CR-1 Ford Tri-motor Released!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CR-1 Ford Tri-motor Released!

Exclamation CR-1 Ford Tri-motor Released!

No longer a WIP, the Trimotor is now available at the CR-1 storefront:
    http://cr1-software.com/addons/ford-trimotor/

Screenshots on the above page, so go take a look!

• 3DMax model
    • Multi-layer textures with enhanced shading
    • Animated pilot and co-pilot
    • Full exterior animation suite, including gear flex and shock absorbers
    • Full interior cockpit animation suite
    • Land version models
    • Float version models
    • Passenger carrier models
    • Cargo carrier models
    • Airline pilots
    • Civilian pilots
    • Fully modeled cargo load – float cargo and land cargo versions
    • Excellent air file that represents the real Ford Trimotor flying characteristics
    • Opening passenger door
    • Opening emergency exit
    • Opening luggage compartment- underside of wings
    • Click and open interior window
    • Full interior and exterior VC lighting and nav lighting
    • Painters kit
    • Excellent sound suite
    • XML 3D gauge suite
    • 7 models
    • Nine liveries
    • Full Documentation suite – historical, knee pad and reference manuals
    • Easy and robust installer software to get you going

$29.95 USD

Also available at other retailers over the next few days.

Rob

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Very pretty!

Looks like great attention to detail, inside and out.

Congrat's awesome modelling details. It's a classic!
    Anneke

Attachment 33311Attachment 33310Attachment 33309CR1 - this is just stunning. I could not resist this old bird. What a classic!
    Attachment 33308

It's gorgeous! I was lucky enough to beta test this so I'm biased but if you love the old iron you will like this.

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Really really nice:ernae:. The little details are outstanding. The big details ain't bad either.

The site says it needs a powerful computer to get the best from it.

I have a Quad Q6700 @ 2.67GHz, with 4Gb of RAM, & an NVidia GForce 9500GS. Will that cut the mustard does anyone know?

I hope so as I am sorely tempted!

You have a similar set up to me and I can fly it ok. I have the Q6600 overclocked to 3.3 gig but even so your rig should manage it.
    SYSTEM :
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler

one little niggle

Loving this model, but I have one little niggle. It seems to sit too high and forward on the floats as seen in this image. What in the config file would one adjust to lower the water line and pitch the aircraft toward the back?

dAttachment 33347

She sure looks purty Tom. A great classic endeavor.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Loving this model, but I have one little niggle. It seems to sit too high and forward on the floats as seen in this image. What in the config file would one adjust to lower the water line and pitch the aircraft toward the back?

dAttachment 33347
    I'll ask the question dvj.
    It doesn't seem to sit that high with my model?

Here's some more screenshots of the floater....

SYSTEM :

dAttachment 33347
    I don't have this plane yet, but might it be a fuel load / payload distribution issue?
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

Quote Originally Posted by tommieboy View Post
    I don't have this plane yet, but might it be a fuel load / payload distribution issue?
    Regardless of payload or distribution the rudders never touch the water and the aircraft holds the same position on water. Here is the only archive photo I could find on the web of the actual aircraft on floats. If there was a way to adjust this myself, I'd like to experiment with it.

Attachment 33517

Regardless of payload or distribution the rudders never touch the water and the aircraft holds the same position on water. Here is the only archive photo I could find on the web of the actual aircraft on floats. If there was a way to adjust this myself, I'd like to experiment with it.

Attachment 33517
    Hi DVJ,

Nice pic of this classic and yes, I agree with all that this is a gorgeous rendition of it !

You might want to try this on for size and see if it matches your pic more closely...

point.2= 4, -14.10, 8.85, -8.75, 2800, 0, 0, 0.0, 0.5, 1.0, 0.7, 0.0, 0.0, 3, 0, 0
    point.3= 4, -14.10, -8.85, -8.75, 2800, 0, 0, 0.0, 0.5, 1.0, 0.7, 0.0, 0.0, 2, 0, 0

I have underlined the two changes that I made to better suit my taste. I know, some people are tweak addicts...
    There are only 3 settings which handle the location of each contact point (there are 4) of the float on water.
    - number 4 determines what type of wheel, ski or float the plane is wearing (don't touch that).
    - "-14.10" places the contact point forward or aft of the CG.
    - "8.85 or -8.85" places the contact point left or right of the CG.
    - "-8.75" determines the height over or below the CG.

I have taken two shots of the plane as it moves up or down sitting in the water. The float rudder makes contact with the water in both cases...

Hoping this will get you moving in the right direction with your experimenting.

BTW, make a copy first of your aircraft CFG just to be on the safe side if you want to go back to square one...

Cheers,

Fleurdelys

Quote Originally Posted by fleurdelys View Post
    Hi DVJ,

Nice pic of this classic and yes, I agree with all that this is a gorgeous rendition of it !

You might want to try this on for size and see if it matches your pic more closely...

point.2= 4, -14.10, 8.85, -8.75, 2800, 0, 0, 0.0, 0.5, 1.0, 0.7, 0.0, 0.0, 3, 0, 0
    point.3= 4, -14.10, -8.85, -8.75, 2800, 0, 0, 0.0, 0.5, 1.0, 0.7, 0.0, 0.0, 2, 0, 0

I have underlined the two changes that I made to better suit my taste. I know, some people are tweak addicts...
    There are only 3 settings which handle the location of each contact point (there are 4) of the float on water.
    - number 4 determines what type of wheel, ski or float the plane is wearing (don't touch that).
    - "-14.10" places the contact point forward or aft of the CG.
    - "8.85 or -8.85" places the contact point left or right of the CG.
    - "-8.75" determines the height over or below the CG.

I have taken two shots of the plane as it moves up or down sitting in the water. The float rudder makes contact with the water in both cases...

Hoping this will get you moving in the right direction with your experimenting.

BTW, make a copy first of your aircraft CFG just to be on the safe side if you want to go back to square one...

Cheers,

Fleurdelys

YAHOO! That fixed it. Big Thank you to Ferurdleys!

For those of you who fell in love with this beauty, you might want to have a look at the original from YouTube !
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJlOrmQ2vRA

This one is about the startup sequence, but there are many others taken in and out, and flying in the plane...

The following tweak will enable you to manually follow the startup sequence as seen in the video...

I didn't invent any of it; just red through the manual...

1. Each engine can be individually selected with the following controls : e+1 (right), e+2 (center) and e+3 (left). You can select one, two or three at a time, and in fact, after startup, you must get them back all in line or you'll be flying on a limb... : e+1+2+3.
    The sequencing is easy as you press e and then press the number of the engine that you select.

2. Select the center engine (e+2) first ! Get the mixture to rich (ctrl+shift+F3) and keep that selection pressed for at least 5 seconds to get the lever up to 100%. Crack up the engine a bit by pressing twice on F3 (this gives it a little gas to start the engine up). Then startup the engine by pressing down M++ (read M and the + sign on the board) and leave it there for one second to get it fully started...

3. Now that you've got the first engine running, select the left one (e+3) and do the same...

4. Now get the right engine running by first selecting it (e+1) and repeat the above sequences...

5. After getting all three engines running, make a selection of all 3 engines (e+1+2+3) to get them working as a single unit. Make sure that all the fuel mixtures are up (3 little levers almost hidden behind the wheel).

This startup sequence can either be done inside the VC or from the outside as we make use of the board exclusively.

For the "greens" among you who want to save up on gas, you might want to taxi using the center engine only...
    Just remember to get all three engines online after (e+1+2+3) doing any of the above to make sure that you have all three running as a unit when you fly...

Enjoy this gorgeous beauty,

Fleurdelys

Hi Trimotor-Friends,

if somebody is interested in this painting, I load this up to FLIGHTSIM.
    But attention, it is fictitious. In Switzerland only flew Fokker F VII.

Cheers Baernhard

Attachment 33950Attachment 33951Attachment 33952

Thanks baernhard,
    I'll take that Swiss paint!

Thanks,

Roger.
    SYSTEM :

SOH-CM-2024
    That is sublime is it not Roger?

Thanks Baernhard,

Downloading it now !

Fleurdelys

I cannot locate the link for this paint. Can someone put a direct link for this?

Thanks!
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Quote Originally Posted by flaviossa View Post
    I cannot locate the link for this paint. Can someone put a direct link for this?

Thanks!
    I've searched Flightsim too and can't find it?
    SYSTEM :

Ask patience, please. It was uploaded yesterday. In the course of the day it is available.

Thanks, Baernhard.

Members who have read this thread: 5