin2048, 2x Asus EN7900GTX SLI, 4xWD 74G 10Krpm Sata II RAID0, Audigy 4, Trackir4, ch pedals & yoke, db XPPro x64/Vista
    HTPC(BossHog): Intel P3.0GHz Prescott E, Asus P4P800-E Deluxe, Toughpower 700W, 1Gx2 Samsung DDR, AOpen 6600GT AGP, 2x80G IDESeagate Cavier RAID1, HighPoint Rocket Raid 2220, 6x 400G Sata Seagate Baracuda Raid5, 2x500g Seagate JBOD, XP Media Center 2005

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

Good.

I'll redo the airfiles.

I've read about the solution but I am reluctant to re-do the AIR files, having never attempted this before. Thanks all for your help.

they just lokk awasome, I'll have to download these ones!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Hello-ai_files

Just sent Beau the new ai files that remove the planes from the availability list in QC but allow mission builders access.

I did redo the airfiles but it did not solve the problem;the game still shut`s
    down on restart if I exit leaving one of these planes in QC.

There looks to be space for a weapons sighter in front of the pilot on some of the models, but all I am getting is a black box and no reticle. I think I am missing a dds file. Is the file I need in the "KMB repaints" that the install readme says is needed that is at the Reg's Hanger website?
    Could somebody direct me on this one? I was unable to locate anything called "KMB Repaints" at that site.
    Thanks.

Home for tea and tiffin! BeauBrummie's Avatar
    I've modified the Dornier download so that the aircraft pack includes the new .air files. There is also the option to download the .air file set alone if you already have the aircraft pack.

swpierce, as far as I'm aware all the textures needed came in the tk_shared folder. You'll have to wait for Ted to pick this up for sure, alas I'm only the host.

Beau

Check out my website for info on CFS3, the Mosquito, Coastal Command, Coastal Forces and hosting 3rd Party Add-Ons.
    BEAUBRUMMIE'S CFS3 WEBSITE
    The Mosquito DBKF DH98 PROJECT
    Check out my YouTube video's
    BEAU'S CFS3 MOVIES

Quote Originally Posted by swpierce View Post
    There looks to be space for a weapons sighter in front of the pilot on some of the models, but all I am getting is a black box and no reticle. I think I am missing a dds file. Is the file I need in the "KMB repaints" that the install readme says is needed that is at the Reg's Hanger website?
    Could somebody direct me on this one? I was unable to locate anything called "KMB Repaints" at that site.
    Thanks.
    Only the Do 217 U5FS, the Atlantic version has a need for the weapon sight for use by the pilot. The other planes were level bombers or as in the case of U5Nt a dive bomber. So the black box is correct. I'll send Beau the KMB files later today.

Quote Originally Posted by NachtPiloten View Post
    Only the Do 217 U5FS, the Atlantic version has a need for the weapon sight for use by the pilot. The other planes were level bombers or as in the case of U5Nt a dive bomber. So the black box is correct. I'll send Beau the KMB files later today.
    OK.
    Since everything looks great I must have the KMB files in there already from some other download.
    Thanks.

Aircraft External Lighting

Here is the external lighting positions for these new Do 217's:

<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_ac_Light_nav_green" PosX="9.55" PosY="0.7" PosZ="-.61" MinVel=".0001" MaxVel="80"/>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="ac_Light_nav_green_reflected" PosX="9.55" PosY="0.7" PosZ="-.61" MinVel=".0001" MaxVel="80"/>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_ac_Light_nav_red" PosX="-9.55" PosY="0.7" PosZ="-.61" MinVel=".0001" MaxVel="80"/>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="ac_Light_nav_red_reflected" PosX="-9.55" PosY="0.7" PosZ="-.61" MinVel=".0001" MaxVel="80"/>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_tail_light" PosX="3.1" PosY="1.95" PosZ="-9.8" MinVel=".0001" MaxVel="80"/>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_tail_light" PosX="-3.1" PosY="1.95" PosZ="-9.8" MinVel=".0001" MaxVel="80"/>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_ac_Light_landing" PosX="-7.25" PosY=".18" PosZ="-.46" MinVel=".0001" MaxVel="60"/>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_ac_Light_landing_effect" PosX="-7.25" PosY=".18" PosZ="-.46" MinVel=".0001" MaxVel="60"/>

First of all tank you for making this great pack the planes are really nice and I enjoy them :ernae:
    I am still having the problem of the game shutting down on restart if I leave a TK_217E in QC when I close a session. Am I the only one having this problem ? If so I will keep on looking for a solution.
    Do you have any idea where I should look ?
    Thank you for your help and keep on sending these great planes !!
    Cheers !

I think something is wrong with the pylons I have downloaded,because i am getting funny response with the ordnance.

-in the(3) 1000kg bomb ordnance pack,the under wing bombs only release if the bomb door bay is open and then the right wing bomb leaves at the same time as the internal bomb.

-in the(6) 500kg bomb ordnance pack,the under wing bombs only release if the bomb bay door is open.

-in the drop_tank+4(500kg) bomb ordnance pack the drop tanks only leave if the bomb bay door is open.

-in the 1800 kg bomb ordnance pack the 1800kg bomb drops true the closed bomb bay door.

-in the 1800 kg + 2(1000kg) bombs ordnance pack only one bomb appears,the 1800kg bomb drops true the closed bomb bay door.

Is there an alternate pylons file ?:isadizzy:

Opps!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gosd View Post
    I think something is wrong with the pylons I have downloaded,because i am getting funny response with the ordnance.

-in the(3) 1000kg bomb ordnance pack,the under wing bombs only release if the bomb door bay is open and then the right wing bomb leaves at the same time as the internal bomb.

-in the(6) 500kg bomb ordnance pack,the under wing bombs only release if the bomb bay door is open.

-in the drop_tank+4(500kg) bomb ordnance pack the drop tanks only leave if the bomb bay door is open.

-in the 1800 kg bomb ordnance pack the 1800kg bomb drops true the closed bomb bay door.

-in the 1800 kg + 2(1000kg) bombs ordnance pack only one bomb appears,the 1800kg bomb drops true the closed bomb bay door.

Is there an alternate pylons file ?:isadizzy:
    Well, CFS3 has several different types of pylons. In order to have internal bombs you must designate it as such. When you do you must open the bombay doors in order to release the bombs. (well that is my very limited understanding) I'll search around to see why the 1800 drops thru, it shouldn't but I am NOT an expert at xdps and the guy who use to do them is NOT doing cfs3 anymore (well at least not now). I'll make a few contacts to see if I can get some help.

Just something more to learn about the game.

Quote Originally Posted by gosd View Post
    First of all tank you for making this great pack the planes are really nice and I enjoy them :ernae:
    I am still having the problem of the game shutting down on restart if I leave a TK_217E in QC when I close a session. Am I the only one having this problem ? If so I will keep on looking for a solution.
    Do you have any idea where I should look ?
    Thank you for your help and keep on sending these great planes !!
    Cheers !

gosd,
    the reason your game ctd's when you have the new Dornier selected will almost certainly be the sound file, you need to change the sound file for the stock Ju 88, or from any other model you know that works!

Can't help you with the pylon issue sorry!
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

Thank you Bravo/4 this solved the QC issue!
    Cheers !

Hate to be the contrarian, but after changing the sound CFG to the standard Ju88 sound, there is still a CTD if the game exits with the DO217 as the last aircraft. Seems like a pylons issue to me. The other thread on this issue seems to point to that.

On another note, when starting a FF with the DO217 at altititude, the nose immediately drops (although it can be corrected). I guess this represents the aeordynamics of the plane but you have to be alert to it.

Quote Originally Posted by wsmwsm View Post
    Hate to be the contrarian, but after changing the sound CFG to the standard Ju88 sound, there is still a CTD if the game exits with the DO217 as the last aircraft. Seems like a pylons issue to me. The other thread on this issue seems to point to that.

On another note, when starting a FF with the DO217 at altititude, the nose immediately drops (although it can be corrected). I guess this represents the aeordynamics of the plane but you have to be alert to it.

wsmwsm
    Yes, your right there is a pylon issue, it's being fixed,:mixedsmi: not sure on the nose dropping issue?
    John

Keep it coming!

Nose drop

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo/4 View Post
    wsmwsm
    Yes, your right there is a pylon issue, it's being fixed,:mixedsmi: not sure on the nose dropping issue?
    Well that is an airfile issue. I can compensate for that a bit. Man you guys are picky!!! :costumes::costumes::costumes::costumes::costumes:

Hey, I'm on your side!:costumes:
    John

Keep it coming!

Quote Originally Posted by wsmwsm View Post

PM me with your email address and I will send you an updated .air file

DO-217 Dowload at BeauBrummies Site Sea Eagles

When trying to Download the Planes, an error message comes up saying file not found, unavailable. ect. Other planes can be downloaded but the DO-217s can't. I would like to get these planes if possible. You can get the E4 and E5 versions at Sim-Outhouse but that's all . I have the other DO-217 Later Versions from the regshanger site though.

Link

Yes I think a few links are broken over there now. Can't get the some of the Coastal Command Planes. E4 and E5 give a few days and I will upload ones with revised airfiles so they actually takeoff in 600-800 meters as they were designed to. When all up they will go about 1000 meters however.

Ignore this bottom post

Did not mean to send it