Please keep this former Naval Aviator in your prayers....

Thread: Please keep this former Naval Aviator in your prayers....

Please keep this former Naval Aviator in your prayers....

The following letter was sent to me by my friend, Retired USN CDR Fred Sanders, concerning Capt. John Leenhouts, USN, (Ret.), who was in a bad car wreck:

Friends, this is Navy Retired Captain John "Lites" Leenhouts. We were buds together in flight school. He has 1, 645 carrier landings in the A-7, F-14 and FA-18. Most of anyone in the history of the US Navy. Commanded a squadron during Desert Storm. Sent alot of Muslims to visit Allah. Had a bad car wreck. Remember him in your prayers, please.

When the Gulf War started up in 1991 or so, I was up one night, very early/late, about 2 AM or so, watching the news on TV. They interviewered John; he was the XO of what was our sister-squardon on the Kennedy when I was there (VA-72). John flew (Was Exec. Officer) in the last operational squadron of A-7's in the Navy.

Fred

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    It is ashame for someone who has survived probably one of the most dangerous jobs you can have to be affected by a car wreck.. Would be terrible to lose a naval aviator in that sense. I pray for his expediate, and full recovery.
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

That is some bad news. Capt. Leenhouts is well-known throughout the USN tailhook community, not just for his flying experience but also his excellent aviation photography. We'll keep him in our thoughts and prayers for a full recovery.

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Prayer sent. Sorry to hear. May he pull through with no problems.
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Retired SOH Administrator
    Me and my house is praying for John Lite Leenhouts...

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i dont pra...i im a deep thinker..and my thooughts are with him...horrible thing this

Blog Entries
    Will do! May he return to full health.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

NC, please let us know if you get any more info on Capt. Leenhouts, especially his recovery progress. Some of my F-14 people know him from back in the day and would like to know how he's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    NC, please let us know if you get any more info on Capt. Leenhouts, especially his recovery progress. Some of my F-14 people know him from back in the day and would like to know how he's doing.

Will do. I will email Fred Sanders, and ask how John is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    Fred emailed me this morning. No more news yet. He emailed his (and J. Leenhouts's) former CO. But nothing to report.

When there is news, I will be sure to post.

NC

Thanks NC

My thoughts and prayers for the Captain as well.
    "No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often." - Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt