Simskunkworks Starfighter
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Simskunkworks Starfighter

Simskunkworks Starfighter

This is one amazing and one loved aircraft!

Attachment 22949
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

that's not what your wife said, lol

LMFAO, how did you know??????? HAHAHHAHAHA
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Charter Member 2012
    Is this the Progetto F104S ( http://www.progettof104.102virtual.org/index.php ) or is it a completely separate project?

Quote Originally Posted by peter12213 View Post
    This is one amazing and one loved aircraft!
    Yes it is!!!
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

It's the Smoker!
    It's the Fighter!
    It's the Starfighter!!!

This aircraft makes feel the sensation of the respect. If you don't respect her, it's the end. But if you take care of her in the proper way, she gives the best!!!

Is this the Progetto F104S ( http://www.progettof104.102virtual.org/index.php ) or is it a completely separate project?
    It is the same project. But in a different home web.

I have the Captain Sim version with their FSX patch.

Can anyone say how it compares to that?

Thanks
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

In my opinion, the C9 F104 beat the CS model hands down. The Simskunkworks F104 takes it to an entirely different level of realism. If you want "real as it gets", the Simskunkworks F104S is the way to go. And it's going to get better.

Russell.

Dougal,
    I don´t have the CS one.
    I did only a little flight without system procedures yesterday. But it handles very well (What i think it´s supposed to handle because of course i´m not a real f104 pilot) and the fde is impressive. Others can give you a more acurate vision of this. The sound package is one of the best i saw until now. I only managed to get the manual today, so i´m going to the reading because the plane IS very system deep with many of them simulated, including the weapons.
    Of course, there are little things to work out like bump mapping the plane but the "fun factor" is so great that you almost forget this ...
    And ... the price .... wow!
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

I have flew the CS, and the Cloud9 many years ago, before becoming a Virtual "Pluto" and entering in the Project. We have made many, many hours of flight Hours...to test and to verify, supported by the experience of Mario and other pilots.....have we reach the goal? I can say "yes" and I am sure of that...surely we can do better, and I can say that we are working again, and again.....

The model is in evolution..for sure, as Flaviossa says we work on bump mapping, and other features, as we say in our web-site, to complete the project..

Just to let you Know I post a video, of a start up, and shut down, that Mario made in August of the new virtual cockpit....the cockpit is in development and soon we post a new video of the actual situation.....
    enjoy

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qOWFL6zUQUc?fs=1&amp;hl=it_IT"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qOWFL6zUQUc?fs=1&amp;hl=it_IT" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

<object width="480" height="385"> Emanuele</object>

Freeware? Payware? Released? Where can I get it?

Looking for a good FSX F104 quite some time now...:salute:
    Anneke

Charter Member 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Anneke View Post
    Freeware? Payware? Released? Where can I get it?

Looking for a good FSX F104 quite some time now...:salute:
    http://www.vaafse.org/simskunkworks/
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

VERY SOON AVAILABLE !
    Anneke

Quote Originally Posted by Anneke View Post
    VERY SOON AVAILABLE !
    It is already avaiable....actually we distribute the 2.6 version for the S, and the 1.0 version for the ASA.
    The video refers to the V3 with a complete 3D clickable virtual cockpit....
    the actually version have already a VC ...

Emanuele

I can't wait for the updated VC!

Best avaialable for realism!! This is really REAL!!!!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by peter12213 View Post
    Best avaialable for realism!! This is really REAL!!!!
    thanks Peter....that was our goal, and that is our goal for our future projects: "as real as it is"... always if we can, but we try to get possible

Just a thought...flying our zipper in the sim for test, and test and for the "operative" life , with so many hours that I forget, I have understood that many things, or legends about the zipper are not true.

It was called "the widow maker", or " Flying-coffing" (is it the right translation?) but when you fly it, you realize that it was not an "airplane's problem", it was always a "pilot's problem"...as a famous Italian's Pilot said: "with the Zipper, when an accident happened, it was always a pilot's training problem"....The zipper was not easy to fly...it is true....it had limits....it is true....but if you fly it, as it wants, as it asks..it gives you great satisfaction! For this reason as Mario always says: "the F104 Dash-one for the Zipper's pilot is as the Bible for the priest, You must know it...or you make big holes on the ground"

see you

Emanuele

WELL IT'S REAL! Amazing!! I want A Helmet and Mask, ohh and Granizzze AFB lol YEAH Zipper = RESPECT fail and DIE... respect and HAPPINESS!!!!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Dag
    Hi,

This one looks very tempting. I was one of the guys the painted the C9 version and the 104 is one of my favorite aircraft.
    Would it be possible to have some screenies that are mode close up? All I've seen of this aircraft externally is from quite a distance. I want to have a look at textures, bump, spec and modelling details.

Thanks in advance

Hi Dag,
    I remember you well from the C9 forums. You did some great repaints. Do yourself a favour and download it, it's a steal at 8 euro's, and I'm sure you won't regret it. Also, your usual constructive criticism could be very helpful as this is still a WIP.

Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Dag View Post
    Hi,

This one looks very tempting. I was one of the guys the painted the C9 version and the 104 is one of my favorite aircraft.
    Would it be possible to have some screenies that are mode close up? All I've seen of this aircraft externally is from quite a distance. I want to have a look at textures, bump, spec and modelling details.

Thanks in advance

The amazing thing about this bird is its flight dynamics which are miles better than anything else. Visually the exterior and interior models and the textures are very good for the price (£7). We await vs 3 which promises significant improvement in the VC and a paint kit which I personally can't wait to get my hands on. Here's a close-up

Attachment 23044
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Dag View Post
    Hi,

Thanks in advance
    Hi...it is a pleasure to see you here...I know your repaints for the C9, they were wonderful, at that time there were also some of my repaints for the C9 for a Service Pack
    About the model there are some improvements and details such: the second Pitot, Auxiliary Inlet doors, APC, the radio and system antennas, the anti-roll fins, the Sparrow antennas, a totally new Nozzle (for the J79-19...the C9 was for the J79-11), new cinematics for the landing gear, the various inlets for the system on the fuse and others details.
    Unfortunately, at this moment, the model has not a bumps-map, and a spec-map (the spec I made is quite totally opaque, I make so in the material editor of 3D studio, but I'm working on it). they will be present soon, so the new paint kit. At this moment the texture are quite similar with the C9 textures even if the model was totally remapped, and in some cases the texture of the C9 don't match well the new model. I hope that with the paint kit the "painters" would improve our model with new and beatiful "skins"

Any "criticism" would be very helpful for us to improve the model

Thanks for all

Emanuele

Dag
    Hi,

Thanks for the screenie and information. Greatly apprecieated. Looking forward to seeing this aircraft develop:salute:

Thanks

SIM SKUNK WORKS FLIGHT MODEL

Quote Originally Posted by DaveQ View Post
    The amazing thing about this bird is its flight dynamics which are miles better than anything else. Visually the exterior and interior models and the textures are very good for the price (£7). We await vs 3 which promises significant improvement in the VC and a paint kit which I personally can't wait to get my hands on. Here's a close-up
    For the flying model we have to give credit to MARTE 21 aka Diego, I guess Daisan here.
    a stubborn mind that never gives up, works as a virtual pilot, the surgeon as a hobby

Members who have read this thread: 6