T-38 VC images, and other Milviz updates 7 Dec, 2010
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: T-38 VC images, and other Milviz updates 7 Dec, 2010

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries

T-38 VC images, and other Milviz updates 7 Dec, 2010

Good evening ladies and gents. Has been awhile since I have posted an official update here, but behind the scenes like always we have been pushing things forward pretty well. I will start off by saying the F-15E Alpha is progressing, and we are working on build V5 now. Still not quite ready for the limelight, but most likely in a build cycle or 2 we will start putting more and more out. The testers are definately eager to share this aircraft with everyone. On the T-38 front we have just recieved the VC back from painting (as a matter of fact I only saw it just a few minutes ago). I must say to me it looks very impressive, and by far our best VC yet. You all can be the judge of that for yourselves though as after all they are only renders. Bernt has been working very hard on the FDE, so once the model is finished with paint it will all be merged together and we will start Alpha testing that. With all of that in mind, and the end of the year around the corner we at Milviz want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, and a happy New Year!! While I will be around of course I think this will be the last official Milviz post until after the start of 2011 (might be a suprise thrown in you never know, but looking at what we have going on right now I think we will be deep in development for a few weeks).

Before I get to the screens I would like to touch off on a personal point while I have everyones attention. Also as a fellow customer in our community I have not seen it touched on over here (maybe I missed it), but PMDG have released their paper manuals for the upcoming 737NGX. I am HIGHLY excited about this as I have their MD-11X, and look very forward to the NG release. Just wanted to let everyone here know in case you missed it! I know most of you might care less about tubeliners, but I am sure there are some like me who like to mix it up every once and awhile. So now without further delay here are the screens of the upcoming Milviz T-38A!

Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

Videre Vincere Est

SWEET!:salute:

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

Holy cow, that looks outstanding!

Oh Yes!!!

You guys are doing it Big, I cant wait for this Bird, Aswell as the f-15`s in the Works!!!

Keep up the good Work gents!!

:salute::salute::salute:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    Oh yea, baby!!!

Looks simply amazing. Well done.:salute:

Uh just one point. these are NOT renders. This is exactly what the model looks like in max and, therefore, what it will look like in FSX. Poly count is well under 160K.

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Don't have the T-38 in FSX yet. We are still waiting to recieve the fuselage from paint. Bernt has been using a random aircraft to work on the FDE until the models were finished. Not to far behind this A model the C model should be coming back from paint as well.. F-15E is looking good though. Just trying to get all the systems working the way they should, and ironing out bugs. Still working on adding features to the F-15 so. The T-38A will be a smoother process due to its simplicity, and it doesn't have weapons.. The T-38C is going to be a bit more of a challenge as it has a glass cockpit with a HUD. Things are on the up and up though.

EDIT: My bad, thought they were renders. To me if it isn't in FSX it is a render.
    Steve

Looks real enough to me. Speechless

Looks alot like jmig's sim pit.
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

awesome is my only comment on that VC:ernae:
    will the T-38 be an Independant Milviz Product like the C310 and Published via Flight1?

Best Regards
    Tom

Thx for the early xmas gift!! That's about the most realistic pit I've seen!! Bravo!! I'm really enjoying your fine C310R Also!
    Danke!!
    Happy Holidays to you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    I am not going to go into details on where future products will be offered, but yes it is an independant Milviz product worked on by the very same team that did the 310 (plus some new members that have added a lot of new knowledge, and we are exploring a lot of new ideas for these products).. We will save that for a future update though, lol.
    Steve

As is typical for MILVIZ, outstanding work! I'm not sure I was really looking for a T-38, but after seeing this, may just have to occupy a position in my hangar. I have yet to be disappointed by MILVIZ. Thanks MILVIZ team.

Matt

Been many a year since I sat in a T-38 cockpit, but that's the most accurate FS rendition of the classic T-38A pit I've seen!
    Cheers,
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Roadburner440 View Post
    Don't have the T-38 in FSX yet. We are still waiting to recieve the fuselage from paint. Bernt has been using a random aircraft to work on the FDE until the models were finished. Not to far behind this A model the C model should be coming back from paint as well.. F-15E is looking good though. Just trying to get all the systems working the way they should, and ironing out bugs. Still working on adding features to the F-15 so. The T-38A will be a smoother process due to its simplicity, and it doesn't have weapons.. The T-38C is going to be a bit more of a challenge as it has a glass cockpit with a HUD. Things are on the up and up though.

EDIT: My bad, thought they were renders. To me if it isn't in FSX it is a render.

Sounds good.

Speaking of HUD's...could you guys please not simply tweak the FSX Hornet Hud for your future releases (F-15C/E, T-38C)?

HUD's can make or break a model, we'd all really appreciate a smooth accurate collomated HUD.

Regards, Diego and thanks for the updates

Only two things...

On the T-38A, can we please have:

1. A version with a travel pod (naturally!)
    2. A paint kit

I want to do ALL of the NASA schemes from delivery in 1965 to today!!!!

Kent

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    You guys will like what you see.. These are not re-hashes what we did with FSD and the YF-23. The F-15's, and T-38's are getting their own custom HUD's and systems based on the true Tech Orders. In fact I have a folder full of T-38 HUD video's that Colin sent to me and the team just to get the look and feel of it right in the T-38C. So it will not be a shell running the Acceleration F-18 avionics. They will be stand alone products that have their own custom avionics sets.. Accleration will be required however on these models due to the anomolies that happened with the 310 and the landing/taxi lights. For some reason there is something different in the SDK between SP1/SP2 and Acceleration that cannot be explained through any amount of coding or documentation. I think everyone will like what they see though. We really are looking at quite a few new concepts as far as development/programming is concearned. The F-15E will best show case some of this stuff as the T-38 is a less complex bird.

To the best of our knowledge the T-38A's did not have weapons (therefore it would be impossible to put a pod on it without a bomb rack to attach it to). I may very well be wrong in that. We do know there were some T-38A's modified by NASA as you describe, but they were custom jobs that would have very little documentation available for us to replicate. Some sources I have seen pin that pod as some kind of weather radar. Here are photos of it calling it a baggage pod though.
    http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.co...-Kubes/14.shtm

http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...ent=IMG025.jpg
    Steve

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Just wanted to put up that I just went through the T.O. IT-38A-1 and nowhere in this pub does it reference the pod, or any type of station there to mount the stuff. Which leads me to believe my point above is correct, and these were one off NASA modifications. It would appear to me that NASA modified them with stations from a F-5 in order to perform experiments. Would be easier I think to just use a F-5, but that's the government for you. It looks to me as if this station is riveted into the airframe.. I just don't understand why some have it, and others dont. Our is going to be a clean model. So I apologize for the inconvenience on that. I don't even see any switches to release/jettison anything on that station.

http://rogerritter.com/images/aviati...8/File0025.jpg
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by krazycolin View Post
    Uh just one point. these are NOT renders. This is exactly what the model looks like in max and, therefore, what it will look like in FSX. Poly count is well under 160K.
    OMG OMG
    Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by MenendezDiego View Post
    Sounds good.

Speaking of HUD's...could you guys please not simply tweak the FSX Hornet Hud for your future releases (F-15C/E, T-38C)?

HUD's can make or break a model, we'd all really appreciate a smooth accurate collomated HUD.

Regards, Diego and thanks for the updates
    Go here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/milvizinc?feature=mhum

Actually...

...it wasn't just NASA using the travel pod, but the whole Air Force-- every unit has pods. It is a common loadout on cross country flights.

Additionally, on a different topic, there were a limited number of USAF T-38Bs that did have provision for centerline SUU gun pods and practice bomb dispensers for use in FLIT-- Flighter Lead In-Training at Holloman AFB in the 60s-90s. But the travel pod was MUCH more common.

So, it's a bummer about only having a clean model.

K

It will have the pod. No worries.

Attachment 25053

here we see the "common" USAF style baggage pod. Note the pylon style...

Attachment 25054

Attachment 25055

Members who have read this thread: 0