NEW Nvidia drivers 260.99 WHQL 2010.10.25 REALLY MAKE FSX WORK GREAT!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEW Nvidia drivers 260.99 WHQL 2010.10.25 REALLY MAKE FSX WORK GREAT!!

NEW Nvidia drivers 260.99 WHQL 2010.10.25 REALLY MAKE FSX WORK GREAT!!

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-wi...ql-driver.html

Running FSX HIGHEST AS IT GOES! NO LAG! AND ITS GREAT!
    :salute:

• Increases performance vs. v260.89 drivers in the following PC games: Civilization V (SLI), Fallout 3, Final Fantasy XIV, and Formula 1 Racing (DX11).
    • Adds SLI profiles for the following PC games:
      • Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
      • Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II
      • Fallout: New Vegas
    • Improves compatibility for Fallout: New Vegas with antialiasing enabled.
    • Improves Alt-Tab compatibility for several PC games.
    • Added the following 3D Vision game profiles: Call of Duty: Black Ops and Tom Clancy's HawX 2.
    • With Release 260 drivers, the installation process for 3D Vision has changed. Please view this knowledgebase article for more information on the changes.

Additional Information

• Installs HD Audio driver to version 1.1.9.0.
    • Includes PhysX System Software to version 9.10.0514.
    • Supports the new GPU-accelerated features in Adobe CS5.
    • Supports GPU-acceleration for smoother online HD videos with Adobe Flash 10.1. Learn more here.
    • Supports the new version of MotionDSP's video enhancement software, vReveal, which adds support for HD output. NVIDIA customers can download a free version of vReveal that supports up to SD output here.
    • Supports DirectCompute with Windows 7 and GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
    • Supports OpenCL 1.0 (Open Computing Language) for all GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
    • Supports OpenGL 3.3 for GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
    • Supports OpenGL 4.1 for GeForce 400 series GPUs.
    • Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel X58-based motherboards.
    • Supports GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring by installing NVIDIA System Tools software.
    • Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Can anyone confirm?

Cheers Cirrus , had issues and problems using FSX with the GTX295 , installed this driver days back and yes fixes many issues .
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

i am happy they keep making the drivers better! cant wait to see what they do next:salute:
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

If you're happy with 14 FPS, all the power to you.

64bit W7, seems a bit smoother with these drivers.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

No change whatsoever here

Thanks for the info, I will give them a try.
    However, concerning your performance, your settings are not so suitable to your visual quality in your screenshots.
    You can save some perf by setting the mesh resolution to 5 or 10 meters, the ground textures to 1 meter, and disabling the ground scenery shadows and the light bloom.

Been using these wth my new GTX460 cards, and no problems so far.

Jep, works fine with me (WIN7 64bit and NVIDIA Geforce GTX 260)

I'm using it with NVIDIA Inspector 1.93
    http://blog.orbmu2k.de/tools/nvidia-inspector-tool

With these (driver and tool) antialising and anisotropic filtering work as expected.

I can post my settings of both if somebody needs them.

Just reply here.

Installed and tested , did not see a difference in framerates but encountered no problems.

I had become rather sceptical of installing new NVidia drivers because they seemed to only address issues with new games and did little or nothing for FSX. However, after reading the reviews above I installed v260.99 and was pleasantly surprised.
    I have Vista 64 bit and GTX285 card. My usual 'test track' is set up as a saved flight ...it spawns at La Guardia rwy 40 in the default Cessna 172. I take off and turn left to fly over Manhattan. My scenery is Aerosoft Manhattan, a tough test for any system, I have UTX traffic installed set at 30% and road and water traffic set at 30%.
    My best performance up to now has been 14 fps but after installing v260.99 I sailed over at a smooth 19-24 fps. The colors are nice and picture was very sharp. Moving the location to Kelowna, British Colombia, with the same settings and default scenery, the fps was in 3 figures.

http://www.premaircraft.com/screenies/scrshot1862.jpg

Bob.

Members +
    Adding my frame rates to this..on my GTX 260,I currently use one driver ,after trying very many...the Nvidia 190.38 driver, they seem to work together and for me,its fine in FSX,of which is not my primary Sim....much higher Rates at tasking settings...Even JFK is almost acceptable now...like I say for me this works..No Problems In FS9..all maxed out super performance.....FSX still seems elusive for me,no instant cure,and certainly too expensive to pursue ,even if its capable to perform as promised!!

Installed these drivers on it's release.
    They cure a lot of problems, especially with the gtx4xx series. Iv'e got rid of the blue screen of death that has been a problem with fsx chrashing my system everytime i loaded fsx.

I still has some anomalies with the fsx grafics, i get colord spikes that flicker rapidly of and on. They are alomost gone now with these drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwikat View Post
    If you're happy with 14 FPS, all the power to you.

Heck I would be LOL! I normally get about 7 in that area.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by bobmay View Post
    I had become rather sceptical of installing new NVidia drivers because they seemed to only address issues with new games and did little or nothing for FSX. However, after reading the reviews above I installed v260.99 and was pleasantly surprised.
    I have Vista 64 bit and GTX285 card. My usual 'test track' is set up as a saved flight ...it spawns at La Guardia rwy 40 in the default Cessna 172. I take off and turn left to fly over Manhattan. My scenery is Aerosoft Manhattan, a tough test for any system, I have UTX traffic installed set at 30% and road and water traffic set at 30%.
    My best performance up to now has been 14 fps but after installing v260.99 I sailed over at a smooth 19-24 fps. The colors are nice and picture was very sharp. Moving the location to Kelowna, British Colombia, with the same settings and default scenery, the fps was in 3 figures.

http://www.premaircraft.com/screenies/scrshot1862.jpg

Bob.
    That is a beautiful screen shot Bob!

definate increase for me, not massive but increase in FPS and it seems the smoothness between frames is much better.

Speaking to Scott his test systems over at his end also seem to be providing the same results, one of his test systems is 8800series, my personal system is 460GTX powered.

Not much but there is some clear improvement with these drivers on my humble system with 8800GTS video card. Thanks the HU!

Cheers,
    Huub

Members +
    I can live with this with whatI got.28.1FR...always lower around big cities but never less than 10 to 13.FPS....GTX 260...190/38 driver....

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    I NEVER update my video card drivers after what happened last time when I did it a few years ago. Going to go out on a limb and do it this time though, and pray for the best. I did a full backup a couple days ago so should be alright. lol Does anyone know how this affects Nhancer?
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

Charter Member 2011
    Fort Rucker, Alabama, United States, United States
    Cannot use Nhancer must use Nvidia Inspector.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/nhan...opic36586.html

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Hello Scott, and thanks for the info/link. Looks like I will be spending some time reconfiguring the PC. I ran FSX without Nhancer, or this other program and so far I am impressed by what I see as far as smoothness. I need to go on a long 8+ hour flight though to see if it really improves over all.
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

I can't get mine to install it says there's a problem with 7zip it's starts to unwrap then the installer fails that's with Win7 64 and a GTS250
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

installed and working fine here, I do like the newer installation proceedure.
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Not much but there is some clear improvement with these drivers on my humble system with 8800GTS video card. Thanks the HU!

Cheers,
    Huub
    I have a 8800GT and am considering updating from my current 182.50 driver, but only if there is a real improvement. Huub, what improvements did you see with your 8800GTS?
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Members who have read this thread: 0