Feathering Around Panel Lines

Thread: Feathering Around Panel Lines

Feathering Around Panel Lines

Brian,
    Using Paintshop Pro 8, how do you lighten from the line to the solid color of the panel?
    Bob
    "These Blockbuster Bombs don't go off unless you hit them JUST right". "Agent Provacateur".

I'm not the Brian you are looking for, probably, but:

Duplicate to your panel line layer, invert it (make the lines white), apply gaussian blur (quite a bit), move it under your panel lines, but above your base color. That should give you a gentle gradual lightening on your panel leading to the panel lines. With a large blur, it should be pretty subtle. Is that what you are trying to do, though?

Brian

Brian,
    I believe you hit the nail on the head. I will give it a try and get back.
    Thank you, Sir,
    Bob
    "These Blockbuster Bombs don't go off unless you hit them JUST right". "Agent Provacateur".

Quote Originally Posted by AckAck View Post
    Duplicate to your panel line layer, invert it (make the lines white), apply gaussian blur (quite a bit), move it under your panel lines, but above your base color. That should give you a gentle gradual lightening on your panel leading to the panel lines. With a large blur, it should be pretty subtle. Is that what you are trying to do, though?

Brian
    This sounds like a great idea. I'll definitely give it a go. This forum is a really useful tool for all of us would-be skinners.

Cheers,

PomBee.:ernae:

Members who have read this thread: 0