Milviz Updates 24 Oct 2010, T-38 Unveiling! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Milviz Updates 24 Oct 2010, T-38 Unveiling!

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    The F-111 I cannot talk about because that is a partner project went sour and is most likely dead now. They have moved on and released other birds... As for the Hawkeye well. We will see what the future brings (and I am pushing hard for it), but it is not on the table at the moment. That was going to be the aircraft I learned to do poly reduction on, but I got another project instead. At some point though I would like to see a C-2/Hawkeye type package. I think they are very cool aircraft, and I am hoping my next set of military orders allows me to go work on them in real life. Right now though we are knee deep in about 5 to 6 projects (obviously the Nemeth's code our helo's, and the F-15 was sourced out for coding as well), so our workload is truly only focused on about 3-4 of those specifically. Once we clear the T-38, F-15, and a couple of these other aircraft from the slate hopefully before X-mas we can then take a pause and get started on next years stuff. That is the plan anyway, and you all know how that goes. :isadizzy: I know with the 310 we had a good timeline for that, but we kept wanting to push it farther and farther which wound up making us push the date farther and farther back.. I think the aircraft turned out very well though, and we learned quite a lot.
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

OK!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roadburner440 View Post
    No. Colin and his company have done a lot of those models for movies, demo's, presentations, etc. He also does government contract work and such. He also has done various models across the flight sim industry (for companies such as Alphasim, A2A, Iris, FSD, etc.). I came on board when he decided he wanted to try it for himself, and we have managed to get together a good team of people (Bill, Bernt, Gunnar, Ken, and many others!) who love what we do. Some of the models that we have released were re-worked from some of those models you are asking about. Unfortunately that is what led to the really bad frame rates in earlier models (many of them are several hundred thousand poly's)... So now we custom build all FSX models from the ground up in order to help improve the FPS. So many of those models on the website will not be re-worked. We have a couple in the pipeline right now that are being re-done, but the vast majority of stuff we have upcoming (like this T-38) are brand new projects. Hope this answers the question. If you have any aircraft you would like to see we are wide open for ideas. Especially if we already have a model in the inventory as that means we have the necessary research material. It wouldn't be until probably a year from now before we even start though.
    But Does he Know what he is Talking About?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

In terms of what I know or don't know... well... I will leave that to others to decide. We (the Milviz team) just want to make the best AC possible for the best price point.

The landing light is correct. We have two (not one but TWO) actual T-38 pilots and both agree that it is correct.

NEXT!!!!

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Whatchya mean Rattler?
    Steve

Since you asked, I'd still love to see a beautiful P-40E. I'm sure MilViz could do a superb job on this. I'd like to see one that's of the caliber of some of the latest FSX models that have been introduced lately.

I'll have to say it again...... I would love an F-100C model with no tanks. However, I don't really care what a developer makes, so long as it is a work of love. If the developer is really into the aircraft, then the final product will be enjoyed by all. This T-38 looks first class, I can't hardly wait.
    :salute::salute:

Chris

No. Colin and his company have done a lot of those models for movies, demo's, presentations, etc. He also does government contract work and such. He also has done various models across the flight sim industry (for companies such as Alphasim, A2A, Iris, FSD, etc.). I came on board when he decided he wanted to try it for himself, and we have managed to get together a good team of people (Bill, Bernt, Gunnar, Ken, and many others!) who love what we do. Some of the models that we have released were re-worked from some of those models you are asking about. Unfortunately that is what led to the really bad frame rates in earlier models (many of them are several hundred thousand poly's)... So now we custom build all FSX models from the ground up in order to help improve the FPS. So many of those models on the website will not be re-worked. We have a couple in the pipeline right now that are being re-done, but the vast majority of stuff we have upcoming (like this T-38) are brand new projects. Hope this answers the question. If you have any aircraft you would like to see we are wide open for ideas. Especially if we already have a model in the inventory as that means we have the necessary research material. It wouldn't be until probably a year from now before we even start though.

Thanks for sharing that . So if you start to build a plane than it gos sour,is that it for that plane . Not talking about the model .

Quote Originally Posted by skyblazer3 View Post
    I'll have to say it again...... I would love an F-100C model with no tanks. However, I don't really care what a developer makes, so long as it is a work of love. If the developer is really into the aircraft, then the final product will be enjoyed by all. This T-38 looks first class, I can't hardly wait.
    :salute::salute:

Chris

I know what you mean. All I want is a F-22. Hopefully one will come before the end of FSX .

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    We really do not like to shelve products. Unfortunately the issue for us is not building models. We can build a model in about 3-5 weeks, and then send it off for texturing for about another 2-3 weeks. Our issue is coders. We were fortunate enough to get Bill on board for the 310 to do the hard coding, and Bernt to do the flight model. Without them the 310 would be nothing more than a rendering in 3DS max like the other models... We do not want to make a model and not do it justice. While we do not go as far as modeling oil levels and such. We do like to have a large degree of realism in the numbers, and flight model itself. Bernt has been working tirelessly for about the last week on the F-15's and T-38's high altitude performance numbers, and finally had a breakthrough with that in the last 2 days. The F-111 add's a lot more to that mix being it is a sweep wing, and that completely changes your aerodynamic loading depending on the sweep angle (and about a million other factors it seems). It may come into the pipeline at some point, but that remains to be seen. That is the main reason we started doing models in house ourselves. The F-15's were initially going to be an outsourced project, and that is why they got shelved due to us not having the technical capibilities until recently. So stuff does get picked back up.
    Steve

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Unfortunately with the F-22 the modeler has been extremely sick for some months now (I do not personally know him, but have always wished him well).. When he recovers, and hopefully can resume work on the F-22 we will progress forward with that. The F-15 is going to give us a good base for that, especially with the weapons systems. As far as legacy birds go here is what I would like to see. While the F-100, P-40, and all are good choices. I myself am pushing for Naval aircraft (I guess you can say I am biased ). I would like to see us do a C-2A, E-2C, S-3B, H-60B/F/H, An-225, Tu-95, and Mi-26 (this is my wishlist, not a list of upcoming aircraft by any means). I think everyone will be happy with our upcoming lineup though. The T-38, F-15, A-109, and CH-47 are the tip of the ice berg.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by c87 View Post
    Since you asked, I'd still love to see a beautiful P-40E. I'm sure MilViz could do a superb job on this. I'd like to see one that's of the caliber of some of the latest FSX models that have been introduced lately.
    I second that!

Naval aircraft? I see you have a model of a Zero .... a Sea Fury would also be nice

The E-2C was one of the 1st models I did for Colin/Milviz, and it would be nice to see it in FSX! I can give you some good tips on poly reduction if ya want. I have found some nice techniques that work good and fast, and also keeps the UVW mapping intact. :salute:
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Naki View Post
    a Sea Fury would also be nice
    I would love to see a good Sea Fury. I had started one, and even got in contact with the owner of two Reno Fury's and he agreed to let me use them as referances (get in, take pix) but it never went anywhere since I got the job at Aces soon after and I moved too Washington. Would love to pick it up again, but im way too busy with my full time job. That and the F8F/F7F are the apex of piston engine fighters!
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbage View Post
    That and the F8F/F7F are the apex of piston engine fighters!
    I would have to add the P-51H and F-82 to that list. Oh, how I do wish we had an F-82 as well.

The T-38 looks great. A dedicated FSX F-5E would be great as well, but I do understand the differences are somewhat substantial.

An F-82..... that monster from out of the blue?

Just give me operations.

Well, at any rate, the number of models available to Milviz shouldn't be a limiting factor throughout the next year
    Craig Tatley
    No DC-3 without the DC-2

http://www.dc2-fs.com/

Back to the T-38C for a sec. . . .I'm only mentioning this as an "is this correct?" question and not something that must be implemented. The last Egress Conference I attended in 2006 featured the folks from Martin Baker and besides the normal stuff they were showing (The JPATS Seat System and the F-35 Seat. . .very plush by the way) they also were recruiting personnel to begin the mods to all USAF T-38's for the new Martin Baker Ejection System. That was to start in late 2006 at Laughlin for about 18 months and then moving from base to base thereafter to complete the remaining Talons. The current seat showing in the early modeling isn't the MB (yes I know that's the "A" model). Will that change for the "C" model?
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

It wasn't planned but... we shall see.

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    We have a lot planned for the T-38C model. While the ejection seat is not one of the things that has been discussed so far. We are well aware of the re-design of the engine intakes, exhaust ducts, and other changes that were made to the internal/external. Those will all be modeled. I like all the aircraft suggestions by the way.. F-7F and P-51H are definately neglected birds when it comes to MSFS.
    Steve

F4u-5N!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by krazycolin View Post
    It wasn't planned but... we shall see.
    As I said, not a real big deal, most would never even pay any attention to what the seat looks like, it was just something I knew was being changed in the T-38.:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

We have a lot planned for the T-38C model. While the ejection seat is not one of the things that has been discussed so far. We are well aware of the re-design of the engine intakes, exhaust ducts, and other changes that were made to the internal/external. Those will all be modeled. I like all the aircraft suggestions by the way.. F-7F and P-51H are definately neglected birds when it comes to MSFS.
    are you awhare of the milton and crew built F7F over in the 2004 forum?..it will be FSX as well,and it is also an airtanker as well as the fighter...looks as sexy as it should

WHAT?

Whatchya mean Rattler?
    Incase Anyone Missed it, That was a Joke, I`m Sure He is Very Good At what he Does, I have the B-1B from Milviz and I Am very Happy with that Bird, I am looking forward to the F-15 Set and the forementioned T-38, Again, I was trying to be Funny, I guess It didnt Work....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

er.... we didn't do the B-1B.... that was Alphasim....

oh well.. .back to not knowing...

REALLY?

Quote Originally Posted by krazycolin View Post
    er.... we didn't do the B-1B.... that was Alphasim....

oh well.. .back to not knowing...
    Virtavia, Oh My, Sorry about that...... I Promise to Buy Something from Milviz The F-15 and T-38 are On the Books For me!!! P.S. Nice Camel toe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Members who have read this thread: 0