Question about Aircraft Carriers

Thread: Question about Aircraft Carriers

Question about Aircraft Carriers

Hi,

I'm working on several WW2, mostly japanese, aircraft carriers and want to make them suitable for the use with aircraft.
    I understand that the attachpoints for cables, as well as the start, end and width of the runway have do be defined and I did this. But FSX (Accel) still treats it as a scenery object and you get a scenery object crash when trying to land.
    Does anybody know how the top of the carrier has to be defined so it acts like a runway? Hope this question is not too dumb, seems like I'm really missing something here.

TIA
    Mark

Create a poly that matches the area of the flight deck (I just make a copy of the flight deck and throw an optimise modifier on it) then use the attach point tool to make it a platform (it's one of the options). There are a load of options for what to make the platform, I'm guessing you'd want either steel_mats or planks.

More on building carriers here.

Hi!
    In addition to Skippy answer, I add also a "no crash" property (using Attached point tool) to every 3D objects put on the flight deck like the wires for instance.
    Otherwise, you'll have a crash anytime you cross the cable with "Crash detection" option turned on

Regards,
    S.

Sounds like a worthy project. The absolute best FS9 Carriers were the Midway and Coral Sea sets by YANKO. Both fleets modeled and flyable.

Good luck with this! Thanks for making the effort!

T

Members who have read this thread: 0