RAZBAM LTV A-7 Corsair II released - Page 22
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12141516171819202122

Thread: RAZBAM LTV A-7 Corsair II released

I want to use 3D light effect
    Is it possible for these values?
    Any idea?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    I want to use 3D light effect
    Is it possible for these values?
    Any idea?
    Shockwave landing lights will be a hassle because the land based models like the A-7D have it attached to the nose gear, sea going models (e.g. A-7E) have it at the right main gear.

Anyway, I only figured out the [lights] positioning for the land based models (nose gear):

light.* = 5, 10.900, -0.40, -3.600, fx_shockwave_landing_light_small_old

To have both land and sea working, you could split up aircraft containers or use different light channels with an xml controller (which I did not do, I did not think it was worth the effort).

Good that this thread came up from the archives.

How about the cold and dark procedure, the manual isnīt very helpful in this respect. Is it possible to start by the book or just ctrl+E?

The link referring to this was dead and lead to junk site.

Quote Originally Posted by William Njurmi View Post
    Good that this thread came up from the archives.

How about the cold and dark procedure, the manual isnīt very helpful in this respect. Is it possible to start by the book or just ctrl+E?

The link referring to this was dead and lead to junk site.
    Nope...cntrl-e....other than that, you will find the avionics and operations far more challenging...she is not a fly by the armchair type of plane...the best a-7 made for asx all around. Hope you picked up all the volumes while they were on sale.
    FSX Miramar XO, RAZBAM Flying Club founder, Team member, crud crew, beta tester, and all around good guy!

Actually I got it from sales a year earlier, but the test flight queue is so long.

You were a bit mysterious with your comment, so only ctrl-e to start-up? PC Pilot review pointed this out as well.

Actually I got it from sales a year earlier, but the test flight queue is so long.

You were a bit mysterious with your comment, so only ctrl-e to start-up? PC Pilot review pointed this out as well.

correct...control E is the only way to start the TF-41A2B engine.
    FSX Miramar XO, RAZBAM Flying Club founder, Team member, crud crew, beta tester, and all around good guy!

landing light for the naval version

light.xxx= 5, 0.58, 2.9, -2.0, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow

also need to edit panel.cfg to add

gaugexxx=shockwave_lights!SW Lights_gear, 1,1,1,1

to extinguish light when retracted. set appropriate 'xxx' numbers.

works on the 2 seater, should also work for single seater as datum of the model is probably at the same location.

I Bought A-7 vol.1 few days ago for TacPack idea. I spent many hours to checking and trying cold and dark (i dont like cartoon planes). Im surpriced of realism of this in Corsair model . Only ctrl and e and always generator is on. Some of bugs ( like doesnt move back) of switches still not solved . Harrier of Razbam is for me a big star, Corsair, only reflection of star in the lake (I talk about check list). For sure its a old model from 2010....but I expected a little more with start up procedures. Pity because 3d model and VC looks very well still.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    I Bought A-7 vol.1 few days ago for TacPack idea. I spent many hours to checking and trying cold and dark (i dont like cartoon planes). Im surpriced of realism of this in Corsair model . Only ctrl and e and always generator is on. Some of bugs ( like doesnt move back) of switches still not solved . Harrier of Razbam is for me a big star, Corsair, only reflection of star in the lake (I talk about check list). For sure its a old model from 2010....but I expected a little more with start up procedures. Pity because 3d model and VC looks very well still.
    I bought this awhile ago; at the time I hadn't read about the requirement of CTRL+E to start, so it came as a bit of a disappointment. As well as, if I recall correctly (it hasn't been installed in my sim for quite some time), the inability to shut it down after a flight. I don't always care to run through a full start-up on everything I fly, but I almost always taxi to parking and fully shut everything down after a flight.

About turning on the HUD in the A and B model....

Hi,
    I've been flying the 2 seaters for years and I love the plane. I just bought the single seat A, B, D and P package last night. I see the familiar HUD control panel in the single seat P model, but the panel isn't in the A and B models. I did figure out where the hotspot for hiding the stick and the throttle, but I can't find the control to turn on the HUD. Could someone please point me in the right direction?

I have FSX Steam Edition in Windows 10.

Thanks to the folks at Razbam for another great model.

A-7A and A-7B did not have the Head Up Display. The AN/AVQ-7 (v) HUD was introduced in A-7D for the US Air Force and then included with the A-7E, for the US Navy.

Quote Originally Posted by RandyCain View Post
    Hi,
    I've been flying the 2 seaters for years and I love the plane. I just bought the single seat A, B, D and P package last night. I see the familiar HUD control panel in the single seat P model, but the panel isn't in the A and B models. I did figure out where the hotspot for hiding the stick and the throttle, but I can't find the control to turn on the HUD. Could someone please point me in the right direction?

I have FSX Steam Edition in Windows 10.

Thanks to the folks at Razbam for another great model.
    Current System Specs :
    FSXA & P3Dv4 | Windows 10 Professional for Workstations (x64)
    Motherboard: Gigabit Z390 Aorus Ultra, LGA 1151, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5)
    HD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus | PSU: KDM 750W ATX Power Supply

Thank you so much for your prompt reply. I really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by awstub View Post
    A-7A and A-7B did not have the Head Up Display. The AN/AVQ-7 (v) HUD was introduced in A-7D for the US Air Force and then included with the A-7E, for the US Navy.
    Agree -

as far as the Navy was concerned, the A/B models were placeholders for fleet introduction and community buildup. They knew the INS and weapons system plus a better engine were in the works. Early fleet startup with the A/B gave the Navy a jump ahead when the A-7E was finalized.

Members who have read this thread: 1