Didn't want to start this thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Didn't want to start this thread

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries

Didn't want to start this thread

Hi everyone,
    I was hoping to not have to start this thread, but I believe it's time.
    My mom is in critical condition in ICU. Has been for the past few days.
    The doctors believe she has ARDS and I just received the phone call saying they may have to put on a ventilator. She's 81 and this is looking more and more like this is it.
    I've been with her everyday driving back and forth. She's about an hour away.
    Very hard to watch. Right now she's on a pressurized oxygen mask. Last step before going to a ventilator. It makes it very difficult for her to communicate with us. Right now I'm waiting for my wife to get done with work and off we go again. My two oldest brothers are there with her and my other brother is flying in tonight.

I guess I'm just asking those of you who believe in God and the power of prayer for your prayers. Her name is Mary Alice.

We just are praying for her peace and for her to be comfortable. She is a very faith filled woman as is our whole family. All the preparations for after are already in place.
    It's all in God's hands now.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Tom I am really sorry to hear this, my thoughts go out to you.
    Look What I Have Become!

Very sorry to hear this. prayers out for you and your mom.
    JohnH_049

SOH-CM-2024
    Prayers out for you Tom. been with my mom this morning at the doc's. Not as bad as your situation friend, simply duty.

Caz

Tom..i hope things go the way they should for her sake...you and your family need prayers and well wishes too...i wish all of you well and godspeed

...Tom,...my thoughts and prayers will go out to your mom,...Mary Alice.
    ..."He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" -Jim Elliot

I will of course add your mom's needs to my daily prayer cycle.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Tom

You have my thoughts and prayers as well.

Tim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

my prayers are with you and your Mom

Tom ,having lost both my parents I know what your going through,just take some comfort in the fact that whatever the outcome she is in Gods hands.

Tom your mom will certainly be in our prayers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tom, all my prayers and best wishes, keep the faith, support her and your family the best you can that is all anyone can hope to do!
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

Tom, very sorry to hear about your Mom's condition. We'll keep her in our thoughts and prayers.

Retired SOH Administrator
    Tom I feel for you and it also is very stressful to watch something like this and you can't do one thing to help.My prayers are with you and your family.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Asus Rampage Extreme Motherboard /EVGA AR GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 Bit GDDR3 /Corsair 8gig XMS DDR3/Intel Core 2 Extreme QX 9770 Yorkfield OCed 4.2 LGA 775/136W Quad Core / Water Cooled/ 2 WD Raptor 150gig 10,000 rpm Drives in Raid O Mode/WD Raptor 150gig internal back up/400 gig External WD back up Drive/Thermaltake 1200 Watt PS/Sony Dual Layer DVD RD/RW/Plextor DVD/RW/ Thermaltake Kandalf Tower/ Sound Blasters X-FI Platinum / X52 Pro

Warm fuzzies headed your way Tom...
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Tom, I too have lost both my parents. Although my father went first and was the hardest for me, when Mothers are in this condition, it just breaks my heart. They give of themselves their whole life, loving, nurturing, teaching, doctoring, encouraging, and the list goes on. Then the time comes when we must reflect on all the wonderful things she brought into our lives, and try hard to remember when she was young and vibrant. She has come a long way in 81 years, seen a lot, done a lot, given a lot, and run the good race, fought the good fight, and it is near time for her rewards. Cherish the memories, tell her you love her, and appreciate her for all the love she shared, and for all the labours borne. It is time to be proud for her journey, for her contributions, and for all the love she shared. Shower her with loving rewards, share your sweetest memories with her, thank her for all she has meant to you and family. Say it now, say it lovingly, say it quietly. Relish the time you have, share the love. Bless you all.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Tom, My thoughts are with you in what can only be an incredibly difficult time. Best wishes to both you and your Mom. LA

Damm... so much for 2011 being better than 2010.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Prayers from here too!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I will keep Mary Alice and your family in my prayers. May od help you all through this time

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone.
    Mom is at peace now.
    She decided she'd had enough and didn't want to fight anymore.
    We were all there except one brother who was on a plane coming home.
    She bravely and faithfully and very peacefully met her maker at 6:30 this evening.
    I'd like to really thank all of you who responded and for your prayers.
    I'm sure that they helped.

Tom

Blog Entries
    Your family will be in our prayers Tom
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Thoughts and prayers go out to you.

Blog Entries
    you have my deepest and most heartfelt condolences tom. You and your family will remain in my prayers also..
    Pam

Tom, I pray that God will give you and your family the strength and love you need to face the coming days. Even though it's hard, I'm sure she is in a much better place now where there is no pain or suffering.

Darrell

My thoughts are with you and with her. Peace.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery