Korean War Mustangs Project - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Korean War Mustangs Project

Quote Originally Posted by Stratobat View Post

Slightly unrelated but if anybody is interested in reading a book on the SAAF in Korea, "South Africa's Flying Cheetahs in Korea" by Dermot Moore & Peter Bagshawe (ISBN: 1-874800-15-4) is a pretty good read.
    In a similar vein, I'd recommend 'With the Yanks in Korea Vol 1 1950-51' by Brian Cull & Dennis Newton, one of Grub Street's excellent publications and dealing with British and Commonwealth involvement in the air war in Korea. Along with other things it covers the RAAF, SAAF, RCAF, and RAF pilots seconded to US forces.

Cheers
    BuV

Hey Seagull,

Thank you for the link

Hey BuV,

In a similar vein, I'd recommend 'With the Yanks in Korea Vol 1 1950-51' by Brian Cull & Dennis Newton, one of Grub Street's excellent publications and dealing with British and Commonwealth involvement in the air war in Korea. Along with other things it covers the RAAF, SAAF, RCAF, and RAF pilots seconded to US forces.
    Looks like an interesting book. Thank you

The only reference I find to a Volume Two though is that it hasn't been published yet. Is that correct?

Regards,
    Stratobat
    'If the literal sense makes good sense, seek no other sense lest you come up with nonsense'

Quote Originally Posted by Stratobat View Post
    Hey BuV,

Looks like an interesting book. Thank you

The only reference I find to a Volume Two though is that it hasn't been published yet. Is that correct?

Regards,
    Stratobat
    That's right, Stratobat. If I were you I wouldn't hold your breath. Grub Street's books are usually excellent but they are often way behind schedule for publication. Still, better late than never!

Cheers
    BuV

Just Flight Sabre Vs Mig & Korean Combat have landed in my Post Office Box, still available at:-
    http://www.justflight.com/flightSimA...t=All+Products

Some nice low prices as well !!!!!!!

Will need to have a good look and do some "flight testing" along with the excellent Fox4 work, obviously with some new Mustangs added in. Should look good with some newer aircraft models substituted in.

Might need to do some extra campaigns/missions.

Anyone seen a decent paint scheme for a Polikarpov Po-2 in North Korean markings ?

SOH-CM-2013
    Madison County, Iowa (3rd Corn Patch On The Left)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagull V View Post
    ...Anyone seen a decent paint scheme for a Polikarpov Po-2 in North Korean markings ?...
    Will This work ?

Attachment 25971

And try this link for detail info:

http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/showthread.php?t=38776

SC

"...And, When I died, They washed me out of the turret with a hose..."

Very nice Russian example. Soviets used them for night-time raids on the Germans, something the NKs did as well against the UN forces - Bedcheck Charlies.
    http://www.kp-models.com/catalogue/m...in_korean_war/

Looking at what other aircraft were used that can be added to the KW list.

Have not seen too much about the NK use of the PO-2 but often heard of them being referred to. Did it have the stock soviet green colour, camo, or painted black, if it was black was it a full coat or streaky/patchy. Makes it a bit harder that it operated at night-time so colour photos are a bit harder to find. Could do a patchy black coloured PO-2 with assumed locations of North Korean markings as a what if.

One of these CFS2 version ?
    http://forums.flightsim.com/vbfs/sho...olikarpov-PO-2

FS2004 Polikarpov Po-2 in four variants and different paints. VC only, no 2D panel. By Ralf Kreibich.
    http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=133427

Morton also did a lovely CFS2 version with 4 Soviet skins of the FS2004 Polikarpov Po-2 (U-2) Original author - V. Zhyhulskiy
    but I have not seen a North Korean skin for it. ChrisN also did a conversion as well.