Milviz Updates 24 Oct 2010, T-38 Unveiling! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Milviz Updates 24 Oct 2010, T-38 Unveiling!

Just saw this post and it is amazing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oh My!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dag View Post
    Agreed, let's see a semi-matt specular shine.

Thanks
    Do you think we can talk Dag into making some Wonderful Paints for thisone.... I wonder!!!:salute::salute::salute:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retractable nose landing light looks a bit off to me.

Just a piece of constructive critque.

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Century. We'll look into it. Also I thought the shinyness of it was a little odd. Plus the VC panels are set to be transparent it would seem. Next preview we will use the "clay" modeling on it. This is the first one that I have seen come through this way, but thought it looked cool in its own way.
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

Aviator32
    It does look spectacular but remember guys it is just a render. Renders of FS2002 aircraft could look spectacular too

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    LOL. I haven't seen the model in person in 3DS myself so I really cannot comment. When I saw the renders last night I was awstriken. The model is done though, and off to paint. So you will see it skinned soon enough. Usually only takes a couple weeks to come back from paint.
    Steve

I will do some greyscale renders tmrw and Steve will post them up.... sheesh, there's just no pleasing people...

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by krazycolin View Post
    I will do some greyscale renders tmrw and Steve will post them up.... sheesh, there's just no pleasing people...
    Been known to Please Myself, LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

EWWWWWWWW!!!!!

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    LOL. Colin you have to admit you set yourself up on that one.
    Steve

Here they go again...teasing us . But I like it . Nice work there . Always wanted one for FSX .

grey scale pics. Never again will I use a reflective material for renders....

part 2

oh... i forgot to mention... the landing light isn't fully extended and that's why it looks wierd... sorry about that...

Colin, I think reflective renders look very cool for the exterior model! :salute:
    Craig Tatley
    No DC-3 without the DC-2

http://www.dc2-fs.com/

Awesome!

All I can say is, paint kit and travel pod version (naturally!) please!

Fantastic.

Kent

Dag
    There we are ;-) Much better !
    Pay attention to the lower rear fuselage where the fuselage outer lower corners joins the fwd edge of the skinning of the tail pipes. I believe this area is too tapered/rounded. The aft end should be more squared here and the aft end vents in this area, should be more prominent.
    Apart from this, the model looks superb !!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by krazycolin View Post
    oh... i forgot to mention... the landing light isn't fully extended and that's why it looks wierd... sorry about that...
    Even if it's not fully extended it just doesn't look right. The light assembly looks too big and the back of it looks sloped in a funny unusal way for what is essential a simple fold out light?!!!

I'm sure you've done your homework, I guess I'd need to see more to be certain.

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    We will take a look at the landing light. We have a lot of good documentation and photos of this bird. It never hurts to go back and verify. Especially at this stage as it is a lot easier to just go in and change it.
    Steve

Quality work!

But then again, you guys are MilViz. Anything else than to notch is the beginning of the end of the (FSX world).

Question for one of the Milviz folks . At the milviz visualization site there are large amounts on models . Are these work in progress for FSX .

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    No. Colin and his company have done a lot of those models for movies, demo's, presentations, etc. He also does government contract work and such. He also has done various models across the flight sim industry (for companies such as Alphasim, A2A, Iris, FSD, etc.). I came on board when he decided he wanted to try it for himself, and we have managed to get together a good team of people (Bill, Bernt, Gunnar, Ken, and many others!) who love what we do. Some of the models that we have released were re-worked from some of those models you are asking about. Unfortunately that is what led to the really bad frame rates in earlier models (many of them are several hundred thousand poly's)... So now we custom build all FSX models from the ground up in order to help improve the FPS. So many of those models on the website will not be re-worked. We have a couple in the pipeline right now that are being re-done, but the vast majority of stuff we have upcoming (like this T-38) are brand new projects. Hope this answers the question. If you have any aircraft you would like to see we are wide open for ideas. Especially if we already have a model in the inventory as that means we have the necessary research material. It wouldn't be until probably a year from now before we even start though.
    Steve

How about that E-2C hawkeye or the F-111F aardvark?
    Craig Tatley
    No DC-3 without the DC-2

http://www.dc2-fs.com/

Members who have read this thread: 0