A Different Breed Of Spitfire

Thread: A Different Breed Of Spitfire

A Different Breed Of Spitfire

After seeing all the screenies of A2A's great looking new Spitfire I had to take the one I own up for a spin. A look at the MkI's younger sister.

RealAir's Mk.IX and XIV will still without doubt see many, many more flying hours on my machine - I especially adore the contra-rotating prop variants of the RealAir XIV - like a jet on take off (no torque effect) and tremendously fast yet benign...go, go, go!
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Blog Entries
    I'll second that. The I-V models have been done to death. Give me a Griffon ... two props ... and a bubble top ... !

Yes, the RA XVI is the definative FSX late model Spit, to be sure! Hope a 22/24 comes along some day, or a Seafire F Mk 47 ...

dl

Didn't quite escape.
    I still fly the RAS Mk.IX a lot, when I'm nosing around or just want to have some fun. I don't tend to fly the Griffons as much, I prefer Merlins, but they certainly won't be totally sidelined by the Accu-Sim Spit, that's for sure.

Ian P.

Agreed, still an outstanding model.