New Years Blues

Thread: New Years Blues

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries

New Years Blues

Morning all and Happy New Year.
    Was flying a bit this morning in my new Iris PC-9 in one of my favorite areas, my Flightzone Portland scenery. Was flying along for a while with everything fine when all of a sudden I see what looks like a giant city/wall in the sky. It would go away if I looked a certain way but come right back if I looked in it's general direction.

I tried going to a different plane, staring flight over, all with the same results.
    Now I've had this scenery for quite a long time and have never had any issues with it.
    The Iris model is new for me, but I don't think that's the problem. I could be wrong though.

I haven't updated my video driver in a long time and haven't needed to. In fact I've heard that the newer drivers for my card were worse than the old ones so I've kept the older one.
    I did try going to a different area of the country and had no problems. And this was the first time trying out the "new" PC-9 in the Portland area. But I don't see why I would still have the same problem with a different aircraft?

Not how I was hoping to start off the new year.

Maybe a scenery issue, have you try'd reinstalling the scenery?

cheers ian

Blog Entries
    Hello Tom,
    If you get a chance, would you post a screen shot of this please?
    You might take a look at your Display Settings. If the box for "Ground scenery casts shadows" is checked, try running the sim with it unchecked. That setting may not be the cause of the problem but it may offer a temporary fix.

John

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    I may have fixed it. A while back I tried reinstalling Abacus' Aircraft Collector's Edition.
    I've never been able to get it to install right and never cared that much for the planes but thought I would try again. Had the same problems and I manually uninstalled the aircraft because the last time I used the uninstall part it started uninstalling/deleting my scenery!
    Well, last night I installed a recipe CD and I noticed that when I went to install that, up came this little window with Abacus in the words and it kept coming back as fast as I could click it away. Almost like a virus. I finally got it to stop. Then I went flying. That's when the trouble started with the flight sim. I ran a scan of my flight sim install and it showed no problems.
    Then I thought, well, let's try uninstalling that Abacus program one more time (gulp).
    The uninstall went fine. Tried out the sim in the suspect area (with a different plane though) and had no issues. Haven't had time to try it out again yet. Part of me is scared to! Got it working, now run away!
    It's been a rough day today (Mom's in the hospital) and I just need some relaxing time. No more head aches today. Will try flying again tomorrow.

Tom

I can't offer any help on your sim issues, but I can offer prayers for your Mom.

Tim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Tim

I wish you and your mom all the best! Keeping my fingers crossed over here.

Sascha