Grumman Duck RELEASED (Finally)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grumman Duck RELEASED (Finally)

icarus

Grumman Duck RELEASED (Finally)

The Grumman J2F Duck (company designation G-15) was an American single-engine amphibious biplane. The J2F was an equal-span single-bay biplane with a large monocoque central float which also housed the retractable main landing gear. It had strut-mounted stabiliser floats beneath each lower wing. A crew of two or three were carried in tandem cockpits, forward for the pilot and rear for an observer with room for a radio operator if required. It had a cabin in the fuselage for two passengers or a stretcher.

The Duck's main pontoon was blended into the fuselage, making it almost a flying boat despite its similarity to a conventional landplane which has been float-equipped. This configuration was shared with the earlier Loening OL, Grumman having acquired the rights to Loening's hull, float and undercarriage designs. The aircraft was used by both the United States Navy and United States Coast Guard, with the latter using them as utility aircraft for missions including mapping, rescue work, photography, and a target training.

FSX / FSX-SP1-SP2/ FSX-Acceleration

Our models builded with fsx sdk are also extremely frames (fps) friendly

Product Features:
    FSX NATIVE SDK MODEL
    New seven highly detailed model built NATIVE FSX SDK included Tailhook version.
    Stunning dynamic virtual cockpit, complete with standard FsX features
    New fully animated vintage Pilot + completely animated rear gunner
    Mini panel and virtual cockpiT with pop-ups for GPS,starter procedure.
    Original Engine sounds
    18 accurate historical skins
    Four Airfield WWII scenery with 50 new objects
    Seven flights
    Virtual cockpit fully clickable
    All appropriate FsX features and animations included
    Documents with Installation tutorial
    Complete Manual with addictional informations

GRUMMAN DUCK - ONLINE STORE LINK

Thank you Icarus!
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

Downloading now
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

icarus
    i am sending the activation key now to the(many) buyers sorry for waitness of few minutes.

Ok sent keys to all actually.

Loving it already and I haven't installed the flights yet!

SYSTEM :
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler

icarus
    Loving it already and I haven't installed the flights yet!
    happy that you like, i suggest to install flights there is a lot of fun inside, so rembering an old post from you, another biplane.

Great airplane. But when I try the flights, none of the scenery shows. The instructions indicate to activate the "Addon Scenery" folder. Where is it? I have FSX SP2 Acceleration.
    John
    ATC USN Ret

icarus
    hi, there is the manual and the installation instruction explaining it just inside the zip file downloaded...you have to copy manually the content of the Flight Simulator X files folder inside the Grumman_J2F folder and copy into your Flight Simulator X

usually located into c:/My Documents/name's computer/Flight Simulator X

unfortunately vista, seven and xp have different location so it wasn't possible to add to setup , but as wrote there is all explained into the two documents one is installation instructions.doc and the other one is Grumman Duck Manual.pdf(all into the zip file downloaded just check in)

icarus
    Great airplane. But when I try the flights, none of the scenery shows. The instructions indicate to activate the "Addon Scenery" folder. Where is it? I have FSX SP2 Acceleration.
    How to activate the scenery, remeber also to have autogen ans scenery complexity at least on Normal

hope is all ok now.

I don't have the "Addon scenery" listed to activate it. Where do I find it in FSX so I can activate it? I have all the flights loaded okay.
    John
    ATC USN Ret

icarus
    check the first screenshot. click settings-scenery library- you will find at the right menu " ADD AREA" add the Addon scenery folder, that's it...

not to worry, the add-on folder is activated by default.

the scenery bgls are in the add-on scenery/scenery folder, right where they are supposed to be.

icarus
    yes infact, perhaps is a problem autogen and complexity scenery level not on NORMAL.(or superior level)

Quote Originally Posted by jojohnson9 View Post
    Thanks for helping me get my head back on. I was having a severe "senior moment" for awhile.
    I'll go to Icarus's forum but will also point it out here.....I have no flap movement in outside views. The flap gauge operates and the plane responds. Heck, I didn't know the "Duck" had flaps.
    John
    ATC USN Ret

icarus
    duck in some version didn't had the flaps...i have choiced to have a working flaps but without be visible, also for a polycount limit i have used for the animated rear gunner...so it's normal as it should be...flaps works and there a low instrument to check level but are not visible.

feel free to ask help

Just to advise people using full realism settings...duck didn't like the level GENERAL only on landing on water and turning ..all others level as TORQUE, etc.. can be used...while on normal fly it tolerates GENERAL Level.

If someone want two more skins i can do..i just find two ones i missing...one is about radio operator and another one from Argentina that used the Duck

[I'll go to Icarus's forum but will also point it out here]

IF you have troubles there are many ways, our forum, the Submit ticket or Messenger and also REMOTE ASSISTANCE eventually.

icarus
    i have modified a screenshot for the flaps checking

argentina's duck

icarus
    i saw a post from Helldiver about winter island in salem and interested me to build a us base there...i find this image...it is this one, correct?

I am answering to myself yes...there is google i find this website about historical uscg base

http://www.uscg.mil/history/stations/airsta_salem.asp

icarus
    ok i will build nes skins mal

Hi Icarus,
    I wasn't trying to suggest more work for you or criticize the work you have done.

On the contrary, I am happy and grateful for the work you put in on the Duck, and happy to have this package. If you had not built this plane, we probably never would have seen it in FSX.

Your package is very generous with the amount of different models and paint schemes.

I only meant it is interesting to see what other people come up with in the way of new and different paint schemes.

Thank you again for a spendid package!

icarus
    Many thanks...for words and support that give me the few people to continue, is thanks to you and others buying if i can continue ...also if sales generated actually are not enought to support many RARE aircrafts...if with the next models those are the numbers i think i am enforced to build famous aircrafts too. I wanted start A supermarine Waulrus but actually i have stopped the project.

when i read someone talking about the price...i think is very low considering seven models and skins and 4 sceneries various effects and flights with features never seen on others pack all togethere. There is to play for a month before finish.

thanks for all buyers.

icarus
    if some repainters will buy and ask for a paint kit i can made one.

about another release i am working now on the Fieseler 156 to release..there will a complete pack also there with 20 skins sceneries new objects, airfields, flights, etc.i will be out around 15th february.

The Walrus would be an excellent subject for FSX!

hi ,,,love the duck,,looking frward to that 156,,,im not sure what a walrus even is...thanks again for a great plane

Walrus...Yes please!
    SYSTEM :

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    hi ,,,love the duck,,looking frward to that 156,,,im not sure what a walrus even is...thanks again for a great plane
    Supermarine Walrus