A list of preferred aircraft for CFS2 installs/re-installs ?

Thread: A list of preferred aircraft for CFS2 installs/re-installs ?

A list of preferred aircraft for CFS2 installs/re-installs ?

I have been slowly updating my Theatre libraries, but have had some fun working out which aircraft to install at times as there are a number of different models for some. For example what is the recommended P-51D Mustang model to install ? While there are no doubt many good reasons for installs of particular models (a skin may only be available for a certain model), is there a consensus on what aircraft should be in/out ? :isadizzy:

Being one of the many P51 lovers here at the outhouse I have to say I can't answer that. I tend to be a little sweet on an alpha p51 I've worked over, but it has been heavily modified; new dp, airfile, skin. And I have tinkered around with each file to get it how I want it. So if I come across as recommending the alpha plane remember, it is only as raw material to start off with. That being said, anything with a decent model file will do. Maybe that's what you really need to ask here: What P51 has the best model file? Looking at the issue from this point of view would really interest me more. But now, I have opened up a can of worms that will lead to questions such as: What are you looking for, good animations, breaking parts, affect on framerates?

As a general rule I love my detail so the model that has the best balance of accurate model, nice to excellent skin (more eye candy the better), along with accurate flight model (1% is my own preference but obviously others will love a modded hot-rod), breaking parts gets a thumbs up otherwise a decent fireball will suffice - having a plane do endless multiple cartwheels through the air after being mauled by mg/cannon fire and remaining fully intact until it spears in does not quite work for me.

The other part to the question is what do the campaign makers prefer, in which case if skins are to be made/updated is there a particular aircraft model that gets the general thumbs up ?

Obviously there will be a lot of personal preferences involved for each person !!!!!!!

SeagullV,
    I can only answer from my perspective, but those that I used as "player" aircraft in the Tuskegee Airmen Campaigns get my vote for all of the above. I tested several models of the B/C and D Mustangs before I chose those. Mind you, I was fairly proficient in KM's P40e before the Tuskegee Airmen switched to P51s, so I might have chosen the Mustangs based more on flight dynamics than any other reasons. The skins were not an issue, because SopwithC made up T.A skins for me.
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

Andrew wai released a mustang for cfs2 and I can report this is my favorite aircraft for dogfighting.